If You Have A GameCube, Why Do You Still Have It?

#31Blade_KirbyPosted 11/10/2012 7:57:42 PM
To play PSO online. Also the Gameboy player.
---
I want to find the developers of this game and shoot them in the face with a bean bag. - Topcover on APB
They're too busy being homeless. - Laquill
#32OrionSatsumePosted 11/10/2012 7:57:59 PM
Well I didn't buy a Wii and quite honestly, I only have four games for GameCube. I bought it way late in the last gen and it was only for a few exclusives I just couldn't pass on.
#33Fear_AwakensPosted 11/10/2012 8:05:21 PM
First of all, I love my Gamecube. Second, the only reason I bought it in the first place was for Legend of Zelda games and Super Smash Bros Melee, and that makes up pretty much my entire Gamecube collection. I have Ocarina of Time Master Quest, the Zelda Collector's edition with Majora's Mask, regular OoT, Link's Awakening or whatever Zelda II was called, and the first Zelda game. After that, I have Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Soulcalibur II with Link as the guest character, Donkey Kong Jungle Beats, and a Starfox game.

I enjoyed those games. I was extremely impressed with Twilight Princess on the Gamecube. Which unfortunately seemed to be the last game I bought for it, and the last game where Link was a lefty. I never bought the Wii because I tried it out at a friend's house, and the controls annoyed the crap out of me (I hate wagging my arm all over the place) and the inferior graphics turned me off. I much prefer a simple gamepad where I can sit on the couch, relax, and still save the world. I'm lazy like that.

That being said, though, I've never thrown out any gaming platform. My old SNES still works, and I still pull it out to play some old school games on it with my friends. My Sega Saturn still sees use, although mostly just from Sonic games and Clockwork Knights, and I still have one of those original big square Playstations. I've got at least 3 Ps2s lying around, both the big box-like ones and the newer slim models, and just the other day I was playing Duck Hunt on my old Nintendo. I never throw out any tech that still works. You never know when your modern console will decide to crap out.
#34WarLegalomonPosted 11/10/2012 8:18:41 PM
Nostalgia reasons, plus it's the Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness version with Shadow Lugia on the disc cover, and I put on the puffy stickers of Gale of Darkness as well so it's a Pokemon themed gamecube. Still works great.
#35Devil_wings00Posted 11/10/2012 8:24:34 PM
I don't use it much but who's going to buy it from me for more then 10-20 bucks at this point? Also the GC version of zelda twilight princess is way better then that rushed pile of trash with last minute wii controls tossed on. I sold my Wii a couple years back (lack of titles and it was still in demand at the time so I got good money for it and used that to get a PS3) so the only way I can play some of the great GC titles if the mood strikes me is to dust off the ol' GC. Not like it takes up much room lol.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#36ShikariSLDPosted 11/10/2012 8:30:45 PM
Uh, to play Gamecube games. That would seem to be the most obvious answer. I don't know why it isn't a poll option.

This, lol.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N3xIW.jpg
#37Mr_Big_BossPosted 11/10/2012 8:37:14 PM
You never know when your modern console will decide to crap out.

Rather fast compared to the great old tech.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#38sejan12Posted 11/10/2012 8:41:27 PM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
You never know when your modern console will decide to crap out.

Rather fast compared to the great old tech.

My old tech will survive years and years to come. One of the biggest reasons I'm getting a Wii U is because my Wii is dying a slow painful death. My NES on the other hand will be working in another 30 years.
#39NoelXYeulPosted 11/10/2012 8:49:28 PM
Because I can't sell it at a respectable price...
---
Top 5 Hottest Cutest/Final Fantasy Girls IMO: Yuel>>Garnet>>Vanille>>Rikku>>Penelo
#40silenthill4vidPosted 11/10/2012 8:52:04 PM
ShikariSLD posted...
Uh, to play Gamecube games. That would seem to be the most obvious answer. I don't know why it isn't a poll option.

This, lol.

---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.