Peter Molyneux Interview. He needs to STFU.

#61YamiYugi4400Posted 11/9/2012 3:13:45 AM
Gencoil posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
lol, just stop. Motion controls are a cancer in the gaming world, and there is nothing intuitive about them. The only thing motion controls succeeds at, imo, is constantly breaking immersion.

Nothing intuitive? Then please explain how you would implement the multi-angled sword controls used in Skyward Sword without making it complex or confusing. How would you do that with a standard controller?

Switch SS to a normal control scheme and it would of made it fun
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#62NinjaGamer_23Posted 11/9/2012 3:18:43 AM
I used to look up to this developer during the years he was working on Fable, now he's just hypung stuff up and not showing anything awesome.
#63sonic777Posted 11/9/2012 3:20:01 AM
MisterSmee posted...
Don't see anything wrong with what he said. Seriously, a lot of butthurt in this topic.
#64GencoilPosted 11/9/2012 3:26:43 AM
YamiYugi4400 posted...

Are you kidding? Being able to swing your sword with 1:1 movement was the best thing about Skyward Sword. What's fun with just pressing a button repeatedly? Multi-angled sword slashes is also a pretty important part of the combat in Skyward Sword, it adds a whole new depth to it. Now you're not just pressing the attack button repeatedly, you have to be mindful of what direction you're attacking from or the enemy will retaliate.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#65YamiYugi4400Posted 11/9/2012 3:28:11 AM
Gencoil posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...

Are you kidding? Being able to swing your sword with 1:1 movement was the best thing about Skyward Sword. What's fun with just pressing a button repeatedly? Multi-angled sword slashes is also a pretty important part of the combat in Skyward Sword, it adds a whole new depth to it. Now you're not just pressing the attack button repeatedly, you have to be mindful of what direction you're attacking from or the enemy will retaliate.

Lol at 1:1, its 8 directional attacks. You still have a slight pause after you swish your wiimote to attack.

Nintendo spent so much time working on the crappy Motion Controls that they ignored every other part of the game.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#66GencoilPosted 11/9/2012 3:34:41 AM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Lol at 1:1, its 8 directional attacks. You still have a slight pause after you swish your wiimote to attack.

So what if it's just 8 directions? How would the combat benefit from having more directions? It would make the game incredibly hard if you had to angle your sword perfectly to hit certain enemies.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#67YamiYugi4400Posted 11/9/2012 3:43:42 AM
Gencoil posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...

So what if it's just 8 directions? How would the combat benefit from having more directions? It would make the game incredibly hard if you had to angle your sword perfectly to hit certain enemies.

Meaning its not true 1:1 boi
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#68brainlackPosted 11/9/2012 3:52:16 AM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Gencoil posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...

this and saying motion control is the future well I'll get ready when I will rape the girls in battle raper and I will have fun pulling unrealistic controls on tekken with motion controls and think hey i'm juggling my enemy my opponent must be high up roof because of my juggle
---
because you like to read a sig in a sig so
I wrote a sig(inside a sig)for you to read - Brainlack
#69songoku0206Posted 11/9/2012 4:18:51 AM
Gencoil posted...
songoku0206 posted...
Gencoil posted...
I just love how Wii U fixes almost everything people didn't like about Wii and yet... people aren't happy. What the hell do they want?
What did they fixed because atm all i see is a Wii 2.0 the fact we don't know how good the online is, how long 3rd party support going to last and if NOA going to localize anything.

- They made a controller that's closer to a traditional controller.
- Got rid of friend codes.
- Improved third party support.
- Boosted the technical capabilities considerably. Wii U won't be as weak as Wii was in comparison to PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Established an account system that you will be able to access from other devices.
- Increased storage size from a mere 512 MB to 8 GB, or 32 GB in the premium version.
- Built a web browser that from the looks of it will be the best console-based browser yet.
Yeah those are good improvements if you only owned a wii as for the web browser 360 internet explorer is pretty good but their one problem with it, it use HTML5 so if the Wii-U uses HTML5 which it mostly will imo it will be useless.
#70GencoilPosted 11/9/2012 4:24:58 AM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Gencoil posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...

When you move the sword around it follows your hand, that's 1:1 or at least close enough. The combat itself doesn't need to be 1:1 because it would require too much precision from the player.
---