why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#101Halo05Posted 11/11/2012 5:50:06 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
let me guess, if it came with AV cables instead of HDMI you would've used "stuck in the 90's" as a con instead?

Indeed.

I feel like the original post is certainly a troll post, so I realize that I'm biting when I shouldn't but thank god Nintendo is doing what companies should have been doing since... 2008ish and putting HDMI cables in the box as the standard.
---
ssb has bean the best fighting game series ever since its was frist realized.
-podoftimmy
#102youngbroPosted 11/11/2012 5:59:25 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
list of problems with the wii U:

1. wii games does not upscale
2. wii games incompatible with gamepad or pro controller
3. does not come with basic AV cable out of the box
4. SD cards cannot store anything other than save games and maybe patches
5. cannot play DVD or bluray movies
6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life
7. region lock
8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

it's obvious nintendo is not putting in 100% into the wii U so why should you?

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

ps2 games didnt really upscale on ps3 either
play something like redsteel with the gamepad
old console didnt come with HDTV cables
what do you want them to store full games? wiiware will most likely work
its not a HEC (home entertainment console) like ps3 and xbox are
and what has a insanly long battery life and streams, controls and gyros at the same time wirelessly?
theres nothing we can do about this, PS3 has this but then that requires different types of firmware coding
i agree, but if you are a gamer you know about this, and if your not then it shouldnt apply to you.
---
Darkness is power. Offer your soul or I will Izuna Drop you
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr
#103chstarPosted 11/11/2012 6:02:43 PM
it's a valid question though, how can nintendo get away with making a new console that has a poor online showing in this day in age. Honestly that fact alone is what's keeping from getting a Wii U.
#104EighthAwakeningPosted 11/11/2012 6:04:03 PM
Because i want Smash Bros 4.
#105Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 11/11/2012 6:32:33 PM(edited)
It's not going to ruin the Wii U for me. While I would love to have this cool option, but like many this generation, I'll gladly move on to the next generation with hope for better third party support with crystal clear visuals.

Firstly, they weren't designed to work with them, but I kinda understand what you mean. Donkey Kong Country Returns weren't made for the Classic Controller, but thanks to talented fans/hackers, it's now possible through a hack. For now, just keep your old controllers for Wii games. Nintendo often brings up how a lot of their audience will already have old controllers, and they're right for many of us.
This problem didn't bother most of those moving from the original Xbox to the Xbox 360 since they won't work without some unofficial workaround.

People were complaining that the PS3 didn't come with Component cables when it launched. No one will be satisfied, but everyone can't all have the same television setups. Some will use component cables, some uses S-video, there's the HDMI crowd, the composite cables, and even some who goes through the trouble to get things working with a 3rd-party RF switch.
To me, Wii U coming with HDMI cables shows Nintendo means serious business when it comes to HD, even though they're 6-7 years late to the party. You can still use your old Wii's AV cables with Wii U.

That's what hard drives are for. A 128GB SD card costs about the same as a 3TB external USB hard drive, which is MUCH larger than even Xbox 360's largest proprietary hard drive.

Xbox 360's largest Hard drive (320GB):
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-320GB-Hard-Drive/dp/B005PSTV2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352679879&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+360+320gb+hard+drive

Seagate Expansion 3 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive STBV3000100
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STBV3000100/dp/B00834SJU8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352679959&sr=8-1&keywords=3+tb+external+hard+drive

That's 3TB...THREE frickin' terabytes! 3,072 GB!

SanDisk Extreme 128 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDX-128G-X46:
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Class-Memory-SDSDX-128G-X46/dp/B00720TE1M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352680246&sr=1-1&keywords=sandisk+128gb+sd+card

At those prices, there's clearly no need for a large-sized SD card. Plus, there's no guarantee that SDXC cards will work with Wii U, but even if it did, you'll be getting a much better deal just buying an external USB hard drive.

This was never truly a problem with Nintendo in the past, some would think, but DVD playback may had been what helped the PS2 sell so well. Unfortunately, that's not the case with PSP (UMD), PS3 (bluray) or Xbox 360 (HD-DVD).
Remember, officially, the Wii and DS had no way to play movies on disc, and both outsold everything else.
Wii U will support popular online video services, which is terrific.

