Gamers today are too spoiled!

#51IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/10/2012 7:05:19 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
It was unpopular relatively when compared to the PS1, which was also cheaper to develop for, cheaper to produce games on, and was all around a better console to own. This led to more games on the PS1 and less games on the N64, thus the droughts.

So yes, it being "less popular" was a factor in why the N64 failed.

Not that I haven't proved you wrong enough already, but he N64 sold 5-10 million more consoles than the Genesis and the original Xbox. Do you think those consoles were failures?

I think you failed to notice the word relatively, as in it failed compared to it's closest competitor the PS1.

It's clear that you are simply a troll though, so I'm done responding to you.

HA! You only added the word relatively after I showed you how wrong you were. Fun giving you a history lesson.

You can click message detail to see previous post versions.
Also, a post will say that it was edited.

Shh, let him have his delusions.
#52Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 7:05:41 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
It was unpopular relatively when compared to the PS1, which was also cheaper to develop for, cheaper to produce games on, and was all around a better console to own. This led to more games on the PS1 and less games on the N64, thus the droughts.

So yes, it being "less popular" was a factor in why the N64 failed.

Not that I haven't proved you wrong enough already, but he N64 sold 5-10 million more consoles than the Genesis and the original Xbox. Do you think those consoles were failures?

I think you failed to notice the word relatively, as in it failed compared to it's closest competitor the PS1.

HA! You only added the word relatively after I showed you how wrong you were. Fun giving you a history lesson.

Ugh. I don't mean he edited that message that had the word relatively in it. He had a post calling the N64 a failure. I proved him wrong. So in his next post he said it was a failure relative to the PS1. That was something he didn't say until I proved him wrong. That was what I was getting at.
#53DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 7:07:48 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Ugh. I don't mean he edited that message that had the word relatively in it. He had a post calling the N64 a failure. I proved him wrong. So in his next post he said it was a failure relative to the PS1. That was something he didn't say until I proved him wrong. That was what I was getting at.

Because market failure is always relative.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#54jackorhoadsPosted 11/10/2012 7:08:34 AM
I made this topic months ago too so I agree. -high 5-
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
psn - jacksonrr < feel free to add :)
#55Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 7:08:51 AM
The N64 had long droughts because it wasn't a popular console, the PS1 did not have those long droughts inbetween games.

Just because the N64 got outsold doesn't mean it wasn't a popular console. Dumb.

People complaining about games costing the same now as they did 25 years ago, and complaining there aren't enough games when there are more games than ever....that seems spoiled to me. Even if I am a pretentious jerk lol.

The console was not popular, there were only 587 titles released onto the console, 84 of which were Japan exclusives and 4 exclusive to Europe, so only 499 games were released in America, this is because it wasn't popular enough for developers to dedicate time to it. Thus there were droughts... not hard to understand lol.

For comparison: PS1 had a library of 2,418 games.

The N64 had long droughts because it wasn't a popular console, the PS1 did not have those long droughts inbetween games.

Those are your first two posts calling the N64 unpopular. I showed you facts as to how it sold just as much as the Super NES in America and more than the Xbox or Genesis sold so you added the word relatively later. Oh wait, I'm delusional and made this up. HA!
#56DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 7:10:10 AM
You're really grasping at straws here.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#57Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 7:11:04 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
You're really grasping at straws here.

Good comeback sir!
#58IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/10/2012 7:11:04 AM

Sorry Lemmywinks, you are a joke. Done responding to you now :)
#59Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 7:11:44 AM

Sorry Lemmywinks, you are a joke. Done responding to you now :)

Didn't you already say that once? Just a glutton for punishment huh? lol
#60TrueBlue91Posted 11/10/2012 7:13:46 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Just because the N64 got outsold doesn't mean it wasn't a popular console. Dumb.

People complaining about games costing the same now as they did 25 years ago, and complaining there aren't enough games when there are more games than ever....that seems spoiled to me. Even if I am a pretentious jerk lol.

The console was not popular, there were only 587 titles released onto the console, 84 of which were Japan exclusives and 4 exclusive to Europe, so only 499 games were released in America, this is because it wasn't popular enough for developers to dedicate time to it. Thus there were droughts... not hard to understand lol.

For comparison: PS1 had a library of 2,418 games.

Those are your first two posts calling the N64 unpopular. I showed you facts as to how it sold just as much as the Super NES in America and more than the Xbox or Genesis sold so you added the word relatively later. Oh wait, I'm delusional and made this up. HA!

It sold a few more million than previous consoles, so it was a success???? What?!? XD
---
Pour grammer annoy's me