Folks must be pretty naive....

#1GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/9/2012 4:09:13 PM
>Nintendo and every store crying 'Sold out!! Sold out!! Waiting lists!!'
>Meanwhile assloads of Wii U commercials with the Nov 18th date on the screen, both on TV and online

I have some bad news guys, they aren't gonna be sold out on launch day, and in fact people will be able to walk in and buy one without a pre order. Nintendos greedy as balls and they wouldn't be blatantly wasting money blasting the ads with the launch date on the screen if there weren't going to be a generous amount of loose units on hand allocated at stores for people to walk in and just buy.

Hope the folks that got multiple pre orders to greed other people have fun returning them, you're probably not gonna have much luck scalping them
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#2StickMen1090Posted 11/9/2012 4:10:44 PM
people line up and thats pretty much it for the launch day what happens after idk cause i dont look for one after launch i get one on launch day
#3NyyarkPosted 11/9/2012 4:11:59 PM
They were pretty harshly criticized during the wii launch period (like launch +6 months) for continuing to run ads after they were sold old. I'd like to agree they've learned from the past.
#4derekfishbowlPosted 11/9/2012 4:13:01 PM
I hope this is a joke topic. While I'm sure the WiiU won't be as scarce as the Wii was, there is no way you'll just be able to stroll into a store on launch day and pick one up. It will be pretty tough to find one before Christmas.
---
Sony's E3 2013 megaton (courtesy of Megaman Omega):
http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=350248936_strengthmitten_122_82lo.jpg
#5lionheart5656Posted 11/9/2012 4:14:53 PM
You have no idea how business works and seeing as you are always completely set on whatever you think the answer is, I'm not going to bother trying to convince you otherwise.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#6GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 4:40:46 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
You have no idea how business works and seeing as you are always completely set on whatever you think the answer is, I'm not going to bother trying to convince you otherwise.

Like another poster just said, they received alot of negative backlash from consumers with the Wii launch, running ads when they were well sold out for long periods. It would be pretty dumb to repeat that error. Most people that walk into a store to bang out their holiday shopping, depending on it being there because its being advertised, if its not there and they get stiffed after they already traveled out to the store, they're going to be pissed. And that's when people get childish and vindictive. "I'll just get billy a ps3 instead, **** Nintendo I cant believe they are advertising something that's sold out!! The nerve!!"

You may not have worked with the general public, but I have, and in many different facets and different types of stores. Game stores, clothing, food. And they're all the same. Full of themselves, set on what they wanted when they came in, and if they cant have it, they throw a 2 year olds tantrum, and if that doesnt get them what they want because its physically impossible, they go for the spite shot. They're gonna spite someone, and in this case, they would buy something else to 'screw nintendo out of a sale, they just lost a customer HMMPPH!!'

Believe me, its a really ****ty idea to be constantly running ads with the launch date IN the ads if you arent gonna have a healthy supply on hand for walk ins. Its a great way to do some PR suicide. I do know how business works, because I had to manage a dept and every job is the same when it comes to not pissing off customers and doing everything to make new ones, hold onto them, and keep them happy. Advertising something you know isn't gonna be in stock, when you know WELL in advance it wont be in stock, is a HUGE no no. Its a no contest, and it goes without saying.

This time the Wii U is the most expensive holiday offering, whereas the Wii was the cheapest. If Nintendo doesnt have product for walk ins that see the commercials, they're gonna have lots of cheaper alternatives to snap up instead. THAT, would be a very poor business move.

So either Nintendo is completely and utterly braindead, or the fanboys are ultra naive and bought into a hype train to sell as many pre orders as possible, and there really will be a good amount extra on hand for walk ins. I'm fine with either scenario lol
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#7AhnoldDoodPosted 11/9/2012 4:43:01 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
This time the Wii U is the most expensive holiday offering

Compared to what? Consoles made 6 years ago who very obviously lowered their price?

I guess the 360 was destined to fail when it was $300 and the only next-gen console to be around when it launched!

They're making freaking losses with the price they have NOW, dropping the price even lower to compete with consoles nearly everyone already OWNS is the dumbest thing I've ever heard!
#8Mr_Golden_SunPosted 11/9/2012 4:47:56 PM
The preorder and waiting list people are buying no matter what. As far as everyone else, the ads are for them. The idea is probably to get them with the ads and hopefully supply the retailers with a decent supply of units during the holiday shopping season.
---
R.I.P. Captain Yamamoto
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/miroku316/IMAG0045.jpg
#9GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 4:58:28 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
This time the Wii U is the most expensive holiday offering

Compared to what? Consoles made 6 years ago who very obviously lowered their price?

You say that like the Wii itself when it launched wasnt dated as hell. And how did the Wii sell? Sony and MS have the price advantage this holiday, and if Nintendos hype train is to be believed on their supply chain, Sony and MS will also have the advantage on having more units in stock for anyone to walk in and buy. We already saw from the Wii that alot of people are just too dumb to distinguish graphics and buy the best buy, best bang for the buck etc. And PS3 and 360 will be getting GTA5, thats a big draw point. They arent outdated in most consumers minds, they're still getting AAA top shelf games that Nintendo still can't get it together and secure.

I guess we'll see?
---
Guardian Gamer X
#10PendragoonPosted 11/9/2012 4:58:35 PM
The idea is to get everyone wanting it to make sure people are always pestering stores for more units, thus keeping demand high and units selling well as they are shipped. In other words, the exact same thing they did with the Wii.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709