Folks must be pretty naive....

#11AhnoldDoodPosted 11/9/2012 6:03:12 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
This time the Wii U is the most expensive holiday offering

Compared to what? Consoles made 6 years ago who very obviously lowered their price?

You say that like the Wii itself when it launched wasnt dated as hell.

THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

There's a difference between a "dated" console, and consoles that have been OUT FOR MORE THAN HALF A DECADE.
#12BurgerTime79Posted 11/9/2012 6:08:16 PM
So either Nintendo is completely and utterly braindead, or the fanboys are ultra naive and bought into a hype train to sell as many pre orders as possible, and there really will be a good amount extra on hand for walk ins. I'm fine with either scenario lol

Or you're just being rude and throwing blame on everyone and anything you can in order to have something legitimate in your head to complain about. The fact that you feel the need to single out "fanboys" is grasping at straws alone. Just like everyone else who finds someone with a positive view going against their negative one.
You talked about the spite shot, and it's not just consumers that pull it. It's a typical sour grapes troll tactic as well.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#1340DribylfPosted 11/9/2012 6:09:39 PM
I hope this is a joke topic. While I'm sure the WiiU won't be as scarce as the Wii was, there is no way you'll just be able to stroll into a store on launch day and pick one up. It will be pretty tough to find one before Christmas.

I did it with the Wii, I walked into a Gamestop on launch day and bought one without a pre-order

I'm gonna do the same with the Wii U
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#14HungoverHero777Posted 11/9/2012 6:10:39 PM
Well, I guess we'll find out on Nov. 18, won't we?
---
http://www.otakufreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/nintendo-cycle.png
Conduit 2 FC: 3954-7429-9873 IlThe AR-C Expert II
#15BurgerTime79Posted 11/9/2012 6:12:55 PM
40Dribylf posted...
I hope this is a joke topic. While I'm sure the WiiU won't be as scarce as the Wii was, there is no way you'll just be able to stroll into a store on launch day and pick one up. It will be pretty tough to find one before Christmas.

I did it with the Wii, I walked into a Gamestop on launch day and bought one without a pre-order

I'm gonna do the same with the Wii U

That wasn't the case for a lot of areas. In many cases if you weren't at a store right when they opened, happened to be there when the systems came in, or waited in line, you couldn't get one.

But I know there will be at least one person who walks in, is able to buy the system, then comes on here to bash the people who pre-ordered or said they could sell out. Because they apparently think that they're corner of the world is the same as everywhere else.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#16JKatarnPosted 11/9/2012 6:15:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#1740DribylfPosted 11/9/2012 6:17:06 PM
That wasn't the case for a lot of areas. In many cases if you weren't at a store right when they opened, happened to be there when the systems came in, or waited in line, you couldn't get one.

But I know there will be at least one person who walks in, is able to buy the system, then comes on here to bash the people who pre-ordered or said they could sell out. Because they apparently think that they're corner of the world is the same as everywhere else.

I live in Chicago, man.

You're right, hell, when the Wii launched, the Best Buy near my house had lines the wrapped around the store, same with the Wal-Mart out in the suburbs.

Luckily I live in an "urban" area, so there isn't a demand for the Wii U at all near here. Dudes are looking forward to the PS4, haha.

So it all comes down to wjere you live.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#18Reznik00Posted 11/9/2012 6:20:05 PM
You really think that for their new console they won't market it??? Regardless of whether or not it's "sold out" they still need commercials for it.
---
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!
#19TheFlamingCPosted 11/9/2012 6:21:19 PM
They spammed Wii commercials, and you had a hard time finding a Wii until halfway through 2007.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#20GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 6:22:18 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
So either Nintendo is completely and utterly braindead, or the fanboys are ultra naive and bought into a hype train to sell as many pre orders as possible, and there really will be a good amount extra on hand for walk ins. I'm fine with either scenario lol

Or you're just being rude and throwing blame on everyone and anything you can in order to have something legitimate in your head to complain about. The fact that you feel the need to single out "fanboys" is grasping at straws alone. Just like everyone else who finds someone with a positive view going against their negative one.
You talked about the spite shot, and it's not just consumers that pull it. It's a typical sour grapes troll tactic as well.

I definitely dont have any sour grapes lol, I made the topic to give an observation. The observation that with all this ad bombardment, it would be a terrible business move to not have available product if you're going to spend money advertising it so much.

I'm pretty certain Nintendo is, or i would hope is, smart enough to not give away sales to the much lower priced competition. The kids that are gonna see the commercials as their first glimpse at the Wii U are gonna want something to open on christmas DAY, not a month later or some jazz. Kids especially around the holidays are all about immediate gratification, if the Wii U is sold out they'll just get their parents to buy something else with that money. Nintendo really can't play the same supply game they did with the Wii this time, this time around the scenarios different and it would only lose them sales to the competition. Hopefully they arent complete morons and they make sure theres a good amount of loose units for walk ins or its just gonna be lost sale after lost sale.

Last time people were willing to wait, for the magical motion control system that was so much cheaper than the much much higher priced competition. This time, its Nintendo thats at a price disadvantage. If they think potential sales are gonna just sit around on their hands and wait this time, they're sorely mistaken. I would think anyone with common sense could realize that. The diehard fans will, sure. But those people already have pre orders so they dont even factor into this situation.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie