Gamers today are too spoiled!

#61IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/10/2012 6:15:34 AM
It sold a few more million than previous consoles, so it was a success???? What?!? XD

Yeah, the guy doesn't understand that you judge market failures relative to their competitors, not to their previous consoles. Or else the GBA would be considered a failure since it sold less than the original Gameboy... lol
#62Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 6:21:44 AM
It sold a few more million than previous consoles, so it was a success???? What?!? XD

Xbox came AFTER the N64. It outsold the Genesis. Two POPULAR systems. Dumbwich said the N64 was unpopular. While it was not as popular as the PS1, that does not make it an unpopular machine. Only a moron or blind Sony fan would think that. I'm a Nintendo fan, didn't like the Genesis that much, and I can admit that the Genesis was popular even though it got outsold by the SNES.
#63Shinobi120Posted 11/10/2012 6:21:44 AM
Not only that, but Microsoft & Sony fanboys are also spoiled by thinking that just because Microsoft & Sony have tons of money (Microsoft, mostly) & other divisions, means that, "they got to sacrifice their loot & other divisions to please us & to keep their gaming divisions afloat by bleeding tons of money each generation by giving us more powerful consoles!".
#64DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 6:40:47 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Xbox came AFTER the N64. It outsold the Genesis. Two POPULAR systems. Dumbwich said the N64 was unpopular. While it was not as popular as the PS1, that does not make it an unpopular machine. Only a moron or blind Sony fan would think that. I'm a Nintendo fan, didn't like the Genesis that much, and I can admit that the Genesis was popular even though it got outsold by the SNES.

Xbox wasn't popular.
srsly, you're not fooling anyone.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#65squatch22Posted 11/10/2012 8:54:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#66squatch22Posted 11/10/2012 8:54:45 AM
So Senor is saying PS3, PSP and Xbox360 are all failures.
---
SoE posted: I'm not a being a rabid fanboy of one console when I ruthlessly defend the Vita
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#67ChargrilledPosted 11/10/2012 9:03:39 AM
During my day all i had to play with was a cow pat frisbee and a moldy orange.

Pfft, times change. Its a wonder you dont fall flat on your face the amount of looking back you do.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#68GLDanzegoPosted 11/10/2012 9:49:46 AM
I've seen this Lemmywinks guy here before and this thread fits right in with his MO. Definitely some serious self esteem issues going on with him.

Dude, go see a shrink already and quit taking it out on other people. Yikes. >_>

---
#69Muljo StphoPosted 11/10/2012 10:26:01 AM(edited)
*finishes reading topic* Well this topic kind of went downhill fast. But while it was still kind of on topic, I was surprised to see several people attacking the TC for the points in the first post.

I mean, It's true. People seem to have really short attention spans for new releases. Selective amnesia seems to kick in shortly after something comes out. What's already available doesn't ever seem to be good enough. The most important thing is apparently always the next big thing. And when that one comes out? Pfft. That's old and lame now. Where's the next next big thing?

Review scores (not necessarily the text of the reviews, just the arbitrary number attached at the end) get a strange amount of focus too. Theoretically every point on the scale ought to be used and mean something, but the scale has been inflated so that reviewers rarely score anything below 6/10 and customers rarely acknowledge anything that scores lower than 9/10. Every new thing has to be the absolute most perfectest thing that ever perfected a perfect experience of perfectness, and if it's not it's a **** storm of epic proportions that will prove to be a manifestation of Satan and steal your soul through all the game breaking glitches and kiddy graphics and jaggies and waggle and SD. It's a pass/fail system, really. "Pass", this product is pre-approved for consumption by the rabid self-titled "hardcore" gamers. "Fail", this product is not "hardcore" approved and might as well be shovelware kiddy trash for the lame casual **** brains.

People seem to get really invested in review scores and sales figures for some reason. In addition to the attitude about games being **** if they don't have the shiny approval of a really high score, there has also been this attitude for a long time that a game is **** and not worth buying if reports don't come in saying that it sold millions of copies on day one. People sit on the fence about buying a game (possibly because review scores weren't perfect enough for them) which takes away from those first day sales, and then they hear about low sales and they see it as proof that it wasn't worth it anyway.

Personally, I don't give a **** about the review scores and I can decide what looks interesting to me without having to check what someone else had to say about it. When I have somehow ended up reading a review, the points listed as good and bad by the reviewer get filtered through my own preferences. I mean, in many cases a lot of their points don't sound like such a big deal to me.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#70Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 3:18:38 PM
Muljo Stpho posted...
*finishes reading topic* Well this topic kind of went downhill fast. But while it was still kind of on topic, I was surprised to see several people attacking the TC for the points in the first post.

I mean, It's true. People seem to have really short attention spans for new releases. Selective amnesia seems to kick in shortly after something comes out. What's already available doesn't ever seem to be good enough. The most important thing is apparently always the next big thing. And when that one comes out? Pfft. That's old and lame now. Where's the next next big thing?

Review scores (not necessarily the text of the reviews, just the arbitrary number attached at the end) get a strange amount of focus too. Theoretically every point on the scale ought to be used and mean something, but the scale has been inflated so that reviewers rarely score anything below 6/10 and customers rarely acknowledge anything that scores lower than 9/10. Every new thing has to be the absolute most perfectest thing that ever perfected a perfect experience of perfectness, and if it's not it's a **** storm of epic proportions that will prove to be a manifestation of Satan and steal your soul through all the game breaking glitches and kiddy graphics and jaggies and waggle and SD. It's a pass/fail system, really. "Pass", this product is pre-approved for consumption by the rabid self-titled "hardcore" gamers. "Fail", this product is not "hardcore" approved and might as well be shovelware kiddy trash for the lame casual **** brains.

People seem to get really invested in review scores and sales figures for some reason. In addition to the attitude about games being **** if they don't have the shiny approval of a really high score, there has also been this attitude for a long time that a game is **** and not worth buying if reports don't come in saying that it sold millions of copies on day one. People sit on the fence about buying a game (possibly because review scores weren't perfect enough for them) which takes away from those first day sales, and then they hear about low sales and they see it as proof that it wasn't worth it anyway.

Personally, I don't give a **** about the review scores and I can decide what looks interesting to me without having to check what someone else had to say about it. When I have somehow ended up reading a review, the points listed as good and bad by the reviewer get filtered through my own preferences. I mean, in many cases a lot of their points don't sound like such a big deal to me.

Very well thought out reply. I agree completely.