Peter Molyneux Interview. He needs to STFU.

#41maximumbarmagePosted 11/9/2012 12:48:58 AM
He's just saying what most are thinking. Nintenyearolds am cry.
---
"Graphics don't matter... so I'm buying the Wii U version of Assassin's Creed 3 so I get the best looking version." Actual Nintendolt quote.
#42leeko_linkPosted 11/9/2012 12:51:33 AM(edited)
“Well, what’s the reason to get it?”

Ummm... to play games. Fortunately this guy forgot that they are asking him about a gaming console, instead he answer it like it was a freaking PC.
#43TomoEK9Posted 11/9/2012 12:53:53 AM
VideoGamer1990 posted...
I think that might be one of the things that will help. Since touch controls and a second screen isn't really new, developers have a more general idea on what can work with them. And some games have shown such ideas with the touch screen, like The World Ends With You, Kid Icarus Uprising/Metroid Prime Hunters, Professor Layton, etc. So it's not like developers are given something radically different that they have to try to work with and get used to in the beginning, like the Wii and Wii Remote. It would be something they've worked with before.

So basically, the interest will definitely be up to the games rather then the Gamepad. But with a couple new things that the DS and 3DS don't have, like pulling the Gamepad over the TV screen to see something different/scan something or the idea that the Gamepad has it's own screen for playing a game locally, like 5-player gaming, the developers can work with these to make some ideas that wouldn't may have worked with the DS or 3DS and be able to work them with the Wii U.

Going to use Resident Evil(Cut the RE Hate for a minute, okay!) as an example. Lately, RE has been using a shooter-like style for playing, right?
Think of something like this. 2 characters together are on a platform-like area that would give the players a good view of the area, like a construction site or something. Natarally, you wouldn't be able to see what might be under the platform you're walking on.
But look to the Gamepad. When you look at the Gamepad, you are viewing the area as if you were taken to the old Resident Evils, where the camera is not behind you and is focused on the part of the area you're currently at. It shows you things that you may not be seeing on the TV screen with the camera behind you. Basically, with the TV and Gamepad, it's like you're playing old and new Resident Evil together.

Another example with it. Using the Gamepad as another way of looking after a character you're seperated with, like what Resident Evil Zero did with Rebecca and Billy. As you're taking one character to do something specific, the gamepad shows you the other character, using the old Resident Evil camera.
As your character is waiting for you to do what you need to do, they might get attacked while you're doing stuff, so you can use the Gamepad to quickly switch between characters in case you see a Zombie about to attack your other character while you're doing stuff, or another perspective, control the other character with the touchscreen to attack the Zombie since the character you're playing with might be attacking other Zombies while the other is getting attacked.
And then when they're about to do some kind of switch puzzle that would require both characters to be on something, you have your one character stay on the panel, switch to the other character and have then touch that panel to open the door needed to go forward and stuff.

While I could sadly see Capcom just using the Touchscreen for menu stuff, like guns and other junk, and Local Co-op, I think the above ideas could work well if Capcom gave them a try with Resident Evil.

So yeah, while the revolution stuff is left to the games to make the system a revolution, I think the Gamepad would help those games do that a bit easier, since the developers have gotten used to the touchscreen and stuff.

Everything you said still doesn't detract from one point. I HAVE TO LOOK AWAY FROM THE SCREEN TO VIEW THE GAMEPAD.

If I am busy looking down to mess with stuff, I am not paying attention to the screen. A moment of looking away is enough to screw you in an action packed game.
#44PoweranimalsPosted 11/9/2012 12:58:06 AM
Who?
#45therealdmanPosted 11/9/2012 1:30:29 AM
Hmm, I am not a fan of him, but I kind of agree with him based on my very limited impression of the console. I'll reserve my actual judgment until I give it a try, though. And before anyone jumps on me, I love Nintendo and have supported all of their consoles and if I see enough interesting games, I will do so again with the Wii U eventually.
#46VideoGamer1990Posted 11/9/2012 1:51:46 AM
TomoEK9 posted...

Everything you said still doesn't detract from one point. I HAVE TO LOOK AWAY FROM THE SCREEN TO VIEW THE GAMEPAD.

