Peter Molyneux Interview. He needs to STFU.

#81IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/9/2012 9:38:29 AM
I find it funny how this board's fanboys had a post a couple months back about how everyone needs to respect Nintendo for their past creations, yet is now ragging on Molyneux when he had a HUGE impact on gaming as well.

Sad fanboys, guess nothing exists outside of console gaming for them.
#82andrea987Posted 11/9/2012 9:43:56 AM
lol, what is this, a troll convention? Ignores galore!
#83emagdnEPosted 11/9/2012 9:52:56 AM
*sees topic*

*reads page*

Iíll give you a great example of how tech should be used. Itís what Nintendo did with the Wii when it first came out. They introduced motion control. They were one of the first companies to introduce motion control and they had a fantastic Wii Sports Game.

gee, I wonder how many Nintendo fanboys didn't read this part and are going to bash him anyway, even though he basically praised Glorious Nintendo more than he insulted them.....

*reads topic*

hahahahaha..... you guys

There is no bigger pathetic fanboyish fanbase then the Nintendo fanbase.

agreed, they're even more defensive than republicans are at this point

and republicans are the guys accusing the other side of "voter suppression" when they themselves openly admitted to doing it!
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron
#84darkjedilinkPosted 11/9/2012 9:59:28 AM
emagdnE posted...
*sees topic*

*reads page*

Iíll give you a great example of how tech should be used. Itís what Nintendo did with the Wii when it first came out. They introduced motion control. They were one of the first companies to introduce motion control and they had a fantastic Wii Sports Game.

gee, I wonder how many Nintendo fanboys didn't read this part and are going to bash him anyway, even though he basically praised Glorious Nintendo more than he insulted them.....

*reads topic*

hahahahaha..... you guys

There is no bigger pathetic fanboyish fanbase then the Nintendo fanbase.

agreed, they're even more defensive than republicans are at this point

and republicans are the guys accusing the other side of "voter suppression" when they themselves openly admitted to doing it!

When you - or anyone - can cite a single reference to a Nintendo fanboy threatening murder or suicide over a Nintendo game being lost to another console, or just going multiplatform, you may have a point. Until then, STFU.

As for Democrat-sponsored voter suppression, do some research on the military vote.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/military-absentee-ballots-delivered-one-day-late-would-have-swung-election-for-romney/

Unless the President calls for a recount, nothing the Repubs have ever done is anywhere near as bad as this type of voter suppression.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#85Oni_TaedoPosted 11/9/2012 9:59:30 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I find it funny how this board's fanboys had a post a couple months back about how everyone needs to respect Nintendo for their past creations, yet is now ragging on Molyneux when he had a HUGE impact on gaming as well.

What did he contribute?
Not doubting he did contribute, but the first thing of his I played was The Movies, and then Fable.
Neither of which were good.
Didn't he also do a game called Black and White (no, not Pokemon)?

Not too sure.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#86xoftheuniversePosted 11/9/2012 10:04:36 AM
All aboard the Failboat.
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#87IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/9/2012 10:04:42 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

What did he contribute?
Not doubting he did contribute, but the first thing of his I played was The Movies, and then Fable.

Not too sure.

Molyneux created:

Populous (the first God Game)
Syndicate (Producer)
Theme Park (Direct inspiration for Rollercoaster Tycoon)
Magic Carpet
Dungeon Keeper
Black & White

Those are what I consider to be his "hits", all of which made a huge impact on the game industry.
#88cavebear56Posted 11/9/2012 10:05:31 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
What did he contribute?

Not too sure.

Syndicate
Dungeon Keeper
Populous

Really the only games by him I enjoyed. The rest were either filled with promises he didn't fulfill or just not well done.

Ya he also had the game Black & White, it was ok.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#89Virus66Posted 11/9/2012 10:52:31 AM
It's funny reading the IGN comments about that article. Everyone is rallying against him. Surprisingly a fair amount of people there are not Wii U haters. It's just Molyneux and his "holier-than-thou" attitude as usual.

And for not being convinced by touch screens... wasnt his Curiosity project a touch based app? Hmm...
---
PSN: JVir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#90GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/9/2012 11:02:43 AM
Anyone that had seen Spore before EA dumbed it down exponentially and ruined it wouldnt be able to hate on Peter. The guy has amazingly grand visions, its not his fault publishers want to limit them since its not profitable to make games so good you might not NEED another game for a long ass time.

A developers output potential is sadly in many cases greatly controlled and determined by the publisher, for their own financial interests.

The only thing Peters guilty of is talking his games potential up too much, before he knows what he'll actually be allowed to actually make. The guys still a visionary and has made some seriously iconic games.

Though i'm sure if Jesus himself landed on earth (implying he exists in this scenario) and had unkind words for the Wii U, the fanboys would find an angle to discredit him and demonize him.

Fanboys gonna fan, herpa derp derp derp just like always
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888