6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life
Playing while charging doesn't hurt the battery. Plus the charge cable is about 9-10 feet long.

7. region lock
It's a problem for some, but it's nothing new.
I'd prefer a region-free system, which is why I fully support hackers that breaks this barrier.

8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems
Everyone's going to have their differences. Some may think Wii U is great for them.
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
SSBB: 3652-6261-7096 + Mario Kart Wii: 2707-7247-9079 + Samurai Warriors 3: 0346-6035-0276
#106TheLightsAreOnPosted 11/11/2012 6:43:30 PM
Linetrix posted...
7. So?

Oh look, another brainwashed drone that thinks region lock is a cool thing.

Since every Nintendo home system has been region locked for the past 30 odd years, this IS a non issue.

The 3DS region lock on the other hand... that was a bitter pill.
#107overkillwfo1978Posted 11/11/2012 6:43:44 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

what console has upscaled resolution from 480 to 720? to date all I know of are emulators that do that.

this does kind of suck, but then again, how many Wii games do I plan on playing with my Wii U? Maybe Xenoblade Chronicles and a Zelda game....

LOL what is "basic AV cable"? I've been using HDMI for over 5 years now...

who cares? I will have a 1 TB HD hooked up to my system day 1, man you must be broke with these questions....

again. LOL. All my movies, HD or not are in digital format and I have 8000 ways to play them as is. Who watches movies on a disc anymore? Did you pull these questions from 2005?

nature of the "new tech" beast. First controller with a screen. I'll deal with it

7. region lock

I have never cared about this. Ever. Won't start now

now you are just trolling. of course there are going to be bugs to work out with a new system. When is this not the case. Still it is a new system and I've played it and enjoyed the hell out of it. I'll take the good with the bad

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

don't tell me not to do something, because that makes me want to do it that much more

---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#108Devil_wings00Posted 11/11/2012 6:48:19 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

7. region lock

1) ya that sucks

2) Well considering they would have to go back to every single wii game and completely redesign them from top to bottom to fit standard controls....of course it doesn't work work with wii games that are motion controlled. I mean I guess they could try to add something that lets you map controls but if you have ever used dolphin it's frustratingly complicated for a lot titles.

3) Who gives a flying F*** it's 2012. buy an HDTV like the rest of the modern world. I saw a sony in a flyer the other day for 250 bucks 1080p 32 inch. If you can manage to save for a Wii U then you can save for a low end HDTV.

4) Why would you want to store things on notoriously faulty storage media like an SD card? Use an external HDD or cannibalize an old computer HDD and buy a cheap usb 2 enclosure for it (seriously like 10-20 bucks). Damn near everyone has an old HDD lying around in a closest somewhere.

5) Seriously you don't have a DVD player in 2012? If you want BR so bad then go out and buy a player on your own. The world is moving away from physical media anyway this is hardly a big deal.

6) I agree that's not very good at all. They should fix that.

7) Most people don't import so this effects an infinitesimally small minority. It sucks but it hardly a big deal for 99% of people who will never be playing a PAL game.

8) Don't buy it on day one and wait a month then you will have all the info you need.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#109IlikeBacon16Posted 11/11/2012 6:51:46 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

7. region lock

1. I don't care.
2. Of coure they aren't. They were never programmed to be compatible.
3. Awesome. One less thing I have to throw into some drawer.
4. 32 GB will last me a looong time. So then I'll buy a super cheap USB drive? cool.
5. I have never bought a movie in my life. I never will.
6. It's 3-5 hours. and the GamePad is going to be fine plugged into the wall while I play. Battery goes down with charges. Same with EVERYTHING.
7. Don't care.
8. ummm. There are some things we don't have info on, but we know like 90% of the info. What the hell are you talking about?

Not sure if you're serious. Pretty sure you aren't. 7 more days until I get this amazing system! ^_^
#110El_DustinoPosted 11/11/2012 6:54:22 PM
TheLightsAreOn posted...
Linetrix posted...
7. So?

Oh look, another brainwashed drone that thinks region lock is a cool thing.

Since every Nintendo home system has been region locked for the past 30 odd years, this IS a non issue.

The 3DS region lock on the other hand... that was a bitter pill.

I don't see how that makes it a non issue at all. It's just an issue that has been around for way to long.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.