Do you like Miis?

#21MotiJrPosted 11/11/2012 10:08:21 AM
I like the rustic style of them. Sure they aren't hyper realistic down to showing each hair follicle, but they have that Nintendo style ethos of function over style. Really, there isn't much need for realistic looking avatars but there is a need for avatars in general. The Miis fulfill this need without over doing it.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#22MeLikeyPiePosted 11/11/2012 10:26:00 AM
No, I don't really like them at all, they're quite annoying infact. If nintendo decided to do away with them entirely, I wouldn't shed a single tear.
---
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou
#23Steven010702Posted 11/11/2012 10:35:19 AM
It seems like I'm one of the few that likes Miis. I liked a lot of the options that the 360's avatar creation gave you, but I don't like the overall look of them for whatever odd reason. Like someone said in an earlier post, I don't believe they detract from anything, but just add too it. But then again, I have over 100 miis on my Wii. I thought they worked out well in Wii Sports Resort and Mario Kart Wii.
---
I lost the game!
#24NewavePosted 11/11/2012 10:35:32 AM
I like the ideas but not the execution. I like the mii contest where you try to make a mii that looks like something and then vote on the best looking ones, I also like just making custom characters, but like I said the execution of these ideas is lackluster and limited to the point where the potential is almost completely lost.

Some more customization options and being able to use them in more things than a handful of games and the mii contest would've been good.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB, XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#25Dark_Link92Posted 11/11/2012 10:47:18 AM
Pretty indifferent to them to be honest. I prefer their style over 360 avatars and the facial customisation, but I love the costumes and stuff you get on 360s. Mii Plaza hats were kind of cool, though.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#26littlelynn84Posted 11/11/2012 11:06:31 AM
Honestly, I like the IDEA of Miis. I feel it has potential.

I don't like the way they look though. The base design is just shoddy and ugly.
#27EvilmonsterPosted 11/11/2012 11:11:24 AM
I like them.

When they first came out who didn't like them? I remember having a lot of fun with the family making each other.

It's not supposed to really look like you... It's like a caricature. It just emphasizes your features to the point where it's recognizable. It's simple and fun...

If they made it have HD graphics it would take a really long time to make an avatar look like you and even then you will most likely be dissatisfied because it won't look like you, ever. Have you played with face customizations like Mass Effect/Dragon Age/etc? I can never get the faces to be like mine (Admittedly I'm Asian so it may be harder) so I usually just stick with the stock face because I always cringe looking at a face that I try to make look like me.
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
#28WideAwakePosted 11/11/2012 12:21:48 PM
I like em cuz they're simple. Xbox's are sweet but they try to resemble too much imo
---
"Okay, I need a violet one for domestic violence, a lime one for herpes, and a jade green one for how much I hate Kyle."