This week will feel like eternity...

#21XJapanRoxPosted 11/11/2012 1:23:30 AM
It'll be even longer for me, GameStop.com just charged me the $400 for my order. It'll be at least a week until I have something to show for it! haha

In fact, the only reason I know is because my Bank just emailed me asking for verification on the purchase, since the website is apparently based in Texas. Pretty awesome of my bank, but now I'm gonna be banging my head against my desk all week being out $400 with no video games to show for it yet!
---
"Mass Effect is just like Star Wars in space" -BeamusGlad2
"My microwave has more RAM then the Wii." -0300Infantry
#22RE4_FanPosted 11/11/2012 1:26:58 AM
I've still got to wait another 19 days to get my Wii U =/ Oh well, I'll be able to read up on how you folks feel about it soon enough =)
#23noutBrPosted 11/11/2012 1:37:30 AM
Yeah, waiting for a new console to come out can go pretty fast up until the last 2 weeks.

But maybe it's my age (29) or the fact that I have more things to do but nowadays I have absolutely no problem waiting for new releases. I have plenty of games (old and new) that I like replaying or haven't played at all so if I want to play games there's always something to pick. I also recently started playing Golf and I'm loving it so that takes up much of my free time too :)

Just a healthy dose of excitement for a new Nintendo console but it's not as crazy as it was when I was a teen or in my early 20's.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#24RE4_FanPosted 11/11/2012 1:40:31 AM
noutBr posted...
Yeah, waiting for a new console to come out can go pretty fast up until the last 2 weeks.

But maybe it's my age (29) or the fact that I have more things to do but nowadays I have absolutely no problem waiting for new releases. I have plenty of games (old and new) that I like replaying or haven't played at all so if I want to play games there's always something to pick. I also recently started playing Golf and I'm loving it so that takes up much of my free time too :)

Just a healthy dose of excitement for a new Nintendo console but it's not as crazy as it was when I was a teen or in my early 20's.

Yeah, I feel the same way (in my early 20s) but I'm nowhere near as excited as I was for say the Nintendo DS or the Gamecube =P Like you said, more stuff to do now so I don't think about it as much =)
#25LinkMaster2703Posted 11/11/2012 1:51:21 AM
I have midterms this week, so I'll have no shortage of stuff to do. At least I'll have all that stuff out of the way for when the Wii U is actually out.
---
Currently Playing: None
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/C_Dalke.png
#26NinjaGamer_23Posted 11/11/2012 1:54:37 AM
got some shifts for work to go to, halo 4 and doom 3 to work on.

I will be busy all week.
#27No_Name_StevePosted 11/11/2012 1:55:42 AM
I still have to wait 19 days. Aussie and European release isn't until the 30th.

I'm happy to wait though. It comes out on the last day of my end of year exams. It will be my reward for being a model student :D
/blatant lie
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."-Shigeru Miyamoto
Aussie gamer suffering from high game prices $$$
#28AXKSIONPosted 11/11/2012 1:57:50 AM
MotiJr posted...
Oh no you have to wait a WHOLE week. How sad. We have to wait 3 >_> lol

I remember way back in the past when I had 3 WHOLE weeks to go. Now that I am in the future, I only have 1 week left to wait. I wish my future self luck with securing the console safely.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#29RE4_FanPosted 11/11/2012 2:00:55 AM
No_Name_Steve posted...
I still have to wait 19 days. Aussie and European release isn't until the 30th.

I'm happy to wait though. It comes out on the last day of my end of year exams. It will be my reward for being a model student :D
/blatant lie

Same here, Australian gamer =P Unless you are a European gamer in which case we are only kinda the same ;)
#30PsyrenCallPosted 11/11/2012 2:11:17 AM
I won't really notice, as I'll be waiting for E3 to decide whether or not I actually want a Wii U. It'll be weird if I don't have one, as I've never missed a Nintendo console.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!