why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#31RetroFanGirlPosted 11/11/2012 12:31:14 PM
If you 'need' basic AV cables, you should hold off on the Wii U and get an HDTV, you can find modest sized ones for cheaper than this system...

Region locking the console is annoying though.
---
http://imgur.com/1rQCf
^GameFAQs itself is trolling me.
#32LodissPosted 11/11/2012 12:32:34 PM
3 hours battery life (if true) is unacceptable when my iPad runs for like seven hours straight without charging.

It's not a deal breaker for me, but it does suck and I'm not fanboy enough to deny it.
---
You were indicted.
#33LinetrixPosted 11/11/2012 12:34:06 PM
Lodiss posted...
3 hours battery life (if true) is unacceptable when my iPad runs for like seven hours straight without charging.

It's not a deal breaker for me, but it does suck and I'm not fanboy enough to deny it.

It was already confirmed by Nintendo. They are using cheap tech to make it as less expensive as possible. The funny part is that all the processing is done by the Wii U, not the Upad. And yet, the thing only lasts 3-5 hours. Pathetic, really.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#34darkjedilinkPosted 11/11/2012 12:39:07 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
list of problems with the wii U:

1. wii games does not upscale
2. wii games incompatible with gamepad or pro controller

It's called 100% compatibility. Get over it.

3. does not come with basic AV cable out of the box

Get a TV that doesn't suck.

4. SD cards cannot store anything other than save games and maybe patches

So? They've been saying for months to use a USB harddrive for game installs. Do you not listen?

5. cannot play DVD or bluray movies

You mean, you're angry that you don't have to pay an extra $100 to play movies worse than items you already own, on a device you'll likely have never played said movies on in the first place?

6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life

Charging while playing doesn't deteriorate battery life. lrn2technology.

7. region lock

What? The newest Nintendo console is region-locked, just like almost every console in existence other than the PS3?

8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

What "lack of info?" What don't we know? You seem to be the only person who's surprised by any of this stuff.

Responses in bold.

it's obvious nintendo is not putting in 100% into the wii U so why should you?

It's obvious you have no clue as to what you're talking about.

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

Stop telling me what to do.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#35pikachupwnagePosted 11/11/2012 12:54:45 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life
7. region lock
8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

So err basically your saying we aren't allowed to disagree with your post? And some of those aren't even remotely close to being a 'problem"

Okay troll go back under your bridge.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#36shdwdrgnixPosted 11/11/2012 1:02:13 PM
Just because I feel like it.
The first 5 are just stuff that doesn't even matter because most games on the Wii are not worth playing. Also the DVD/Blu-rayplayer exists for a reason. Also what do you need the SD card for besides save games?

6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deteriates battery life

*plugs in adapter* there problem solved

7. region lock

Just buy another Wii U from another region, no big deal.

8. lack of info even though it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

What info are you asking for?

Because it might become the best console ever made

I'll keep that in mind.
#37Latino_KingPosted 11/11/2012 1:11:03 PM
I agree with the criticisms that the TC pointed out. The Wii U is simply too much of a flawed system to justify the hefty price tag that it comes wih.
---
AKA 305_King
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius
#38URAlsrPosted 11/11/2012 1:17:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#39MarioGalaxy2Posted 11/11/2012 1:19:30 PM
I think the biggest problem is the implementation of Wii mode.

I'm fine going there to play Wii games and VC games.

I think going to the Wii shop to get WiiWare and Virtual console separate from the Wii U e-shop made things more complicated then it has to be.

Especially if its 2 separate currencies. I was really hoping for implementation similar to 3DS eshop.
---
My Fan Made Starter Pokemon www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKoeZ8z98Bo
#40shinra35800Posted 11/11/2012 1:20:56 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

7. region lock

1. don't care. there was no upscaling in the good old days. it doesn't bother me.
2. it won't have classic wii ports so one can use old controllers?
4. no pirating for juuuuuuuu
5. who cares. other consoles have it. we don't need more unessessary features on everything. i would prefer if ps3 only had game stuff and not youtube, music, facebook, and all that other unnessessary crap.
6. the ds and 3ds's battery life doesn't deteriorate because it stops charging and shuts the connection once it's full. Unlike the wiimote. I hope the gamepad uses the handheld technology and not the wiimote's.
7. don't care, i'm not japanese.
8. i agree that the launch titles are probably lacking for i've not heard anything (games) advertised. only the system.