Gamers today are too spoiled!

#31Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 5:10:39 AM
kjellboy posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Depends on if the game is garbage or not.

That makes no sense.

Anyways I can't believe I forgot the main thing that makes people spoiled today. Complaining about game prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Games cost the same today as they did 25 years ago. I think that's a wonderful thing. Yet now when a game comes out, especially for download, there is tons of whining about the price. I've seen tons of great games come out on the eshop for $7.99 and people will say "BLAH, this game should be $5.99." Good lord that gets annoying. Do you realize how much I would of loved all these $5 download games and amazing retail games that drop to $30 after six months back when I was growing up? Are peoples memories that short. Prices are awesome now.

It makes perfect sense. "Gamers today" aren't spoiled. You're just a pretentious jerk.

Gamers today ARE spoiled. It is one thing to have an opinion, but most seems to complain over the price. If they can't afford it, they have to either think about their economy or start save up for what they want. The price is not an issue, but rather they do not want to buy new games not certain about if they get their moneys worth or no. Or they should stop being so damn picky.

Just take for example Playstation Vita and Nintendo 3DS. Both did have the same price when both got released. People complained allot. Doesn't people realize it cost money to have people employed to develop new things? There's more than what meats the eye concerning console and games development. It does cost alot.

All this brings me to iPhone and smartphones in general. iPhones cost way more than what it is worth, yet few complains. But if Samsung or other companies releases a smartphone at the same price, oh no.. Hell on earth. <- Not a fact, but just to put things in another context.

So, long story short, people will rather get their games for free instead of paying the full price for it. Sure, the parts used in consoles alone isn't that expensive, and coding and create 3D-models for games is sort of free. But in the end, it cost money. Energy bills, paying the workers/designers/coders etc and allot more. Things isn't free to develop, so it wont be free for people to buy.

And as pointed out: The prices for games is more or less the same as for, lets say 18 years ago.

Well said.

Game companies aren't helping themselves either. Max Payne 3 is freakin $15 black friday. That game is just a few months old. While it's great that it's so cheap and affordable, they are training people to expect this with every game. Game sales will continue to fall as people refuse to pay the "outrageous" asking price of $50-$60. And companies will continue to go belly up.
#32DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 5:13:13 AM
And people are allowed to complain that they don't feel that a product presents a solid value for them. In both cases, that was the problem. 3DS and Vita were not compelling consoles, much less for the price.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#33roladpfPosted 11/10/2012 5:20:38 AM
People complain about DLC content not arriving the first few weeks after the game ...
ugh, it's ridiculous. Before DLC there were expansion packs and people were happy.
So I completely agree with topic.

Games come out today, people get tired of it, buy new game next day or whatever... Possibly because games are turning into 'fast gaming', much like how clothing today is disposable and 'fast fashion'? It's all about the instant gratification.
#34Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 5:22:31 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
And people are allowed to complain that they don't feel that a product presents a solid value for them. In both cases, that was the problem. 3DS and Vita were not compelling consoles, much less for the price.

The only reason they don't think they were a solid value is cause they don't get a bunch of free games with them. 3DS has as strong a library as anyone can reasonably expect a console to have after only being out for a year and a half. Even when they get free games they complain (cough*ambassador whiners* cough). I'm glad the price dropped when it did. It could of dropped now and no one would bat an eye and the original buyers would of got nothing. Since it dropped early, I got 21 games for no reason at all! Guess I'm a glass full guy while you're half empty.
#35DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 5:23:01 AM
roladpf posted...
People complain about DLC content not arriving the first few weeks after the game ...
ugh, it's ridiculous. Before DLC there were expansion packs and people were happy.

Games come out today, people get tired of it, buy new game next day or whatever... Possibly because games are turning into 'fast gaming', much like how clothing today is disposable and 'fast fashion'? It's all about the instant gratification.

People complain about DLC not being read on launch?
Last I checked, people complained about launch DLC.

Expansion packs were actually substantial products. DLC is the kind of thing we used to get for free.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#36Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 5:23:37 AM
roladpf posted...

Then when they do get DLC fast they complain that it should of been on the disc lol. You can't win anymore.
#37IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/10/2012 5:27:01 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
The N64 had long droughts because it wasn't a popular console, the PS1 did not have those long droughts inbetween games.

Just because the N64 got outsold doesn't mean it wasn't a popular console. Dumb.

People complaining about games costing the same now as they did 25 years ago, and complaining there aren't enough games when there are more games than ever....that seems spoiled to me. Even if I am a pretentious jerk lol.

The console was not popular, there were only 587 titles released onto the console, 84 of which were Japan exclusives and 4 exclusive to Europe, so only 499 games were released in America, this is because it wasn't popular enough for developers to dedicate time to it. Thus there were droughts... not hard to understand lol.

For comparison: PS1 had a library of 2,418 games.
#38Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 5:33:16 AM
The N64 had long droughts because it wasn't a popular console, the PS1 did not have those long droughts inbetween games.

Just because the N64 got outsold doesn't mean it wasn't a popular console. Dumb.

People complaining about games costing the same now as they did 25 years ago, and complaining there aren't enough games when there are more games than ever....that seems spoiled to me. Even if I am a pretentious jerk lol.

The console was not popular, there were only 587 titles released onto the console, 84 of which were Japan exclusives and 4 exclusive to Europe, so only 499 games were released in America, this is because it wasn't popular enough for developers to dedicate time to it. Thus there were droughts... not hard to understand lol.

For comparison: PS1 had a library of 2,418 games.

N64 was expensive to develop games for which led to less games. Had nothing to do with popularity. PS1 sold much better, not arguing that, and was much cheaper to develop games for. It actually only sold 2 million less than the Super Nintendo did in North America. It was very successful here, just not as much in Japan. Same as the 360 which I don't think anyone would call unpopular lol.
#39IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/10/2012 5:38:49 AM
It was unpopular relatively when compared to the PS1, which was also cheaper to develop for, cheaper to produce games on, and was all around a better console to own. This led to more games on the PS1 and less games on the N64, thus the droughts.

So yes, it being "less popular" was a factor in why the N64 failed.
#40Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 5:44:58 AM
It was unpopular relatively when compared to the PS1, which was also cheaper to develop for, cheaper to produce games on, and was all around a better console to own. This led to more games on the PS1 and less games on the N64, thus the droughts.

So yes, it being "less popular" was a factor in why the N64 failed.

Failed is the wrong term. not as popular as the insanely popular PS1 does not equal failing. The lack of games was due to cartridges being expensive, not due to lack of sales. Still, I had no problem waiting a few months for the next good game back then. I can't imagine a system doing that today without everyone online having a stroke.