why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#121gwest40Posted 11/11/2012 7:10:25 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
list of problems with the wii U:

5. cannot play DVD or bluray movies

Who watches movies on a disc anymore?

Uh, a lot of people? Good job posting an ignorant question and speaking as if you know everybody else. People still do watch movies on disc. If they didn't, then places like Redbox and Blockbuster would not be here and formats like DVD and Blu-Ray would have died a long time ago. Digital downloads have not completely taken over, yet and they won't for a very long time.
#122Enigma149Posted 11/11/2012 7:10:40 PM
Pinoy441 posted...
Region lock does not matter unless you import games from japan, which if you already do you should already have an imported japanese Wii U

Most games that aren't released outside of the US are JP games

No one has ever heard of a EU game that hasn't released outside of EU that was even worth being imported to begin with

Well, there's Pandora's Tower...but then again, since it's so easy to region-mod a Wii, that's not really an issue.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#123overkillwfo1978Posted 11/11/2012 7:17:57 PM
gwest40 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

Uh, a lot of people? Good job posting an ignorant question and speaking as if you know everybody else. People still do watch movies on disc. If they didn't, then places like Redbox and Blockbuster would not be here and formats like DVD and Blu-Ray would have died a long time ago. Digital downloads have not completely taken over, yet and they won't for a very long time.

I would have cried about no DVD playback in 2003. How broke are you people?

So, let me get this straight, you DON'T have a DVD player? You actually NEED the Wii-U to play your DVDs? That is hilarious. Or even worse, you have Blu-rays but no place to play them yet? lol.

I bought the 360 in 2006 and didn't even care then if it played any disc movies or not. Get with the times. The Wii-U is a video game system in the year 2012. You should really join this decade. Technology advancement is a great thing.
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#124Baha05Posted 11/11/2012 7:20:41 PM
would have cried about no DVD playback in 2003. How broke are you people?

So, let me get this straight, you DON'T have a DVD player? You actually NEED the Wii-U to play your DVDs? That is hilarious. Or even worse, you have Blu-rays but no place to play them yet? lol.

I bought the 360 in 2006 and didn't even care then if it played any disc movies or not. Get with the times. The Wii-U is a video game system in the year 2012. You should really join this decade. Technology advancement is a great thing.

Hell you can buy a cheap DVD player for what? 20 bucks?
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#125El_ZaggyPosted 11/11/2012 7:22:12 PM
When it's nintendo or apple fans dont care, they gonna buy anything without thiinking and without admitting the truth.

As for me I find it pathetic not to admit the truth, the console have many problems and it's not even out yet. But people have still preordered it and are planning to buy one even if they didnt try or and saw in in action before buying it.

Would you buy a brand new car without trying it even if you know it has problems ? I dont think so. Why do it with a game console then ?
#126overkillwfo1978Posted 11/11/2012 7:22:21 PM
Baha05 posted...
would have cried about no DVD playback in 2003. How broke are you people?

Hell you can buy a cheap DVD player for what? 20 bucks?

The funny thing about these anti-Nintendo trolls is that they always talk about their systems having the pinnacle of technology and the best graphics and whatnot and then whine and cry about DVD playback and AV cables.... it's lol-tastic.
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#127El_ZaggyPosted 11/11/2012 7:28:40 PM
gwest40 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

you miss the point. if the wii u could play dvd, you could just take your dvd player out of its place, take make more space for other audio-video devices.

Personnally I have no space anymore in my living room near the tv. I would be nice if the Wii u were able to play dvd and blurays sor i could just get some stuff out.

That decision from nintendo puts the wii u again in last place of the consoles, like they did with the wii.

Dont deny it, the more a console do stuff, the better it is.Saying the opposite would be a blatant lie
#128Enigma149Posted 11/11/2012 7:30:28 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
gwest40 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

you miss the point. if the wii u could play dvd, you could just take your dvd player out of its place, take make more space for other audio-video devices.

Personnally I have no space anymore in my living room near the tv. I would be nice if the Wii u were able to play dvd and blurays sor i could just get some stuff out.

That decision from nintendo puts the wii u again in last place of the consoles, like they did with the wii.

Dont deny it, the more a console do stuff, the better it is.Saying the opposite would be a blatant lie

Let me get this straight - of all the potential issues, you pick the Wii's inability to play DVDs as the reason it's "in last place"? Nevermind that, what with selling the most and making the most profit, the Wii is far from last place, but still...
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#129overkillwfo1978Posted 11/11/2012 7:31:04 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
When it's nintendo or apple fans dont care, they gonna buy anything without thiinking and without admitting the truth.

As for me I find it pathetic not to admit the truth, the console have many problems and it's not even out yet. But people have still preordered it and are planning to buy one even if they didnt try or and saw in in action before buying it.

Would you buy a brand new car without trying it even if you know it has problems ? I dont think so. Why do it with a game console then ?

.... and Sony fans pre-order Sony consoles and Microsoft fans pre-order MS consoles. Samsung Galaxy fans are there day one for the phone on release day. EVERY company has people that believe in their products. I have bought every single Nintendo console at or near launch for the last 28 years and have never had a problem.

Comparing buying a car and buying a game console is just facepalm territory. I "test drove" the Wii-U at GameStop. Worked like a charm and I'm not spending 15,000 on my Wii-U.
---
#130SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/11/2012 7:31:12 PM
El_Zaggy posted...

looks like pre-orders are suddenly bad not that it's Nintendo. Some have tested it you know in the store with the kiosks and they still liked it, go figure. There were also Wii-U experience tours.

People pre-ordered 360. so with the RRoD problems I am sure when the 720 comes out you will be the voice of reason telling everyone not to buy it and wait to see if there any problems right.