3 hours battery life ....

#11ChargrilledPosted 11/9/2012 9:39:12 AM
I foresee lots of battery mod packs to be available soon after release, just like there are for the 3ds.

5000mah ftw
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#12Oni_TaedoPosted 11/9/2012 9:49:48 AM
Am I the only person here who actually has better things to do than play video games for more than 5 straight hours?

3 hours of battery life, big deal.
Put down the controller once in a while, go learn a new language, or go play outside.
Outside has much better graphics than any game, not to mention the combat engine is superb, I tested it myself.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#13Virus66Posted 11/9/2012 9:52:29 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Am I the only person here who actually has better things to do than play video games for more than 5 straight hours?

3 hours of battery life, big deal.
Put down the controller once in a while, go learn a new language, or go play outside.
Outside has much better graphics than any game, not to mention the combat engine is superb, I tested it myself.

Aside from the "holier-than-thou' attitude you have, I agree. I rarely play for more than 3-5 hours. Not to mention how unhealthy it is to do that for long periods of time. Just whenever you are doing playing, throw it on the charger and you should never have a problem.
---
PSN: JVir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#14Rasputin77Posted 11/9/2012 9:53:50 AM(edited)

^ Calm down. If someone wants to play for more than 5 hours, it doesn't mean they "don't have anything better to do", and it doesn't mean they don't "go outside". Nice logic... you sound like my grandparents reacting to video games in the 90's.
---
Best POTD EVER: "I live with my parents" = 52.03%
"Let's talk about the trolls way more than they actually post." - Wii U board logic
#15EarthViperPosted 11/9/2012 10:01:28 AM
I don't have to time to play for more than 5 hours at once anymore either outside maybe a holiday but I can say there has been many times in my younger days when I did and I wouldn't have wanted the controller to cut out all of a sudden. When playing for so long chances are you're pretty engrossed so having the game suddenly stop on you would kind of suck. That said....there is the cord. I personally use a corded controller for the 360 anymore and the ultra short length of the PS3 cord often annoyed me so if the cord is in fact long then I'm a-ok.

So unless you are fortunate enough to be able to regularly play for 5+ hours AND are sitting a fair distance from the console then this shouldn't affect you. I guess with the whole 'no gamepads at retail' thing, as well as their high cost, makes backup a bit out of the question too.
---
Clam shell plastic packaging is, in fact, my mortal enemy.
#16raysnds1Posted 11/9/2012 10:04:50 AM(edited)
to the TC...yes the battery life leaves much to be desired....but the problem is...batteries are not catching up w/ technology. you have to remember the video display on this console is a power hungry monster....the vita has the same problem too....

technology is outpacing what current battery technology exists.. so the only solution currently to the problem is keep recharging, purchase a new battery design (that may or may not exist yet), or purchase a battery that is "thicker" but provides more life to charge.

the next economical boom...if you're an investor...is battery technology
#17FFXIgaiaknightPosted 11/9/2012 10:20:16 AM
my gaming chair has a wall outlet right next to it so im not worried about my gampad dying on me after 3-5hrs lol
---
Currently Playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)
3DS FC : 4124 - 5007 - 1536
#18IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/9/2012 10:21:57 AM
*Plugs in AC adapter*

*Continues playing*

*Sees no problem whatsoever*

I thought the allure of having a screen on the controller was "playing anywhere in the house"? Now it's "play anywhere in the house... for 3 hours, then you are chained to the wall like a bad dog".
#19Virus66Posted 11/9/2012 10:24:29 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
*Plugs in AC adapter*

*Continues playing*

*Sees no problem whatsoever*

I thought the allure of having a screen on the controller was "playing anywhere in the house"? Now it's "play anywhere in the house... for 3 hours, then you are chained to the wall like a bad dog".

dont be a no-lifer and play games literally all day.
---
PSN: JVir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#20vidalmorazaPosted 11/9/2012 10:26:04 AM
Is short battery life, I agree, but is been YEARS since I played any console more than 3 hours in a row, maybe in the N64 days, the day I got Ocarina of Time I played it all night....

And I see no problem because I have the 3DS and a Vita, and they both have similar battery life and I have never seen my 3DS or Vita with a low battery warning...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg