Who else is happy that the Wii U is coming out so soon?

#11Omega_BlackPosted 11/10/2012 3:15:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12Xtreme-VoidPosted 11/10/2012 3:19:05 AM
Omega_Black posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
true
no need to waste money on this, something better is coming

Yeah, you're right. That something being the PC. Wait, it's already here! lol

and no region lock for us who like freedom

Region locking will always be up to the publisher [on those consoles].
Even the PS3 will get its first region locked game in Persona 4 Arena.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/06/atlus-explains-persona-4-arenas-region-lock-expresses-surprise/
Additionally, the competition has absolutely no problem region locking their online store content and save data files nor does it actually care about publishers locking down their games so lol at the "freedom" claim.

you're absolutely didn't care about your surrounding right?

every Wii U games will be region locked.
#13Omega_BlackPosted 11/10/2012 3:19:11 AM
RetroFanGirl posted...
No, it isn't always up to publisher... There's a reason there's 1 region locked PS3 game and like none region free for the Wii.

Edited the message for further clarity, even though I figured my original statement was clear enough.
That said, there really is no "freedom" since even the competition are beholden to the whims of the publishers and online stores, DLC and save data still clearly have region locking in effect.
lol It's just funny how when Nintendo does it it's bad but when other companies do it, it's no big deal.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#14Xtreme-VoidPosted 11/10/2012 3:22:36 AM
Omega_Black posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...
No, it isn't always up to publisher... There's a reason there's 1 region locked PS3 game and like none region free for the Wii.

Edited the message for further clarity, even though I figured my original statement was clear enough.
That said, there really is no "freedom" since even the competition are beholden to the whims of the publishers and online stores, DLC and save data still clearly have region locking in effect.
lol It's just funny how when Nintendo does it it's bad but when other companies do it, it's no big deal.

seriously this guy didn't even have a clue

I give up
#15Omega_BlackPosted 11/10/2012 3:25:02 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...

What?

Yeah, I know. And it sucks.
However, it's certainly not a reason to act like the competition is giving consumers so much "freedom" when they make no fuss about publishers region locking games. Hell, they do it too, just in a different fashion.
You can certainly bet if gaming goes all digital download, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft will have no problem region locking games on their stores, like they're already doing with DLC content and save data.
---
#16Omega_BlackPosted 11/10/2012 3:26:59 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...

I give up

lol It's because you have no real argument.
---
#17Xtreme-VoidPosted 11/10/2012 3:37:18 AM(edited)
Omega_Black posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...

What?

Yeah, I know. And it sucks.
However, it's certainly not a reason to act like the competition is giving consumers so much "freedom" when they make no fuss about publishers region locking games. Hell, they do it too, just in a different fashion.
You can certainly bet if gaming goes all digital download, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft will have no problem region locking games on their stores, like they're already doing with DLC content and save data.

PS3 and XBOX 360 give freedom to developers and gamers about region locking their games, in return developers respect us by not region locked their games, and in return gamers keep buying games from that system.

that is a circle of trust. rather than a circle of greed.

Nintendo region locked their games to prevent abuse of price, and to cut loss. Developers region locked their games to maximize their profit, gamers wait for the nintendo to cut price and hack their system if possible.
believe me a greater percentage of this day 3DS, hacked to play DS games. and nintendo do nothing about it.

gaming won't goes all digital download, you can believe me.

so choose one : "ally" or "betray"
#18Xtreme-VoidPosted 11/10/2012 3:36:26 AM
Omega_Black posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...

I give up

lol It's because you have no real argument.

no... that is because you are a blind nintendrones fanboys. that like to be spitted on on the face by nintendo
#19DeathSoul2000Posted 11/10/2012 3:38:17 AM
i wish it would've came out in september or october. i'm ****ing sick of near-xmas launches for consoles, even if it is for the benefit of the company.
#20Omega_BlackPosted 11/10/2012 3:51:24 AM
PS3 and XBOX 360 give freedom to developers and gamers about region locking their games in return developers respect us by not region locked their games...
Except Atlus
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/06/atlus-explains-persona-4-arenas-region-lock-expresses-surprise/
And a list of games on 360
http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

and in return gamers keep buying games from that system.
General consumers typically don't care about importing games or even research for potentially lower prices or early releases in different regions.
They wait for the game to come out where they live, then they buy it new, used, or discounted six months to a year later.

that is a circle of trust. rather than a circle of greed.
Tell that to the competition and how they region lock their online stores.
Or Atlus and Persona 4 Arena.
Or the 360 games that are region locked.

Nintendo region locked their games to prevent abuse of price, and to cut loss.
Nope!
They do it to MAXIMIZE profit in each region, in addition to censoring efforts and supply/demand considerations. Same reasons any other publishers do it.

gaming won't goes all digital download, you can believe me.
Maybe not next generation or even the next but it certainly will happen eventually.
It's futile to deny the inevitable.

so choose once : "ally" or "betray"
I choose "common sense" lol.
---