What will be your total purchases?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What will be your total purchases?
3 years ago#31
Damn, I keep seeing all this high taxes (8-13%) in other states. I guess I never realized how low Michigan's taxes were compared to others.
---
PSN: JVir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
3 years ago#32
Yeah our tax in MO is at 8.6% its pretty atrocious.
---
Miss the old days on this site.
3 years ago#33
Virus66 posted...
Wii U Deluxe- 349.99
+ ZombiU- 59.99
-------------------------
x 1.06 for MI sales tax
$434.58

I only have 450 to spare for launch so I'll get NSMBU the following week

Sucks for you my sales tax is 0.875 or 0.975, can't remember which.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
(edited by Keyeszx)
3 years ago#34
Keyeszx posted...
Virus66 posted...
Wii U Deluxe- 349.99
+ ZombiU- 59.99
x 1.06 for MI sales tax
$434.58

I only have 450 to spare for launch so I'll get NSMBU the following week

Sucks for you my sales tax is 0.875 or 975, can't remember which.

Having a tax less that 1.00 would imply that the state would OWE you money when you bought something. It's just a 6% sales tax or .06

You add 1 to it in the equation to tack the sales tax onto the existing number. Pretty basic math.
---
(edited by Virus66)
3 years ago#35
lol, I just made an ass of myself. I was using the numbers I use to calculate since for whatever reason it gets a weird number when I try to do xx.xx * 8.75% so I always use 0.875 which is the decimal equivalent. So I should correct myself and say you lucky bastard.

Also it would have to be tax less than 0 not 1 because there are still the decimal places.
---
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
3 years ago#36
Keyeszx posted...
lol, I just made an ass of myself. I was using the numbers I use to calculate since for whatever reason it gets a weird number when I try to do xx.xx * 8.75% so I always use 0.875 which is the decimal equivalent. So I should correct myself and say you lucky bastard.

Also it would have to be tax less than 0 not 1 because there are still the decimal places.

Yes,but the way I was calculating it, my statement is still correct. If you had a number less than 1.00 but greater than 0 and multiplied it by the total amount owed, the result would be less than the original number, hence why the state would OWE you money.

Example: 100 dollar purchase with 5% sales tax.

x 0.05 (sales tax)

Total= 105.00

The way I calculated it takes that last addition step out and factors it straight into the original equation.

x 1.05 (sales tax decimal plus 1)

no additional steps
In my equation, if there was a number less than 1, it would mean that there is a negative tax
---
(edited by Virus66)
3 years ago#37
Wii U Premium 399

Games 0 :(

I just don't see any launch games I like, I want a Wii U so have pre-ordered it already but seriously the launch games suck, why no RPG? :(
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, Dishonoured, Borderlands 2, F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Far Cry 3, Dragon Age 3
3 years ago#38
I calculate the first way.
---
3 years ago#39
Wii U Deluxe - $355
NSMBU - $48
Blops 2 - $48
Creed 3 - $48
Pro Controller - $38

Total = $537 Out the door so far. I may grab Sonic Racing when I pick up my system, I haven't decided.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
(edited by Pendragoon)
3 years ago#40
stinkmeaner23 posted...
wii u deluxe (350.00)
pro controller (49.99)
zombiu (60.00)
nba2k13 (60.00)
ac3 (60.00)
darksiders 2 (60.00)
sonic allstar racing (40.00)
60 inch samsung led 3-d smart tv (1600.00)
1 ter hdd (90.00)
famicom pro controller (34.99)

my wallet is beyond empty lol

Hello, moneybags.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What will be your total purchases?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived