3 hours battery life ....

#41MelkacPosted 11/9/2012 10:34:42 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
*Plugs in AC adapter*

*Continues playing*

*Sees no problem whatsoever*

I thought the allure of having a screen on the controller was "playing anywhere in the house"? Now it's "play anywhere in the house... for 3 hours, then you are chained to the wall like a bad dog".

Eh, no it isn't? The 'play anywhere in the house' is a nice plus, but it's far from being something most of us will be doing for 3-5 hours.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhMT138BHo&feature=g-vrec
#42RainingMetalPosted 11/9/2012 10:41:34 AM
It's not like the other consoles have any non-connecting battery life anyway.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964001631
#43BeatItUpRightPosted 11/9/2012 10:44:04 AM
If.. it connects to the Wii U and charges via usb then it should be fine.

AC Adapter? then I consider that a big design flaw.
---
Intel Pentium Pro @155mhz - 2MB 3dfx Voodoo Graphics - 4x 16MB SIMM ram - 32k Modem - Windows 98
#44pbandjamesPosted 11/9/2012 10:50:23 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
*Plugs in AC adapter*

*Continues playing*

*Sees no problem whatsoever*

I thought the allure of having a screen on the controller was "playing anywhere in the house"? Now it's "play anywhere in the house... for 3 hours, then you are chained to the wall like a bad dog".

Chained to the wall? You're already tethered to the system, so that's just a terrible analogy.

You can still go wherever you want in the house, since homes have outlets in every regularly used room. Just plug it in when your controller needs to charge. Unless you enjoy pacing around the room like an OCD person, then maybe gaming isn't for you.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#45KillerKhan420Posted 11/9/2012 10:53:18 AM
To be young again and worrying about battery life when I have no life.

At most on my days off I play a little over an hour
---
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1
#46aether17Posted 11/9/2012 10:58:32 AM
Let's just ignore the trolls....

Anyway, 3-5 hours is fine. There's an outlet behind my couch, and to the side of the couch. You can play anywhere you want within range, and if you so happen to need to charge it, i'm sure the room you go to has an outlet. It's not like you're gonna be playing while walking around your house. Just have the charger near you at all times wherever you are! ;) ...........problem?
#47MotoidarPosted 11/9/2012 11:26:33 AM
Oh look, more excuses for failure from the Nintendo fanboys. Reminds me of the Obama fanboys.
---
QX9650@3.6GHz | EVGA GTX 580 | 8GB DDR2 | X-fi XtremeGamer 5.1 | 27" 3D LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
#48DeviousLightPosted 11/9/2012 11:28:24 AM
Motoidar posted...
Oh look, more excuses for failure from the Nintendo fanboys. Reminds me of the Obama fanboys.

Lol you just had to bring up Obama. Here you go http://i.imgur.com/Jp3aH.gif
---
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.
#49IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/9/2012 11:32:40 AM
My God Nintendo fanboys are insane.

I'm getting a WiiU and I PROBABLY won't play more than 3 hours straight, however, I'm sure we can all admit that it SUCKS. Make fun of people who play such long hours; claim YOU don't need such a long battery-life; make excuses all you want--3-5 hours of battery life sucks.

Just because you like something doesn't mean you have to like EVERYTHING about it...

They made the same excuses for the 3DS and it's abysmal battery life. They will attempt to spin anything negative for Nintendo.
#50RPG maniac87Posted 11/9/2012 11:44:47 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Am I the only person here who actually has better things to do than play video games for more than 5 straight hours?

Why play video games at all if you have better things to do?
I always spend my leisure time with the best things I have to do.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)