Wii U viable as my only gaming console?

#1DippinDotzPosted 11/10/2012 5:45:57 AM
Hi,

I currently have a Wii U preordered. I was wondering if it is a bad idea to have it be my only gaming console? Many of my friends have Xbox and play Halo and Call of Duty. They keep telling me to get it, but I am not too big of a gamer, but I grew up with nes and genesis. Will the Wii U be a good only system for me or should I also have an Xbox or PS3 for multiplayer games? Thanks!
#240DribylfPosted 11/10/2012 5:46:40 AM
If you don't play games that often, the Wii U is a good choice.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#3EvilmonsterPosted 11/10/2012 5:48:49 AM
Any console + PC will suffice
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
#4MicroOmegaManPosted 11/10/2012 6:12:59 AM
Too early to call.
---
If I never reward you with attention, I may see you as a troll.
Buy these: Liberation Maiden, Ace Mathician, Xenoblade, Solatarobo (sequel incoming, get hype)
#5Mindwipe77Posted 11/10/2012 6:39:54 AM
if you're not too big of a gamer the wii-u is perfect choice as an only console
---
Lightning's #1 Fan!!!
Waiting for Wii-U!
#6Dark_Link92Posted 11/10/2012 6:42:11 AM
I got through the last generation with only a Wii and a non-gaming but still fairly capable PC. I might upgrade it a bit and do the same thing again.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#7guttertalkPosted 11/10/2012 6:43:34 AM
Honestly, it depends. I could have played on just my Wii, but there would have been definite down times. And I would have missed some great games. So, if the Wii u gets good multiplatform support, it could be your only console. I am seriously considering it as my sole next gen console because I definitely won't get another Xbox (or three, as the case may be).
#8MicroOmegaManPosted 11/10/2012 6:47:01 AM
guttertalk posted...
Honestly, it depends. I could have played on just my Wii, but there would have been definite down times. And I would have missed some great games. So, if the Wii u gets good multiplatform support, it could be your only console. I am seriously considering it as my sole next gen console because I definitely won't get another Xbox (or three, as the case may be).

Never say never. If the next Xbox isn't breaking often within a year of release, it's safe to call it properly engineered.
---
Buy these: Liberation Maiden, Ace Mathician, Xenoblade, Solatarobo (sequel incoming, get hype)
#9guttertalkPosted 11/10/2012 6:59:12 AM
No offense, but don't hedge my statements for me. When a product is as shoddy as the 360 was, they won't get my business for their next product. I know a bit about hardware development, and there's little chance they didn't know they were selling a faulty product. If they didn't, they ignored their results or don't know how to test hardware. That's not a company I want to support.
#10MicroOmegaManPosted 11/10/2012 7:01:56 AM
Just making a comment based on the only information present. Thank you for more information, to which I have no comment.
---