why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#21StickMen1090Posted 11/11/2012 11:43:00 AM
because none of this affects me in any way
#22philster2Posted 11/11/2012 12:01:06 PM
By the way, Ps3 does upscale Ps2 games and they look damn good. If you play Tomb Raider Legend or Chronicles on the Ps2 in your Ps3, with progressive scan and the upscale on, they look as good as Ps3 games nearly, no joke. Of course you only know this if you have the original 60gb Ps3 like me...
#23OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 12:03:42 PM
you can argue if 1-8 is not a problem for you, personally 1,3,5 is not a problem for me, i have a LED monitor with HDMI input and i dont use my consoles to play movies, the point im trying to make here is nintendo isnt even trying, they just dont care. the same with apple, they dont care if their customers get the best possible device, just upgrade it slightly and let the marketing do all the talk.
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#24AzureKillerDXPosted 11/11/2012 12:08:05 PM
6 is kind of annoying and 7 makes me want to kill them, but the other things i don't really care about...
#25EastCoastKodyPosted 11/11/2012 12:14:45 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
because none of this affects me in any way

exactly.
#26Dark_Link92Posted 11/11/2012 12:17:48 PM
Such a trivial list of crap. 1/10 would not read again.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#27Starwars4JPosted 11/11/2012 12:18:40 PM
Did TC say a single thing that was actually factually correct?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#28SnackasaurusPosted 11/11/2012 12:19:20 PM
I'm not letting them get away with anything. There are games I wanna play that can only be played on Wii U and, like the Wii, i'm interested in seeing how novel the gamepad can make playing games to keep things fresh. Gaming has become about as stagnant as it can get and the Wii U can help with that. Plus Nintendo's back of the line when it comes to feeling screwed from gaming companies.
#29LinetrixPosted 11/11/2012 12:25:49 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Did TC say a single thing that was actually factually correct?

What exactly did he say that was wrong? The region lock? He is right.

The inability to play DVD or Blu-ray movies? He is right.

Not being able to use SD cards? He is right.

The Wii U not upscaling Wii games? He is right.

In fact, he is right about everything. You truly are the worst NDF member. So easily refuted.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#30hawkeye 41Posted 11/11/2012 12:30:15 PM
I've never done this before, but I'm bored so I'll give it a try.

1. wii games does not upscale

They will display at the resolutions they were designed to be displayed at. If they were upscaled that could create problems in the way some games are displayed.

2. wii games incompatible with gamepad or pro controller

They were never designed to be complatible those input methods.

3. does not come with basic AV cable out of the box

If it didn't come with HDMI you would complain too.

4. SD cards cannot store anything other than save games and maybe patches

Not true. SD cards and drives plugged in via USB can save almost everything(I don't think it can save user accounts, but I'm not sure on that). I'm not sure where you got this info from.

5. cannot play DVD or bluray movies

You can get a decent bluray player for like $50 these days which is probably how much more we would pay to have the ability to play them on the console and they probably wouldn't even play very well.

6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life

Depends on the method of charging that is used and how the battery is designed, besides all batteries deteriorate with use no matter what.

7. region lock

It doesn't effect most people, but if it effects you I understand this one.

8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

What problems? I haven't read any problems with the system. And the only info that hasn't been talked about yet isn't anything important.

it's obvious nintendo is not putting in 100% into the wii U so why should you?

Actually Nintendo is putting 100% into it. I'm sure they considered everything you listed but for certain reasons they decided not to include those features.

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

You knew everyone was going to quote you anyways. :P
---
Welcome to The Wonderful World of Hawkeye41's Grammar!
Wii FC: 4505 7266 2287 1223