Gamers today are too spoiled!

#71Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 3:28:45 PM
According to Senor if you aren't the most popular thing out at the time, then that makes you unpopular. There is no middle ground. So by those standards the following things are now unpopular.

PS3
Xbox 360
Vita (well this was already true lol)
PSP
Android
any movie this year that wasn't Avengers
any game this year that's not Call of Duty
The NFL (NASCAR is the most popular "sport" in America)
MLB
NBA

Who knew that these things and so many more are unpopular and failures? Thanks for laughs Senor!
#72Helmsly2008Posted 11/10/2012 3:36:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#73sonic777Posted 11/10/2012 4:34:23 PM
Another Lemmywinks crying topic.

http://ooglea.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/child-crying.jpg

This is Lemmywinks' best picture, folks. The other ones are NSFW.
#74Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 8:29:00 PM
sonic777 posted...
Another Lemmywinks crying topic.

http://ooglea.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/child-crying.jpg

This is Lemmywinks' best picture, folks. The other ones are NSFW.

lol...good discussion. Sorry I struck a nerve with you!
#75DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 1:29:23 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Muljo Stpho posted...
*finishes reading topic* Well this topic kind of went downhill fast. But while it was still kind of on topic, I was surprised to see several people attacking the TC for the points in the first post.

I mean, It's true. People seem to have really short attention spans for new releases. Selective amnesia seems to kick in shortly after something comes out. What's already available doesn't ever seem to be good enough. The most important thing is apparently always the next big thing. And when that one comes out? Pfft. That's old and lame now. Where's the next next big thing?

Review scores (not necessarily the text of the reviews, just the arbitrary number attached at the end) get a strange amount of focus too. Theoretically every point on the scale ought to be used and mean something, but the scale has been inflated so that reviewers rarely score anything below 6/10 and customers rarely acknowledge anything that scores lower than 9/10. Every new thing has to be the absolute most perfectest thing that ever perfected a perfect experience of perfectness, and if it's not it's a **** storm of epic proportions that will prove to be a manifestation of Satan and steal your soul through all the game breaking glitches and kiddy graphics and jaggies and waggle and SD. It's a pass/fail system, really. "Pass", this product is pre-approved for consumption by the rabid self-titled "hardcore" gamers. "Fail", this product is not "hardcore" approved and might as well be shovelware kiddy trash for the lame casual **** brains.

People seem to get really invested in review scores and sales figures for some reason. In addition to the attitude about games being **** if they don't have the shiny approval of a really high score, there has also been this attitude for a long time that a game is **** and not worth buying if reports don't come in saying that it sold millions of copies on day one. People sit on the fence about buying a game (possibly because review scores weren't perfect enough for them) which takes away from those first day sales, and then they hear about low sales and they see it as proof that it wasn't worth it anyway.

Personally, I don't give a **** about the review scores and I can decide what looks interesting to me without having to check what someone else had to say about it. When I have somehow ended up reading a review, the points listed as good and bad by the reviewer get filtered through my own preferences. I mean, in many cases a lot of their points don't sound like such a big deal to me.

Very well thought out reply. I agree completely.

Can't even come to your own defense anymore?
How sad.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#76Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 1:54:20 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Muljo Stpho posted...
*finishes reading topic* Well this topic kind of went downhill fast. But while it was still kind of on topic, I was surprised to see several people attacking the TC for the points in the first post.

I mean, It's true. People seem to have really short attention spans for new releases. Selective amnesia seems to kick in shortly after something comes out. What's already available doesn't ever seem to be good enough. The most important thing is apparently always the next big thing. And when that one comes out? Pfft. That's old and lame now. Where's the next next big thing?

Review scores (not necessarily the text of the reviews, just the arbitrary number attached at the end) get a strange amount of focus too. Theoretically every point on the scale ought to be used and mean something, but the scale has been inflated so that reviewers rarely score anything below 6/10 and customers rarely acknowledge anything that scores lower than 9/10. Every new thing has to be the absolute most perfectest thing that ever perfected a perfect experience of perfectness, and if it's not it's a **** storm of epic proportions that will prove to be a manifestation of Satan and steal your soul through all the game breaking glitches and kiddy graphics and jaggies and waggle and SD. It's a pass/fail system, really. "Pass", this product is pre-approved for consumption by the rabid self-titled "hardcore" gamers. "Fail", this product is not "hardcore" approved and might as well be shovelware kiddy trash for the lame casual **** brains.

People seem to get really invested in review scores and sales figures for some reason. In addition to the attitude about games being **** if they don't have the shiny approval of a really high score, there has also been this attitude for a long time that a game is **** and not worth buying if reports don't come in saying that it sold millions of copies on day one. People sit on the fence about buying a game (possibly because review scores weren't perfect enough for them) which takes away from those first day sales, and then they hear about low sales and they see it as proof that it wasn't worth it anyway.

Personally, I don't give a **** about the review scores and I can decide what looks interesting to me without having to check what someone else had to say about it. When I have somehow ended up reading a review, the points listed as good and bad by the reviewer get filtered through my own preferences. I mean, in many cases a lot of their points don't sound like such a big deal to me.

Very well thought out reply. I agree completely.

Can't even come to your own defense anymore?
How sad.

Why bother...so you'll ignore it? So I can try and gain your approval? No thanks, not that important to me. lol Didn't mean to upset you so much.
#77DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 3:43:46 AM
Oh, don't worry. I'm having a good laugh here. I think everyone but you is.
---
#78Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:45:32 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Oh, don't worry. I'm having a good laugh here. I think everyone but you is.

A good laugh? I think butthurt would be more accurate from what I see. Either way, glad you care so much!
#79DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 3:47:24 AM
It's pretty normal for angry people to project on others.
---
#80Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:49:38 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
It's pretty normal for angry people to project on others.

Yeah you should really do something about that. Making a giant post that mimics mine just cause you didn't agree with what I had to say...not healthy man! Might I suggest some Wii Fit U yoga?