To people who love buying consoles at release

#1helldewPosted 11/10/2012 11:27:53 PM
whats the appeal? Ive had consoles at release and honestly aside from being able to say i own the newest shiny thing on the market i never once understood why the heck bother. A new game system usually isnt loaded with games especially ones most people love to play. Me personally im proably gonna wait until about SSB4 comes out and the libary builds to something sizable.

But to those who are buying it now. what are you looking foward to. just owning the new console while stuff comes out? some game that is apart of the early release window? or what?
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#2Parkers_PeterPosted 11/10/2012 11:31:53 PM
Reassurance topic cause you didn't get you a preorder. Lmao!!!
---
Shut up
#3oOo_SOX_oOoPosted 11/10/2012 11:32:13 PM
Love being the first to have it, I cant even imagine not getting it launch day. I know im gunna buy it eventually so id rather sooner than later.
---
New York Jets!!!
New York Mets!!!
#4FiendingHardPosted 11/10/2012 11:33:35 PM
helldew posted...
whats the appeal? Ive had consoles at release and honestly aside from being able to say i own the newest shiny thing on the market

/topic
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Assassin's Creed 3, Sine Mora, XCOM, Final Fantasy 6
#5Final Fantasy2389Posted 11/10/2012 11:33:41 PM
The games.

Then the ability to say I own the hottest new item.
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT | http://bit.ly/RQBee0
#6SebVettelPosted 11/10/2012 11:36:49 PM
Beating out the Jones's I guess.

Seriously though, I not going to speak for people who do buy at launch, but I never have. It's when the console is the most expensive and usually there isn't enough good games available for me to justify the price.

If there was a new F-Zero, Smash, Metroid and maybe an intriguing new IP (ZombiU) all at launch, I may well have made a pre-order.
#7draemsuPosted 11/10/2012 11:39:00 PM
I'm buying it because I want to play Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U.
---
Your signature is appended to the bottom of every post you make.
#8deadANDrottedPosted 11/10/2012 11:39:06 PM
I just happened to have the money when perorders were being taken. The gamepad offers new ways to interact with games (including ports). I am a long time Nintendo fan. I am looking forward to the Wii U versions of upcoming games. I am hoping Aliens will have the motion tracker on the game pad. Being able to play games while others watch TV. I was going to wait but the more info that came out the more I wanted it. So I gave in and preordered.
#9snae99Posted 11/10/2012 11:39:35 PM
I've never bought a console on release, this is my first time.
---
I should go.
#10spicyitalian739Posted 11/10/2012 11:39:45 PM
ITT: There aren't a half a dozen games worth playing at launch, there aren't another 3-4 awesome games coming by March 31st, and Tvii, MiiVerse, and the e-shop don't exist.
---
President of the CloudStrife630 fan club! I live only to serve you, my liege!