Developer Interview: Shin'en Multimedia on Nintendo eShop Development

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/10/2012 10:44:59 PM
With the 3DS eShop continuing to grow, and the Wii U equivalent already shaping up with an increasingly encouraging range of confirmed titles, there’s plenty of positivity around Nintendo’s download offerings. Like any platform it still has its detractors and issues, such as the occasional broken mess on the release schedule and a never-ending debate about pricing, but the 3DS and Wii U era looks to be a significant and much needed improvement over the DSi and Wii services.

One developer with plenty of experience of Nintendo’s various download platforms is Shin’en Multimedia, a development studio based in Germany. The current generation of Nintendo gamers may be familiar with downloadable titles such as Art of Balance, Jett Rocket and FAST – Racing League on WiiWare, as well as 3DS eShop versions Art of Balance TOUCH! and Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!, and more. A common theme with titles such as these is that they’re all of a solid quality, with some notable examples that have earned particularly strong recommendations from us here at Nintendo Life. Its next download games will be Nano Assault EX on 3DS eShop and Nano Assault Neo on the Wii U store; if they match the standard of the original 3DS retail release Nano Assault, then these will be downloads to watch.

We caught up with Shin’en Multimedia's Manfred Linzner to talk about these projects and his view on developing for Nintendo consoles, particularly 3DS and Wii U.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/
developer_interview_shinen_multimedia_on
_nintendo_eshop_development_3ds_and_wii_u
---
Currently Playing: Illbleed, Skyrim
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#2Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 11/11/2012 12:31:28 AM
Stop making topics about old news already. You always post old stuff or stuff ppl dont even care about.

/Topic.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 2) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 3) Final Fantasy 9. 4) Final Fantasy 10. 5) Star Fox 64.
#3DynheartPosted 11/11/2012 12:45:14 AM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
Stop making topics about old news already. You always post old stuff or stuff ppl dont even care about.

/Topic.

I'd rather read this "old news", than 90% of the crap that clutters this board.

GRRRAFIX!

Good read..since, you know, I haven't seen it yet.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#4andrea987Posted 11/11/2012 12:48:15 AM
Dynheart posted...

/Topic.

GRRRAFIX!

Ditto.
#5RE4_FanPosted 11/11/2012 12:50:26 AM
andrea987 posted...
Dynheart posted...

/Topic.

GRRRAFIX!

Ditto.

Thirded. Furthermore if you feel its old news or you don't care about it don't read it =)
#6spicyitalian739Posted 11/11/2012 12:53:34 AM
RE4_Fan posted...
andrea987 posted...
Dynheart posted...

/Topic.

GRRRAFIX!

Ditto.

Thirded. Furthermore if you feel its old news or you don't care about it don't read it =)

Fourthed? This topic is pretty good news, and this is the first I've seen of it. Awesome!
---
President of the CloudStrife630 fan club! I live only to serve you, my liege!
#7pizzaman95Posted 11/11/2012 12:53:54 AM
if you feel its old news or you don't care about it don't read it =)

breaking news: mass effect 2 was announced
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#8spicyitalian739Posted 11/11/2012 12:55:46 AM
pizzaman95 posted...

Breaking news, Linetrix called and he wants his troll shtick back. At least IceCreamDunwich is occasionally funny, but you're another one trick pony. *yawn*
---
President of the CloudStrife630 fan club! I live only to serve you, my liege!
#9RE4_FanPosted 11/11/2012 1:05:05 AM
pizzaman95 posted...

My god! We must alert the presses =D I love Mass Effect 2 ;)