If I am busy looking down to mess with stuff, I am not paying attention to the screen. A moment of looking away is enough to screw you in an action packed game.

Well, I was trying to reply more to the "With the WiiU, I don't see anything it has that seems super revolutionary or that offers a huge potential in games.". Wasn't exactly trying to disprove the "An extra screen to look down at while playing? Yeah that's not distracting for me at all." bit.

Either way, as far as I've seen, not alot of the games require looking at the Gamepad alot. With the games that do, like ZombieU and Scribblenauts, it's either one of the things meant for the game, like with ZombieU where you have to arrange your stuff quickly before zombies come, or there's no real disadvantage of doing so, like Scribblenauts Unlimited, where you don't exactly need to worry about something attacking you unless something really unexpected happens.
With some of the other games like Nintendoland's Ninja Castle which use the Touch screen for doing stuff, it should be a peak that takes a second to look down and back up, since the game is fast-paced and requires to quickly look that you have the shriken ready and act fast. With other games like Tekken Tag Tournament 2, the Gamepad isn't nessesary since you can play the game without using the touch screen, so it doesn't require looking at all.

Anyway, the only thing I could really see your point with is with a game like Nintendoland's Ninja Castle, but with the other types of games, looking at the touchscreen isn't really a distraction since it's either the point to be fast with it, take your time with it, or not use it at all. Although with Ninja Castle, I expect it to be something like with Kid Icarus Uprising, where when you want a power to quickly use, you usually take a quick peak before looking up and either using the control pad or stylus.
Either way, after playing the DS and 3DS, I don't think the Gamepad being a distraction is going to be a big issue.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 48
#47UnbralPosted 11/9/2012 1:57:25 AM
Helmsly2008 posted...
SkyCrackers posted...
Stefan1277 posted...
Whatever happened to professional courtesy? can people like these just go around bashing consoles and companies and get away with it? no wonder why no one takes the industry seriously, the ones on top are a bunch of whiny ignorant haters. This includes nintendo. I do not discriminate against idiots if they're idiots. F-Zero hasn't evolved? pfffff.

Whatever happened to people being allowed to state their opinion? He wasn't bashing it or hating it in any way, he was just saying that he wasn't thrilled with the way Nintendo was utilizing the gamepad(which I happen to agree with). The interviewer asked him for his opinion, do you expect him to lie just becuase he's a professional?

Seriously, stop being such a fanboy and accept that people have different opinions.

Exactly this. He's just giving his opinion, but heaven forbid someone does that if their opinion is not gushing with positivity about Nintendo. then they can "STFU".

"LOL Vita sucks. Whoever buy it is stupid. Nintendo ftw" — a simple opinion
"I don't really like Nintendo's attitude towards its franchises" — LEARN TO RESPECT OTHERS, STFU, GET OUTTA HERE, YOU ARE SO BANNED
---
The official Tenkai of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#48GencoilPosted 11/9/2012 2:01:54 AM
I just love how Wii U fixes almost everything people didn't like about Wii and yet... people aren't happy. What the hell do they want?
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#49GencoilPosted 11/9/2012 2:04:58 AM
I also love how people come to this forum just to pick on Nintendo fans. Get a life.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#50AgitoXIIIPosted 11/9/2012 2:08:59 AM
SkyCrackers posted...
Stefan1277 posted...
Whatever happened to professional courtesy? can people like these just go around bashing consoles and companies and get away with it? no wonder why no one takes the industry seriously, the ones on top are a bunch of whiny ignorant haters. This includes nintendo. I do not discriminate against idiots if they're idiots. F-Zero hasn't evolved? pfffff.

Whatever happened to people being allowed to state their opinion? He wasn't bashing it or hating it in any way, he was just saying that he wasn't thrilled with the way Nintendo was utilizing the gamepad(which I happen to agree with). The interviewer asked him for his opinion, do you expect him to lie just becuase he's a professional?

Seriously, stop being such a fanboy and accept that people have different opinions.

I agree with this. There is no bigger pathetic fanboyish fanbase then the Nintendo fanbase.

The Wii U isn't the same as the original Wii. And theres aren't many AAA games that we can see that make people really want atm. I've seen a lack of enthusiasm from people in real life, and seen it in online posts.
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.