why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#141Leitchy117Posted 11/11/2012 9:40:22 PM
I'm with TC on this one.
---
"Get out of your topic." - Eixrer
"Vuroja can only hope to be as manly as Sir Graav someday." -LucaGoers
#142MotoidarPosted 11/11/2012 9:49:34 PM
TC: Because this is Gamefaqs. And I've about had enough of what this place has become.
---
QX9650@3.6GHz | EVGA GTX 580 | 8GB DDR2 | X-fi XtremeGamer 5.1 | 27" 3D LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
#143Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 11/11/2012 10:14:24 PM
Pinoy441 posted...
Region lock does not matter unless you import games from japan, which if you already do you should already have an imported japanese Wii U

Most games that aren't released outside of the US are JP games

No one has ever heard of a EU game that hasn't released outside of EU that was even worth being imported to begin with

Why spend money on another console just to play games of another region, when one console can be created to play them all?

There are plenty of Japan-only games that can still be enjoyed without much knowledge of the Japanese language. When you speak this way, you make it seem like you just don't care about those games, which is fine, but please understand that there are lots of games for others to enjoy from outside of their home country.

For Japan, there's the Taiko no Tatsujin series, Densha de Go - Shinkansen EX (I play the series all the time on all of my other consoles and pc), Puyo Puyo games (why did they stop releasing them here?), Bleach Versus Crusade (MUUUUCH better than that wagglefest that we got in Shattered Blade), the Japanese versions of Just Dance games & Dance Dance Revolution games (for those who want a different soundtrack than the western versions), Fatal Frame 4 (which has an actual, complete English translation), and much more.

Segoku Basara 3 Utage and Sengoku Musou 3 Moushouden are expansion games to our Segoku Basara and Samurai Warriors games that were never released outside of Japan, so some fans may want to play those as well, even if they are Japanese. Sengoku Musou 2 Heroes (double pack and sequel to Devil Kings in the West) are also available exclusively for Japan, and was never localized. Japanese is the only way to play them.

Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special, the last Naruto game of its kind -- those who want to more of the Clash of Ninja series have the option to import this game.

Metal Slug Complete in Japan is the same game as Metal Slug Anthology in the West, except you can now use the D-Pad on Gamecube controllers and has full Classic Controller Support. The Actual games are fully playable and completely in English (like most neo geo arcade games), and only the interview and some of the options menus are in Japanese. Having the d-pad is so much nicer. Classic controller options should have been in for other regions from the very start.

Milestone Shooting Collection 2 has all three games from our version called Ultimate Shooting Collection (Chaos Field, Radio Allergy, and Karous), but with an additional 2 games (Radio Allergy: Noir and Illvelo).
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
SSBB: 3652-6261-7096 + Mario Kart Wii: 2707-7247-9079 + Samurai Warriors 3: 0346-6035-0276
#144Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 11/11/2012 10:14:33 PM
In some PAL regions, there are some good games that are completely in English, but were never released in North America, like Project Zero 2: Wii Edition, Disaster: Day of Crisis (which plays a lot like Winback & Gunslinger Girl), Pandora's Tower, One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 1 & 2, and many more.
There's also Beat the Beat Rhythm Paradise (Rhythm Heaven), which has both an English and Japanese soundtrack (for those who want them).

For those who really like point & click-type adventures games on a home console will find Captain Morgane & the Golden Turtle, So Blonde: Back to the Island, Another Code: R - A Journey into Lost Memories (great game), Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle, Case Closed: One Truth Prevails - The Mirapolis Investigation, and The Crown of Midas can all be played in English from PAL regions and aren't available in North America.

To say that there's nothing worth importing from is silly. There's plenty.
With DS there's a LOT of games outiside North America that's totally worth importing. The selections are huge, since there was far more support for it. One game that should be checked out is Last Window. For those who gave Hotel Dusk Room 215 a chance and liked it, please look into Last Window. Unfortunately, it's the last game we'll get from Cing, since they are now defunct. Their last offering was a great one.
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
SSBB: 3652-6261-7096 + Mario Kart Wii: 2707-7247-9079 + Samurai Warriors 3: 0346-6035-0276
#145hypermoePosted 11/11/2012 10:18:24 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
list of problems with the wii U:

1. wii games does not upscale
2. wii games incompatible with gamepad or pro controller
3. does not come with basic AV cable out of the box
4. SD cards cannot store anything other than save games and maybe patches
5. cannot play DVD or bluray movies
6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life
7. region lock
8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

it's obvious nintendo is not putting in 100% into the wii U so why should you?

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

Im sorry but im going to do it anyway:

1 & 2 I personally dont care for, as its not needed. plus with 2 it would be impossible unless there was some way to update the game as well. i would be surprised if they rerelease wii titles for the WiiU.

3. i can understand assuming you dont have an hd tv. again though like with 1 and 2 i dont care. i have an hd tv, and hey its better than them probably charging a butt load of money if we bought it seperate.

4. thats perfectly fine. i mean i dont expect having an SD card to do so much as save actual games, because whats stopping others from just saving games and giving them away for free thus devs not getting there money for their games.

5. Thank goodness. i never understood why people want this on their system. i would assume everyone has at least a dvd player, i only got a bluray player because of the ps3. plus i rather it not have a dvd/bluray player since that only bumps up the cost.

6. And this is bad how? i mean did you assume the tablet could stay working for days on end? i see no problem with this on account that you can use it while charging. so whats the problem?

7. About the only thing i agree with you on. Region Locking while i understand its stupid from a gamer perspective. Seeing how not all games will get localized why withhold games i could easily enjoy, but Nintendo (or whoever) does want to localize it.

8. all the more to get excited for it. If i get too much information the system would get dull and boring. if they dont release every bit of information then when we actually get the system and toy with it we can see for ourselves.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#146huyiPosted 11/11/2012 10:29:37 PM
Linetrix posted...
Hahahaha, look at all the brainwashed drones defending region lock.

They will find every reason to disagree with everything LOL
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#147crunchb3rryPosted 11/11/2012 10:47:37 PM
"Why would I buy a GAME CONSOLE just to watch MOVIES?"

I did. Bought the PS3 because it was the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market at the time, and had more user controls/settings than a standalone player offered. Which was pretty much a major element of Sony's strategy.

I think the point is they're not "game consoles" so much anymore. All of them have Netflix, Youtube, etc. Not something I'm particularly happy about. The Xbox looks like a huge advertisement, with the actual "system" portions of the dash taking up the least real estate. A tiny little Metro pane to launch the game you want to play, and a massive one telling you what game you should be playing.
#148wonton2112Posted 11/11/2012 10:50:10 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

You want SD cables AND wii game upscaling... /facepalm
#149dragon_suplex_xPosted 11/12/2012 12:12:52 AM
wonton2112 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

You want SD cables AND wii game upscaling... /facepalm

I was waiting for someone to finally point that out and end this argument.
---
But I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know.
PSN vertigoink