does anyone see this failing as a gaming console like the wii did?

#61JustThink1stPosted 11/9/2012 7:58:26 AM
TC, gonna agree that it seems this console is poised to fail discerning gamers. Not that the wii u will flop or be terrible, it just seems their business model has trended to sales numbers over quality or appeasing long time fans who want deep, artistic an amazing games. Just look at the facts of the wiis third party cents where any game got green lighted as opposed to Microsoft and Sony who screened games to assure they met certain standards. I haven't seen anything to suggest that will change. The new business model to get amazing exclusive games is to own or support a small company doing something great such as done with Media Molecule, Bungie, Insomniac ect. Nintentdo seems to believe it can personally carry the systems library (quick, best third party exclusive wii game!) which isn't fair to Nintendo supporters who deserve a wider selection of triple A titles.
---
"I'm not scared...I'm singing. My screaming song."
"You're a total wuss."
#62darkjedilinkPosted 11/9/2012 8:03:24 AM
JustThink1st posted...
TC, gonna agree that it seems this console is poised to fail discerning gamers. Not that the wii u will flop or be terrible, it just seems their business model has trended to sales numbers over quality or appeasing long time fans who want deep, artistic an amazing games. Just look at the facts of the wiis third party cents where any game got green lighted as opposed to Microsoft and Sony who screened games to assure they met certain standards. I haven't seen anything to suggest that will change. The new business model to get amazing exclusive games is to own or support a small company doing something great such as done with Media Molecule, Bungie, Insomniac ect. Nintentdo seems to believe it can personally carry the systems library (quick, best third party exclusive wii game!) which isn't fair to Nintendo supporters who deserve a wider selection of triple A titles.

You do know that MS and Sony not only screened to allow shovelware, but both blocked so-called "hardcore" games due to the way their screening system was put in place, right? You also know that these same companies value sales numbers over quality, too, right? I mean, how else can you explain both companies releasing consoles with failure rates hitting double-digits within three years of launch, while the Wii only has a failure rate of 3%?

Also, you imply that Nintendo gamers don't game on PC by stating that the gamers missed out on those games. We didn't miss out on those games. We just didn't play them on the Wii.

However, none of this has anything to do with the Wii U.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#63itis41269Posted 11/9/2012 8:31:53 AM
Nintendos main titles will keep the Wii U alive....
---
XCOM, Assassins Creed III
#64LinetrixPosted 11/9/2012 8:36:03 AM
Yes TC. You are right. The fact is that the Wii was the biggest failure in the history of consoles. It became a huge dust collector merely 2 years after launch.

That's what happens when you target a gaming device at non-gamers. Sure, there is a bigger market but your product is gonna die very, very early in its life.

The PS3 and the 360 are the big winners this gen. Tons and tons of great games still coming out six years after launch.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#65LinetrixPosted 11/9/2012 8:39:02 AM
itis41269 posted...

With the exception of Mario, Nintendo's IPs don't sell. Zelda, the second most successful Nintendo franchise, sells less than Uncharted, a franchise that Nintendo fanboys like to say is a failure at selling.

I don't think Mario alone can keep the Wii U alive. Hell, Mario alone didn't keep the Wii alive!
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#66Enigma149Posted 11/9/2012 8:40:15 AM
Linetrix, what is your opinion of people who prefer the Wii over the other consoles?
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#67itis41269Posted 11/9/2012 8:41:48 AM
Linetrix posted...
itis41269 posted...

With the exception of Mario, Nintendo's IPs don't sell. Zelda, the second most successful Nintendo franchise, sells less than Uncharted, a franchise that Nintendo fanboys like to say is a failure at selling.

I don't think Mario alone can keep the Wii U alive. Hell, Mario alone didn't keep the Wii alive!

well by alive i mean life support..... Wii U < beep....beep....beep....*PS4 XBOX 720 come out* Wii U< beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......
---
XCOM, Assassins Creed III
#68MegagunstarmanPosted 11/9/2012 8:41:56 AM
Hey NMB.

Do you still troll the UMVC3 board?
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#69LinetrixPosted 11/9/2012 8:44:28 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Linetrix, what is your opinion of people who prefer the Wii over the other consoles?

My opinion is that if they prefer shovelware over great titles, more power to them. No pun intended.
---
#70Enigma149Posted 11/9/2012 8:44:58 AM
Linetrix posted...
Enigma149 posted...

My opinion is that if they prefer shovelware over great titles, more power to them. No pun intended.

So, you're saying that the Wii had no great titles?
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey