why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#41FEAddictPosted 11/11/2012 1:21:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#42Sol_ClydePosted 11/11/2012 1:24:05 PM
1)It plays Wii games. That's good enough.

2)Duh?

3)Most people don't need it.

4)Doesn't matters since we can use HDD for everything else.

5)Nobody needs a DVD player nowadays. In fact only stupid people waste money on bluray with the current technology allowing us to watch HD movies through other CHEAPER services and methods.

6)The deteriorate battery life thing is BS.

7)Now this is indeed a problem and I wish they stopped doing that. But all points out eventually other companies will do it as well.

8) There's more than enough info. Don't blame us if you only read articles that bash Nintendo.

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem.

We'll quote and we'll argue. That's what message boards are for. Cry some more plz.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#43boring_namePosted 11/11/2012 1:28:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#441shadetail1Posted 11/11/2012 1:33:26 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
list of problems with the wii U:

1. wii games does not upscale
2. wii games incompatible with gamepad or pro controller
3. does not come with basic AV cable out of the box
4. SD cards cannot store anything other than save games and maybe patches
5. cannot play DVD or bluray movies
6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life
7. region lock
8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

1. With a decent cable and TV, they look fine.
2. That's what all those Wii Remotes and Classic Controllers you have are for.
3. If you really need them, you can go out and buy high quality ones for $15, or cheap ones for $3. Anyway, you'd probably be whining if it *did* come with an A/V cable instead of HDMI.
4. USB hard drives or the internal flash memory would be better than any SD card.
5. It would be more expensive, cause the disc drive to wear out faster, and still be lower quality playback than a cheap $30-$50 player you could buy off the shelf.
6. That's not how modern rechargeable batteries work. Besides which, you should never play longer than an hour or two without taking a break.
7. So what?
8. We know plenty. You just need to start paying attention.

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem.

Try to stop me. Just because you've decided these are problems doesn't make it so.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#45Final Fantasy2389Posted 11/11/2012 1:37:50 PM
P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

lol stopped caring about this topic.
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/MQgbcu | http://bit.ly/Lw3HJz | http://bit.ly/RQBee0
#46SuperFlipPosted 11/11/2012 1:50:59 PM
What does anger me, is that you listed the lack of DVD player as a NEGATIVE thing.

Be realistic, anybody who wants to play DVD has like 5-6 devices capable of doing that in their home already, and there's no point forcing us to pay extra for it when we don't need it at all. It's annoying that people like you are trying to turn consoles into multitasking entertainment systems, which I really don't want. I bet people like you complained that the NES couldn't play vinyl records as well...
---
Playing : WoW, and TAS:Sonic Spinball 100%
See quote for Friends Codes
#47AnclationPosted 11/11/2012 2:06:00 PM
Because most of the stuff you list isn't actually a big deal, and the pros far outweigh the cons?
#48ArmorWolf01Posted 11/11/2012 2:11:10 PM
Its Nintendo, I love there games and the company itself? I enjoy playing Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin and etc. Its good to see the company stepping up and growing in terms of graphics, HD and 3rd party support? I want to be a part of that growth and help support them?
---
"When a man talks dirty to a woman its sexual harassment but when a woman talks dirty to a man its $4.95 a minute."
#49GoIdenAcePosted 11/11/2012 2:11:55 PM
hyruler461 posted...
None of those bother me at all. Even the DVD thing. I already got a DVD player/PS3/PC, if I want to watch one badly ill use one of them. I like the fact Nintendo is still trying to be a solely gaming device, whereas everything else is trying to do everything possible in the media world.

I nominate this person for ruler of the world!
---
Julian_A_D
#50bdavis93Posted 11/11/2012 2:13:15 PM
Still better backwards compatibility than PS3...