why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#1OtakuGameraPosted 11/11/2012 10:12:30 AM
list of problems with the wii U:

1. wii games does not upscale
2. wii games incompatible with gamepad or pro controller
3. does not come with basic AV cable out of the box
4. SD cards cannot store anything other than save games and maybe patches
5. cannot play DVD or bluray movies
6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life
7. region lock
8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

it's obvious nintendo is not putting in 100% into the wii U so why should you?

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#2EvilmonsterPosted 11/11/2012 10:13:51 AM
because i want one regardless of those cons?

why does apple sell crap and people still buy it?

not saying nintendo is apple because they're better than that... but the pros outway the cons immensely and most of those don't bother me.
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
#3SalsaSavantPosted 11/11/2012 10:15:26 AM
It feels like you're stretching to find something wrong.
The only thing that concerns me is the battery life, but you can play with it plugged in so it's not that big of a deal.
---
This is a sig.
People who agree: 11. People who Disagree:4
#4picanoPosted 11/11/2012 10:16:27 AM
P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

So... you're asking us to take all your complaints at face value without being able to discuss let alone debate your post? K.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 11/11/2012 10:16:39 AM
let me guess, if it came with AV cables instead of HDMI you would've used "stuck in the 90's" as a con instead?
#6spikejetedPosted 11/11/2012 10:18:23 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life
7. region lock
8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

I think you need a tampon
I sure hope you wrote one of these when the PS3 and 360 came out.

MAn I could do this about any and everything in the world. NOthing is perfect, NOthing. SOooooo, maybe you should just save your cash for the perfect system
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126
#7hyruler461Posted 11/11/2012 10:21:08 AM
None of those bother me at all. Even the DVD thing. I already got a DVD player/PS3/PC, if I want to watch one badly ill use one of them. I like the fact Nintendo is still trying to be a solely gaming device, whereas everything else is trying to do everything possible in the media world.
#8LinetrixPosted 11/11/2012 10:22:04 AM
I sure hope you wrote one of these when the PS3 and 360 came out.

Except not. And they were released 6 years ago. Some tech is cheaper and a lot more today. But Nintendo still thinks this is 2002.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#9SpacedDuckPosted 11/11/2012 10:22:31 AM
haha okay just because you said don't quote the list you made and argue why not I'm sure people will listen and just let you have your opinion and allow theirs to not be stated.

Allow me to get the ball rolling chump

I'm not buying a brand new system to play Wii games. Also the 360 didn't upscale Xbox games and I don't believe the PS3 upscaled PS2 games.

2. wii games incompatible with gamepad or pro controller -

Again, didn't buy a Wii U to play Wii games. Keep your old Wii if you want to play these games....sheesh.

3. does not come with basic AV cable out of the box -

It's an HD system as was the last gen. If you're still playing on an SDTV why should Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony all cater to you? You're a fool if you still own an SDTV. HDMI is more than enough to come with a system for like 90% of the market. You're the flaw not the cable provided.

4. SD cards cannot store anything other than save games and maybe patches. You have either 32gigs or 8 gigs plus the ability to purchase a cheap external HD or USB stick. So basically shut up.

You can't even rent movies anymore as basically all the rental places went bankrupt and I already own a PS3 and 360 to play my movies. If you don't own a DVD player currently or Blu Ray player then this issues doesn't matter as that likely also means you have no content to play.

6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life.

It's a handheld that lets you play an HD game on it in close proximity to the system while the TV is being used for other things. I rarely play for 3+ hours in one sitting. If I happen to get low on battery.....I'll plug it in like any other device and continue to enjoy.

7. region lock -.............SERIOUSLY?

Lack of info? There's tons of it man.....

Here's my list of things I wonder why we let you get away with. Don't bother listing them and arguing though.

1. Lack of brain
2. Lack of brain
3. Lack of brain
4. You remind me of those times in life when I step on gum
5. Lack of brain.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#10dennis941012Posted 11/11/2012 10:22:41 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

7. region lock

1&2 If you own wii games you own a wii
3 If you own wii you get AV cable + BUY THE HD TV I got mine for $100 during a sale http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E221VA-22-Inch-Class-Razor/dp/B007QWF9GK/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1352657831&sr=8-12&keywords=tv
4 external hard drive > SD cards Price wise 128gb SD = 2000gb EHD
5 360 and PS3 had crappy dvd/blueray quality inserted for no reason + homebrew
6 Will be using wii mote/controller more then tablet anyway
7 homebrew
8 What problems?
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
My favorite person on the board--->http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123