does anyone see this failing as a gaming console like the wii did?

#51PigfartsPosted 11/9/2012 6:07:42 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
and by that i mean nintendo hyped the hell out of the wii as a casual gaming device but they failed hard when it came to marketing it as a gaming console

sure there were some good games but the wii ran out of steam quicker than the 360 and ps3

once everyone got a wii they didn't have anything to hype anymore

There is a difference between fail and garbage, the wii is utter garbage, but it didn't fail in the least. It made a butt load of money.

The only reason to even get a wii is to play um...legally... backed up copies of the wii games =\, and a bunch of old NES SNES SEGA Gen, GBA games.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#52VGAddict90Posted 11/9/2012 6:19:45 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
GutzNRage posted...
I don't think the Wii U will have anywhere near the success of the Wii. The Wii wasn't a failure; not commercially. It sold like crazy.

Was it good? Some people think so.

I still see in the Wii U the same problems I had with the Wii. Nintendo keeps trying to tell people how we should play our console games. That's not how it should work.

They aren't telling anyone how they should play games. In fact, the WiiU has like 3 different control schemes so you can play anyway you like!

What do you mean 3 different control schemes?
#53blazeUP12Posted 11/9/2012 6:29:54 AM
Wii failed as a gaming console? It had some of the best platformers of the generation.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#54blazeUP12Posted 11/9/2012 6:37:06 AM
VGAddict90 posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
They aren't telling anyone how they should play games. In fact, the WiiU has like 3 different control schemes so you can play anyway you like!

What do you mean 3 different control schemes?

Gamepad, Pro controller, Wiimote, Sideways Wiimote, Wiimote + nunchuk, etc.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#55MarioMan847Posted 11/9/2012 6:40:12 AM
The Wii has Skyward Sword...

'Nuff said.
---
Video games are awesome.
#56AnclationPosted 11/9/2012 6:41:56 AM
I'd take the Wii over the most other Nintendo consoles any day, as far as "hardcore gaming consoles" go, its top exclusives were absolutely amazing and I'll be happy with the Wii U if it manages to equal or surpass the Wii in that regard.
#57Pawkie07Posted 11/9/2012 6:44:12 AM
wiiu gonna fail so hard. baddie system is bad.
#58PerfectAkumaPosted 11/9/2012 6:48:16 AM
Wii U is going to be successful. Will it be as successful as the Wii? Only time will tell!
---
My Streetpass ID http://passid.ca/ss929 StreetpassNYC Group http://facebook.com/streetpassnyc
#59godplaysSNESPosted 11/9/2012 6:48:34 AM
As a PC gamer primarily, I must say that Nintendo's consoles have the most appeal to me. Nintendo will always have their exclusives to draw me in with.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#60Rennik RepotsirPosted 11/9/2012 6:58:10 AM
I agree on the target audience Nintendo marketed towards. I saw more commercials for Wii Music than I did for Zelda:SS.

Although, I wouldn't go so far as saying it failed though. It satisfied me as a gamer, providing exceptional entertainment through their games. Also the price of admission made it easier to justify the amount of entertainment I had per game. I can't say the same for the PS3 and 360. Sure, there are games I enjoy on those systems; but compared to the Wii, the price for entertainment per game falls short.
---
FREE BUMP!!!
I bored; eat it...</post>