why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#111jing0000Posted 11/11/2012 7:02:24 PM
Most of these are valid complaints..Still getting a Wii U myself..I've made it a point to get the PS3 360 and WII, and will buy each new one as it comes out as well. I like having all of the options open to me..but the WII U has a very large number of cons to it. and sadly many of these are perfectly valid despite the efforts to defend it...does not look as bad as the VITA does *though comparing a hand held to a console should not be done.....can't imagine what sort of problems would plague a microsoft handheld.*
---
none
#112Dark_AbaddonPosted 11/11/2012 7:08:28 PM
1. dont care
2. yes that is stupid
3. decreases cost/loss nintendo takes; most people have an HD TV
4. yes that is also stupid, but hard drives are better
5. hopefully someone makes a program that allows for this (I'd pay up to $30 for it)
6. I thought they fixed the battery life deterioration problem in modern batteries, but I have no source to confirm this, still does suck
7. if devs located everything this wouldn't be a problem... sadly they dont, and it is.
8. I am sure people will find more problems after release too. that is just normal...
---
Me: my posts, now with 100% more signature
Hades: I liked it better when your posts had 100% less signature...
#113TechniMyokoPosted 11/11/2012 7:28:02 PM
SpacedDuck posted...
haha okay just because you said don't quote the list you made and argue why not I'm sure people will listen and just let you have your opinion and allow theirs to not be stated.

Allow me to get the ball rolling chump

1. wii games does not upscale

I'm not buying a brand new system to play Wii games. Also the 360 didn't upscale Xbox games and I don't believe the PS3 upscaled PS2 games.

Both ps3 and 360 upscale their prev gens games
#114DarkMagisterPosted 11/11/2012 7:35:40 PM
Anclation posted...
Because most of the stuff you list isn't actually a big deal, and the pros far outweigh the cons?

And just what are all the pros? Other than this is what the Wii should have been?
---
"I'm Only Bias When I Dont Like A Game You Like"
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1793051
#115overkillwfo1978Posted 11/11/2012 7:36:55 PM
TechniMyoko posted...
SpacedDuck posted...
haha okay just because you said don't quote the list you made and argue why not I'm sure people will listen and just let you have your opinion and allow theirs to not be stated.

Allow me to get the ball rolling chump

1. wii games does not upscale

I'm not buying a brand new system to play Wii games. Also the 360 didn't upscale Xbox games and I don't believe the PS3 upscaled PS2 games.

Both ps3 and 360 upscale their prev gens games

They do not upscale to 720/1080p though. The change in graphics is almost unnoticable on the 360. The PS3 has not had a backwards compatible model at all for years. So, once again, false info on GameFaqs. No surprise
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#116motorazrv3xxxPosted 11/11/2012 7:40:59 PM
The fanboys sure are downplaying a lot of these in an attempt to defend Mama Nintendo lol.
---
I'm Elite, bro.
My GameFaqs status said so.
#117crunchb3rryPosted 11/11/2012 7:59:33 PM
Nintendo is getting away with it because they don't care what consumers want. All they feel obligated to do is kick you all a traditional Zelda or Mario game every half decade.

Nintendo isn't worth defending, no matter how much stock you put in nostalgia.
#118Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 11/11/2012 8:03:17 PM
People will get the wii-u for new hd nintendo games like mario,zelda,kirby,donkey kong,pokemon, metriod,pikmin 3,wario ware, new mario kart game,new super smash bros game, and hopefully a new star fox and f-zero game.

/Topic.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 2) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 3) Final Fantasy 9. 4) Final Fantasy 10. 5) Star Fox 64.
#119Enigma149Posted 11/11/2012 8:05:48 PM
motorazrv3xxx posted...
The fanboys sure are downplaying a lot of these in an attempt to defend Mama Nintendo lol.

ITP: If you defend Nintendo for including an HDMI cable instead of a Composite Cable, even if you're going to use HDMI and including the Composite Cable would've cost you more money, you are a Nintendo fanboy. Oh, and let's not forget that if you don't care if your system can play DVDs, Blu-Rays, Video CDs, and Laserdiscs, you are also a fanboy.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#120Pinoy441Posted 11/11/2012 8:08:42 PM
Region lock does not matter unless you import games from japan, which if you already do you should already have an imported japanese Wii U

Most games that aren't released outside of the US are JP games

No one has ever heard of a EU game that hasn't released outside of EU that was even worth being imported to begin with
---
*grabs popcorn*