Gamers today are too spoiled!

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 5:46:11 AM
That's not spoiled at all. There's more publishers who want your money. You have every right to be picky in which ones get it.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#22Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 5:50:21 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
That's not spoiled at all. There's more publishers who want your money. You have every right to be picky in which ones get it.

Not saying people shouldn't choose carefully. Just that there are far more quality games being released now, for cheaper than ever. I'd love to see peoples reaction if they had to pay $80 for the new Street Fighter like I had to for Killer Instinct 15 years ago lol. People should be thankful, but they are not cause they are spoiled. :)
#23DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 5:51:40 AM
At that time, Killer Instinct was a much more substantial relative entertainment product than the new Street Fighter.
---
#24Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 5:53:15 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
At that time, Killer Instinct was a much more substantial relative entertainment product than the new Street Fighter.

I suppose you will say Superman 64 was more substantial too? lol
#25DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 5:55:17 AM
I suppose you're going to pretend superman 64 was as well received as SF4?
---
#26TrueBlue91Posted 11/10/2012 5:58:32 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Not saying people shouldn't choose carefully. Just that there are far more quality games being released now, for cheaper than ever.

So? Once upon a time, a simple black and white TV was super expensive. It's not spoilt to expect a modern TV to be affordable, yet they are SO much better.

You seem to just be jealous that standards have gone up (which they always do)
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#27GLDanzegoPosted 11/10/2012 6:00:42 AM
You must be new around these parts. Here, hold on a second.

*grabs name tag and paper hat*

Welcome to the Internet!

Seriously, if the complaining is overwhelming you to the point that you start this long winded rant about people's rants (please pause now to note the irony......ok......continue), then perhaps you need to peel yourself off the computer and just go enjoy your games. You'll be much, much happier; I promise.

-----
#28kjellboyPosted 11/10/2012 6:02:51 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Depends on if the game is garbage or not.

That makes no sense.

Anyways I can't believe I forgot the main thing that makes people spoiled today. Complaining about game prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Games cost the same today as they did 25 years ago. I think that's a wonderful thing. Yet now when a game comes out, especially for download, there is tons of whining about the price. I've seen tons of great games come out on the eshop for $7.99 and people will say "BLAH, this game should be $5.99." Good lord that gets annoying. Do you realize how much I would of loved all these $5 download games and amazing retail games that drop to $30 after six months back when I was growing up? Are peoples memories that short. Prices are awesome now.

It makes perfect sense. "Gamers today" aren't spoiled. You're just a pretentious jerk.

Gamers today ARE spoiled. It is one thing to have an opinion, but most seems to complain over the price. If they can't afford it, they have to either think about their economy or start save up for what they want. The price is not an issue, but rather they do not want to buy new games not certain about if they get their moneys worth or no. Or they should stop being so damn picky.

Just take for example Playstation Vita and Nintendo 3DS. Both did have the same price when both got released. People complained allot. Doesn't people realize it cost money to have people employed to develop new things? There's more than what meats the eye concerning console and games development. It does cost alot.

All this brings me to iPhone and smartphones in general. iPhones cost way more than what it is worth, yet few complains. But if Samsung or other companies releases a smartphone at the same price, oh no.. Hell on earth. <- Not a fact, but just to put things in another context.

So, long story short, people will rather get their games for free instead of paying the full price for it. Sure, the parts used in consoles alone isn't that expensive, and coding and create 3D-models for games is sort of free. But in the end, it cost money. Energy bills, paying the workers/designers/coders etc and allot more. Things isn't free to develop, so it wont be free for people to buy.

And as pointed out: The prices for games is more or less the same as for, lets say 18 years ago.
---
(Steam: lordkjellboy)(PSN: KingKjellboy)(Xfire: kjellboy)(Gamertag: Lord Kjellboy)
#29kingjam1Posted 11/10/2012 6:05:38 AM
Companies are damned if they do and damned if they don't. People will complain regardless.
---
Can't think of anything
#30Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 6:06:32 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Not saying people shouldn't choose carefully. Just that there are far more quality games being released now, for cheaper than ever.

So? Once upon a time, a simple black and white TV was super expensive. It's not spoilt to expect a modern TV to be affordable, yet they are SO much better.

You seem to just be jealous that standards have gone up (which they always do)

I'm jealous that standards have gone up? What other people think really doesn't matter, i was just stating my observations. I will continue to do my own thing and buy what I want to buy regardless of what any of the rude people on the internet have to say. Just discussing what I think is very spoiled behavior. And it seems like I'm striking a nerve with a lot of these spoiled people lol.