does anyone see this failing as a gaming console like the wii did?

#71SalsaSavantPosted 11/9/2012 8:57:57 AM
mabber_III posted...
Seca Verins posted...
Only "hardcore gamers", AKA the type of neckbeards who think there's any distinction between "casual" and "core" gaming, actually think the Wii "failed". The Wii is easily the most prolific and successful gaming console since the PS1, maybe even since the NES. It didn't "fail" because you've arbitrarily decided you don't like that women and adults with jobs (two types of human beings you'd previously only heard of in legend) happen to also enjoy some games on that console.

Whew. I'm beginning to suspect that hearing this idiotic rhetoric about the Wii has left me an angry husk of a being.

I don't like those terms either, but the wii was a massive failure to me, because the motion controls didn't make the games any better, and in most cases made them worse, like in mario galaxy and dkcr

I think you might be in the minority here.
---
This is a sig.
People who agree: 10. People who Disagree:4
#72motosyko21Posted 11/9/2012 9:00:53 AM
Fail is such a strong word. It sold well. Enough that even the shovelware made enough to keep on coming.

I personally disliked it due to the motion controls and the wiimote. Seemed gimmicky to me, and the controls never really reacted as quickly as I would have liked.
#73HakaiVeilPosted 11/9/2012 9:32:53 AM
I've had the most collective fun on my Wii out of our current gen consoles.

So it didn't fail. Only blowhards think it failed.
#74CheatFreak47Posted 11/9/2012 9:34:24 AM
I didn't see the Wii as a failure- it just had a big problem with shovel-ware cluttering it's library. There were a lot of great Wii games. At least 25 great ones, with a handfull of 3rd Party ones filling the list. Examples include MadWorld, No More Heroes, The Conduit, Sonic Colors, Monster Hunter Tri, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story. The first party games were almost always great, too. So-- i don't have much to complain about.
---
Join My Nintendo Clan! http://tinyurl.com/nintyzone
I still play Brawl for fun. PM me with your FC if you wanna go a few rounds. 3DS: 5026-4841-9381
#75cavebear56Posted 11/9/2012 9:34:48 AM
Seca Verins posted...
Only "hardcore gamers", AKA the type of neckbeards who think there's any distinction between "casual" and "core" gaming, actually think the Wii "failed". The Wii is easily the most prolific and successful gaming console since the PS1, maybe even since the NES. It didn't "fail" because you've arbitrarily decided you don't like that women and adults with jobs (two types of human beings you'd previously only heard of in legend) happen to also enjoy some games on that console.

This.

So no.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#76LordBowserPosted 11/9/2012 9:51:47 AM
In my opinion, Seca, you are doing everything right. Save for one thing. You are being trolled by someone too stupid to comprehend what you are saying, much less logically argue or debate with you. That argument and discussion ended soon after it started, and then he resorted to personal attacks.

The best solution to dealing with stupid people is to not drag yourself down to their level. 9 times out of 10 (and I'm being generous with that estimate), I find that once someone resorts to personal attacks, they have run out of logical points to argue, and he was virtually doing it from the start.

Just ignore him, and hope you find someone intelligent enough to actually debate this with you, though on Gamefaqs, unfortunately, that is not likely.

You've made some of the most entertaining posts I've seen on Gamefaqs in a while, and honestly, I'd prefer you to keep going, because I'm enjoying this, but I thought I would post this anyways. I know you don't need my help, but the only thing you are accomplishing in this is entertaining people like me and offending ignorant people.

He will never concede to you, because like most of the entire world, people are simply too ignorant and prideful to admit they are even slightly wrong. To be fair, I don't entirely blame him as this would make him vulnerable, though I doubt you'd capitalize on it despite his personal attacks to you.

My two coins. Rarely do I see this kind of wit on the forums, and I wholly approve.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#77ChargrilledPosted 11/9/2012 10:08:59 AM
Wii sure sold a lot for a failed console
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#78vyseskiesPosted 11/9/2012 10:11:55 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
and by that i mean nintendo hyped the hell out of the wii as a casual gaming device but they failed hard when it came to marketing it as a gaming console

sure there were some good games but the wii ran out of steam quicker than the 360 and ps3

once everyone got a wii they didn't have anything to hype anymore

Yeah, i think the WiiU will failing as the Wii. Since the Wii sold around 100 Million worldwode units, i expect something a little better for the WiiU, around 160 Million units, which is a bit above of the DS and PS2 failure.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#79Vigeta11Posted 11/9/2012 10:17:42 AM
I actually think that anticipation plays a large part in how well any system does when it first comes out. The N64 and Gamecube were both amazing systems, so when the Wii was announced people must have beleived that this system would have to be much better than the prior. This holds true for each platform, the PS3 made a good portion of its sales due to the Blu-Ray player and how successful the PS2 was.. However as far as gaming itself, I feel it fell short. I think that once the hype of the Wii died down, it was not as good as anticipated. With that said, I don't think the Wii-U will sell as well as people claim.

Personally, I didn't like the Wii. It didn't have many titles that I really liked, at least not ones that I could not get on another platform. I also don't like the wii mote. I was excited to play the Star Wars Lightsaber game on the Wii, until I did and realized that the controls were like a toddler having a tantrum. I am willing to give the Wii-U a chance because I don't have to deal with the wii mote. I won't however be buying one until it has been out for awhile.
#80EarthViperPosted 11/9/2012 10:24:53 AM
Vigeta11 posted...
Personally, I didn't like the Wii. It didn't have many titles that I really liked, at least not ones that I could not get on another platform. I also don't like the wii mote. I was excited to play the Star Wars Lightsaber game on the Wii, until I did and realized that the controls were like a toddler having a tantrum. I am willing to give the Wii-U a chance because I don't have to deal with the wii mote. I won't however be buying one until it has been out for awhile.

I congratulate you on the rare talent to respectfully, tactfully and reasonably present a personal dissatisfaction with the Wii instead of resorting to the usual incoherent ranting, generalizing, exaggerating and ignorant spewing of hate-bile I usually see directed towards the system and anyone who dared enjoy it. An e-cookie for you sir/ma'am!
---
Clam shell plastic packaging is, in fact, my mortal enemy.