Getting a Wii U without reserve

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Getting a Wii U without reserve

User Info: PotatoHog

PotatoHog
4 years ago#1
The store I'm going to has a midnight release I believe, and no pre-orders. How many hours before midnight should I get there? Also, what if I have to go to the bathroom while waiting in line? I risk having my line position stolen, don't I?
Watching the Rams choke on the Packers Cobb reminds me that Sam "Bad"ford will never be on Godgers level.

User Info: SPDShadowRanger

SPDShadowRanger
4 years ago#2
Get in line now and bring a portable toilet.

User Info: RE4_Fan

RE4_Fan
4 years ago#3
SPDShadowRanger posted...

Do it. =)

I haven't pre-ordered yet because I'm not sure where I want to get my Wii U from =) Waiting to see which store has the best launch day deal =D

User Info: PotatoHog

PotatoHog
4 years ago#4
RE4_Fan posted...

Do it. =)

I haven't pre-ordered yet because I'm not sure where I want to get my Wii U from =) Waiting to see which store has the best launch day deal =D

I won't do that.

Also, good luck on getting a pre-order now.
Watching the Rams choke on the Packers Cobb reminds me that Sam "Bad"ford will never be on Godgers level.

User Info: RE4_Fan

RE4_Fan
4 years ago#5
PotatoHog posted...
RE4_Fan posted...

Do it. =)

I won't do that.

Also, good luck on getting a pre-order now.

Well regardless I hope you're able to get yourself a system =)

Nah, I'll be fine probably won't even worry about a pre-order just meander on in to Big W or EB Games sometime during the day on Friday (whichever is cheapest/best deal, also my training course is within a 5 minute walk of both) and pick up a nice juicy system =P

User Info: ResidentECVX

ResidentECVX
4 years ago#6
I would go at least a day before launch, maybe bring a friend who wants one too.
My Video Games - http://users.ign.com/collection/ResidentECVX?objType=1
"If The Suspense Doesn't Kill You, Something Else Will!" - Resident Evil 2

User Info: Darrentg

Darrentg
4 years ago#7
If you live in a major metropolitan area than you should be getting in line before 12pm on the 17th if you want to have any hope of getting one from a retailer that's selling at midnight; and no later than 6pm for a retailer opening the morning of the 18th to sell them.

If you live in a smaller town it might be easier to score one, depending.
http://www.backloggery.com/darrentg
Shmup mecca: http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/27/list-games-Shmups-1-0-100-name-asc-0.htm
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Getting a Wii U without reserve

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived