Gamers today are too spoiled!

#81DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 4:54:26 AM
And there you go with your angry assumptions again.
Maybe you need a nap or a time out or whatever?
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#82AXKSIONPosted 11/11/2012 5:15:12 AM
If I am so SPOILED, as you put it, then how come these things do not exist in a brand new current gen form?

turn based JRPGs
Final Fantasy
Super Mario RPG2
Yoshi's Island 2
Baldur's Gate 3
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
Diablo 3
Champions of Norrath
Super Mario 64 spiritual successor
good Metroid game

and much more I am now forgetting. Anyway, looks like I am being punished severely, actually. Not spoiled in the least.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#83Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 5:16:39 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...

We're a week away from the Wii U! I'm excited. It would take a lot more than some nobody from the internet to get me angry. Enjoy trolling the internet looking for negative reviews of Wii U games! I might not see you much anymore as I'll probably do most of my gaming talk on Miiverse. I can't wait, less than a week away!
#84Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 5:18:39 AM
AXKSION posted...
If I am so SPOILED, as you put it, then how come these things do not exist in a brand new current gen form?

turn based JRPGs
Final Fantasy
Super Mario RPG2
Yoshi's Island 2
Baldur's Gate 3
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
Diablo 3
Champions of Norrath
Super Mario 64 spiritual successor
good Metroid game

and much more I am now forgetting. Anyway, looks like I am being punished severely, actually. Not spoiled in the least.

Don't forget a new Earthbound!

And you are spoiled by not being satisfied with either Mario Galaxy (regarded as two of the best games EVER!), or any of the Metroid Prime games. Unless you of course are not counting the Wii as current gen.
#85linknparkfanPosted 11/11/2012 5:29:32 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
1.It seems if there isn't a new game coming out that week then people start whining. I remember in the N64 days I had to wait six months sometimes for anything good to come out. New games come out now and seem to be immediately forgotten. Almost as if people look forward to looking forward to games more than actually playing them.

This is EXACTLY how my brother and I are LOL. So embarrassing but so true =P We're both in our mid twenties with jobs and blah blah, so unlike when we were kids, we simply buy a new game that looks fun asap. Then, after a week, "I'm borrred, [game we just bought] is okay but really not great. OMG [new game coming out] LOOKS SO AMAZING!!! Why can't it be released NOW?!"

Rinse repeat, ha ha.
#86AXKSIONPosted 11/11/2012 5:33:48 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
And you are spoiled by not being satisfied with either Mario Galaxy (regarded as two of the best games EVER!), or any of the Metroid Prime games. Unless you of course are not counting the Wii as current gen.

Super Mario 64 is superior to the Galaxy games in every way.

Metroid Prime and MP2 are two some of the best games of all time, but they are GC games. MP3 is easily the weakest of the trilogy. Plus I loathe motion controls, so I will play the GC version any day of the week over the inferior motion control ones.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#87DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 6:03:06 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

We're a week away from the Wii U! I'm excited. It would take a lot more than some nobody from the internet to get me angry. Enjoy trolling the internet looking for negative reviews of Wii U games! I might not see you much anymore as I'll probably do most of my gaming talk on Miiverse. I can't wait, less than a week away!

Then why are you trying so hard to save face here? XD
---
#88ThatPersonGuyPosted 11/11/2012 6:11:54 AM
In MAH DAY, we didn't have dem fancy DLCthingamagigs! When we bought OUR games, we got what we got, and we were happy! It didn't matter if the game got a 8 or a -2, cause we were HAPPY! Dem fancy youngins being so picky with their games. MAKES ME SICK!
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#89Finnish84Posted 11/11/2012 7:21:48 AM
"Almost as if people look forward to looking forward to games more than actually playing them."
This^

There is inflation in videogame review scores, and i think that people has lost the point of games.
And games have lost identity, they don't know what they are anymore, certainly they are not as much games as they were 10 years ago. Now they are like interactive movies, and they are going to wrong direction, maybe that is one of the reasons I sticked with the Wii mostly this generation, although i have PS3, which i bought only to play 2 games.

Also, those people who appreciate graphics too much just don't get it. They don't actually like the games, they like technology. Two examples;

1. My friend and me drove one driving simulator some years ago. except that he spent more time to get the sim look pretty and played more with bloom effect than he did driving, his priorities are messed up clearly. He also drove in the wrong direction to see can his CPU handle 20 car carnage when colliding. Again, missing the point completely. The sim was actually completely drivable, he just wanted it to be prettier. He's interested in cars, sure, and pretty things, technology, graphics... But he isn't interested in driving clearly so he is doing the wrong thing.

2. This friend i drove with, the little we did, one of HIS friends once told me that he liked gaming, until he bought a really good PC that could run all his games at max settings perfectly. At that point he was not interested in games anymore. The point here is that he actually never WAS interested in games. He was interested in something yes, but not games and the point of gaming. His goal was to get the games run well, and goal achieved ---> quit "gaming"

Opinions on these?
#90DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 8:23:34 AM
I think you should worry less about what people do with their hobby.
---