Wii U not backwards compatible out of the box. Needs day one update

#41j_coatPosted 11/8/2012 9:46:02 PM
Will this update still allow for ALL Wii games to be played, or will this be a "sorry, not on the list" thing like with Xbox 360?
#42vidalmorazaPosted 11/8/2012 10:32:09 PM
Rainierman posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
libatako posted...
Gonna suck ass for people in 3rd world countries....

If you live in a 3rd world country, you probably aren't wasting your money on video games.

I live in a third world country, and I have internet, and I have games xD. I think you both should leave your safety bubble more often.

Same here, 3rd world country,with a PS3, Vita, 3DS, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U soon at launch day, laptop, gaming desktop, iPhone, Android Tablet with Tegra 3, LED HDTV 40" Smart TV, decent internet speed, yeah, third world country sucks....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#43IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/9/2012 5:02:34 AM
The only way to get semi decent cellphone plans in America is going prepaid.

Straight Talk: $45/unlimited talk, text, "unlimited" data (really they throttle after 2GB)
T-Mobile: $30/ 200 minutes of talk, unlimited text and data

But people continue buying phones on contract, so stupid.
#44darkjedilinkPosted 11/9/2012 6:34:41 AM
j_coat posted...
Will this update still allow for ALL Wii games to be played, or will this be a "sorry, not on the list" thing like with Xbox 360?

It should allow for ALL Wii games, since they aren't going the stupid route and allowing people to use Wii U controllers. That requires emulation which makes 100% BC impossible.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#45GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/9/2012 6:43:45 AM
>Fanboys making stupid excuses for this and being typical apologists

Theres only one reason this 'day one update' isnt already in the firmware; to force people to hook their Wii Us up online for those that might not have, so they can hope to try to hook them on mii verse, wii u e-shop, and any services that nintendos gonna be making a buck off.

Totally shameful. This corny update better be included in later revisions or productions of the console there won't be any excuses down the line like "Hurr then it wouldnt launch on time"

I had no plans to connect my Wii U online in a yearor two when I eventualy get one once the quality games library gets fleshed out. Nintendos online is damn near non existant and sucky anyway, and I wanted no part of that Miiverse garbage.

This is seriously just incredibly pointless and idiotic
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#46KebiinuPosted 11/9/2012 6:47:53 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Straight Talk: $45/unlimited talk, text, "unlimited" data (really they throttle after 2GB)

I was actually thinking of going contract just to build credit. But I'm not a fan of the insane bills, when $50 bucks for unlimited everything is fine to me.
---
3DS FC: 4167 - 4502 - 6171
PSN: Kebiinu
#47DeathSnipe777Posted 11/9/2012 6:48:13 AM

I only figured this out after getting my first smartphone last February. I have Sprint, so it's cheaper than most contracts from other providers, but I'm definitely going to end up switching to something prepaid once my contract is up.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
PSN: Marlouchu
#48john_4_pPosted 11/9/2012 6:57:15 AM
pancakegr8 posted...
MirageMew2 posted...
SOL.

What is that?

Son of a lich.
---
AE: Fei Long, Ibuki --- TTT2: Feng Wei/Jin
#49EvilmonsterPosted 11/9/2012 7:08:16 AM
Yeah ok I'm getting a new system and I want to start it off by playing Wii games? yeah right
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
#50nonexistingheroPosted 11/9/2012 7:21:26 AM
Seems pretty stupid, but I think it's an anti-piracy measure. If hackers find something in the initial software that allows for an exploit, it'll be hard to fix it for Nintendo. But if it's an update, then Nintendo can easily fix the exploits for a future update, not giving people the chance to use the exploit after that.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.