Gamers today are too spoiled!

#91Finnish84Posted 11/11/2012 7:55:34 AM
i don't worry about it. They just don't even know that they don't like games.
#92Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 9:50:02 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
And there you go with your angry assumptions again.
Maybe you need a nap or a time out or whatever?

We're a week away from the Wii U! I'm excited. It would take a lot more than some nobody from the internet to get me angry. Enjoy trolling the internet looking for negative reviews of Wii U games! I might not see you much anymore as I'll probably do most of my gaming talk on Miiverse. I can't wait, less than a week away!

Then why are you trying so hard to save face here? XD

Save face? I inspired you to duplicate to take time out of your day to duplicate my post sentence for sentence. I must of hit a little too close to home! Besides...bro, it's Gamefaqs. You must be 12 too be worried about saving face on a message board...in which case I feel bad for debating this stuff with you so I will stop now. Go ahead and write back so you can have the last word. In a few years when you are grown up you will look back and laugh. :)
#93DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 10:18:22 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
And there you go with your angry assumptions again.
Maybe you need a nap or a time out or whatever?

We're a week away from the Wii U! I'm excited. It would take a lot more than some nobody from the internet to get me angry. Enjoy trolling the internet looking for negative reviews of Wii U games! I might not see you much anymore as I'll probably do most of my gaming talk on Miiverse. I can't wait, less than a week away!

Then why are you trying so hard to save face here? XD

Save face? I inspired you to duplicate to take time out of your day to duplicate my post sentence for sentence. I must of hit a little too close to home! Besides...bro, it's Gamefaqs. You must be 12 too be worried about saving face on a message board...in which case I feel bad for debating this stuff with you so I will stop now. Go ahead and write back so you can have the last word. In a few years when you are grown up you will look back and laugh. :)

I do that a lot, actually. It's fun.
But, when you consider that you've probably spent more time replying to me in this topic than I've spent replying to you and making that topic combined...
And all to get the last word. How silly.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#94cavebear56Posted 11/11/2012 10:39:26 AM
Omega_Black posted...

1. That's the thing. People want "NEW" games, not ports (ME3, Batman, etc.), apparent rehashes with slightly new twists (sorry NSMBU), or "improved" director's cuts (NGIII). Yeah, console launches typically aren't known for their wildly new content and that's certainly not discounting ZombiU. But for people dropping a lot of money on this thing, well they want some assurance that the potential is there. For them as well as people who aren't even interested, it's only in faint glimmers, if at all.

2. When you've got services like XBLA and even PSN on the other side constantly outperforming the VC's molasses-speed trickle of content, yes there's ample reason to complain. Hell, the Japanese VC got better content faster than the other regions. Kind of a slap in the face, I think.

Agree with you on 1.

Sony keeps churning out God of War games and Microsoft can't stop with the Gears and Halo games.

To be fair to those companies it isn't anything new. Capcom did it with Mega Man, Konami has done it with Silent Hill/MGS/Castlevania and many other companies do the same thing.

Also agree with 2.

The consoles really need to adopt the superior format found on PC for downloads, pricing and updates.

As for 3, in general, numbered scores ar absolutely worthless except for fueling fanboy wars. What actually matters and tells you about the game is the written review, the actual words, the things people don't read.

Their exists no objective standard by which an "8" is exactly this and all reviewers follow this format. The problem is a score makes things simple (and most people don't like to actually think or read) and as long as a more simple (and completely worthless) option exists, people will continue to use it.

Time will tell how the Wii U handles the first 2 issues. We're never going to get away from what's called a franchise so just ignore it.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#95DTY3Posted 11/11/2012 10:41:48 AM
squatch22 posted...
AGREED!

Big ******* surprise.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#96DTY3Posted 11/11/2012 10:42:46 AM
AXKSION posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
And you are spoiled by not being satisfied with either Mario Galaxy (regarded as two of the best games EVER!), or any of the Metroid Prime games. Unless you of course are not counting the Wii as current gen.

Super Mario 64 is superior to the Galaxy games in every way.

Lol funny.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#97petran78Posted 11/11/2012 11:10:14 AM
Finnish84 posted...
"Almost as if people look forward to looking forward to games more than actually playing them."
This^

There is inflation in videogame review scores, and i think that people has lost the point of games.
And games have lost identity, they don't know what they are anymore, certainly they are not as much games as they were 10 years ago. Now they are like interactive movies, and they are going to wrong direction, maybe that is one of the reasons I sticked with the Wii mostly this generation, although i have PS3, which i bought only to play 2 games.

Also, those people who appreciate graphics too much just don't get it. They don't actually like the games, they like technology. Two examples;

1. My friend and me drove one driving simulator some years ago. except that he spent more time to get the sim look pretty and played more with bloom effect than he did driving, his priorities are messed up clearly. He also drove in the wrong direction to see can his CPU handle 20 car carnage when colliding. Again, missing the point completely. The sim was actually completely drivable, he just wanted it to be prettier. He's interested in cars, sure, and pretty things, technology, graphics... But he isn't interested in driving clearly so he is doing the wrong thing.

2. This friend i drove with, the little we did, one of HIS friends once told me that he liked gaming, until he bought a really good PC that could run all his games at max settings perfectly. At that point he was not interested in games anymore. The point here is that he actually never WAS interested in games. He was interested in something yes, but not games and the point of gaming. His goal was to get the games run well, and goal achieved ---> quit "gaming"

Opinions on these?

Unfortunately if you own a PC you have to devote some time for testing or troubleshooting.
A GPU can be more complex and powerful than the mobo and cpu combined.
It has so many parameters that you want to try every aspect of it. Games are the best candidate.
I do this too. I test some games there too, but with hundreds of them i can only play 2 or 3 the most.
I am always worried too that the game or pc might crash anytime.

Besides there is no need for benchmarking, i can run most games at max settings.

A console allows you to focus just on games, but there may be also obsession with updates. Patches, memcards, external disks etc
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.