Gamers today are too spoiled!

#41Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 6:48:47 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
It was unpopular relatively when compared to the PS1, which was also cheaper to develop for, cheaper to produce games on, and was all around a better console to own. This led to more games on the PS1 and less games on the N64, thus the droughts.

So yes, it being "less popular" was a factor in why the N64 failed.

Not that I haven't proved you wrong enough already, but he N64 sold 5-10 million more consoles than the Genesis and the original Xbox. Do you think those consoles were failures?
#42IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/10/2012 6:50:23 AM
It was unpopular relatively when compared to the PS1, which was also cheaper to develop for, cheaper to produce games on, and was all around a better console to own. This led to more games on the PS1 and less games on the N64, thus the droughts.

Not that I haven't proved you wrong enough already, but he N64 sold 5-10 million more consoles than the Genesis and the original Xbox. Do you think those consoles were failures?

I think you failed to notice the word relatively, as in it failed compared to it's closest competitor the PS1.

It's clear that you are simply a troll though, so I'm done responding to you.
#43ThatPersonGuyPosted 11/10/2012 6:51:10 AM
The N64 had long droughts because it wasn't a popular console, the PS1 did not have those long droughts inbetween games.

Just because the N64 got outsold doesn't mean it wasn't a popular console. Dumb.

People complaining about games costing the same now as they did 25 years ago, and complaining there aren't enough games when there are more games than ever....that seems spoiled to me. Even if I am a pretentious jerk lol.

The console was not popular, there were only 587 titles released onto the console, 84 of which were Japan exclusives and 4 exclusive to Europe, so only 499 games were released in America, this is because it wasn't popular enough for developers to dedicate time to it. Thus there were droughts... not hard to understand lol.

For comparison: PS1 had a library of 2,418 games.

Library size =/= Popularity. Some people were content with 3-4 games. Even then, there's no garentee that all of those 2,418 games were top quality.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#44IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/10/2012 6:52:15 AM
The N64 had long droughts because it wasn't a popular console, the PS1 did not have those long droughts inbetween games.

Just because the N64 got outsold doesn't mean it wasn't a popular console. Dumb.

People complaining about games costing the same now as they did 25 years ago, and complaining there aren't enough games when there are more games than ever....that seems spoiled to me. Even if I am a pretentious jerk lol.

The console was not popular, there were only 587 titles released onto the console, 84 of which were Japan exclusives and 4 exclusive to Europe, so only 499 games were released in America, this is because it wasn't popular enough for developers to dedicate time to it. Thus there were droughts... not hard to understand lol.

For comparison: PS1 had a library of 2,418 games.

Library size =/= Popularity. Some people were content with 3-4 games. Even then, there's no garentee that all of those 2,418 games were top quality.

The PS1 had more games and more "top quality" games. Sorry :/
#45DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 6:52:16 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Genesis was popular relative to it's time.
Xbox, however, was indeed a failure of a console. It was built as such from the start, and was never intended to actually be successful. It was only made to establish a brand.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#46IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/10/2012 6:58:54 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Xbox, however, was indeed a failure of a console. It was built as such from the start, and was never intended to actually be successful. It was only made to establish a brand.

Don't respond to him, he is yet another fantroll on this board and gets pleasure from defending Nintendo and its failures.
#47Skill4ReelPosted 11/10/2012 7:00:08 AM
roladpf posted...

Games come out today, people get tired of it, buy new game next day or whatever... Possibly because games are turning into 'fast gaming', much like how clothing today is disposable and 'fast fashion'? It's all about the instant gratification.

Yes. What is just as interesting is that the people doing this don't understand how their actions are drastically affecting not only the quality, but the kinds of games that are being made.

Hahaha. Lemmy is that guy. Sometimes you gotta go in like that. It needed to be said.
#48Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 7:00:36 AM

I think you failed to notice the word relatively, as in it failed compared to it's closest competitor the PS1.

HA! You only added the word relatively after I showed you how wrong you were. Fun giving you a history lesson.
#49DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 7:03:14 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...

HA! You only added the word relatively after I showed you how wrong you were. Fun giving you a history lesson.

You can click message detail to see previous post versions.
Also, a post will say that it was edited.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#50Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 7:03:39 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Don't respond to him, he is yet another fantroll on this board and gets pleasure from defending Nintendo and its failures.

LOL! So now it's a failure again after you just got done saying it wasn't after you first said it was. You're one confused soul.