why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#51huyiPosted 11/11/2012 1:16:23 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
list of problems with the wii U:

1. wii games does not upscale
2. wii games incompatible with gamepad or pro controller
3. does not come with basic AV cable out of the box
4. SD cards cannot store anything other than save games and maybe patches
5. cannot play DVD or bluray movies
6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life
7. region lock
8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

it's obvious nintendo is not putting in 100% into the wii U so why should you?

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

some major rages from a few fanboys and fangirls here i think the OP forgot to put on his flamesuit, it's starting to get a bit toasty in here, anyways i agree with OP it's made me disappointed especially with eshop content still being locked to your console and the SD card slot been made useless because it doesn't do anything but it's not going to stop me buying one, sony's new upcoming console could be much worse than this so i will take my chances with nintendo.

the blu ray and dvd problem is not a big deal though i have other gazillion devices that plays dvds and blu rays, region lock is a problem but it's something i hope datel can fix especially when people from europe are going to need it because of how slow we get games compared to other regions.

the 3DS had a bad battery life but i think people will manage because the controller has a charging cradle, it's not too much of a big deal because you will be near a charger when you are playing games, nintendo could have put the effort of putting a better battery in the wii u pad though especially for long gaming sessions.

nintendo have always left info at the last minute, i am not sure what their reasons for doing this but it's annoying especially when they should be keeping their fans up to date with what you are buying e.t.c maybe it's intentional? but i find honesty keeps the trust between customers and nintendo doesn't seem to have that, they delay the major problems to the last minute to not cause distress LOL.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#52mini_blightPosted 11/11/2012 1:23:26 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

Sounds like one of those paid attack ads...
#53SakurafanboyPosted 11/11/2012 1:25:13 PM
hyruler461 posted...
None of those bother me at all. Even the DVD thing. I already got a DVD player/PS3/PC, if I want to watch one badly ill use one of them. I like the fact Nintendo is still trying to be a solely gaming device, whereas everything else is trying to do everything possible in the media world.

Nintendo is branching off actually. Nintendo TVii anyone?
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#54TrueBlue91Posted 11/11/2012 1:30:04 PM
hyruler461 posted...
I like the fact Nintendo is still trying to be a solely gaming device,

They're not though. That's just their excuse (or a fanboy apologist's excuse) to cover any lack of features.

(That said, personally I'm not too fussed about the DVD thing either)
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#55FoppePosted 11/11/2012 1:32:27 PM
Not upscaling Wii games is not a problem.
And what are you supposed to do with your gamepad when you are playing Wii Bowling? Think of all the "Nintendo made my throw my gamepad into my TV!!!!" whining...
Everybody and their mother already owns a Wii and a Wii AV cable. And last time I checked, the HDMI cable carries both audio and video, thereby it is a AV cable.
Then buy a harddrive. You will get more size/$ with a USB harddrive compared to a SD card anyway.
Most of us already got 5+ units that can play DVD/Bluray movies, and you can buy a new DVD player for $10, not having DVD/Bluray playback is not a problem.
Do we know if the controller is running from the battery if a powercord is inserted?
How many consoles have been regionfree, one?
What problems?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#56ThatPersonGuyPosted 11/11/2012 1:44:46 PM
Linetrix posted...
7. So?

Oh look, another brainwashed drone that thinks region lock is a cool thing.

8. "Lack of info". Go read the instruction manual.

Clueless drone is clueless. He meant info about the thing so you know what you'll be buying. The thing is about to be released and still virtually nothing about Nintendo's online system was said. The only thing we heard about is that the account system is a PSN rip-off.

7. And no one complained about the 360...

8. Nintendo Direct. It's preaty useful. All we need to know about it. We won't know about the individual games until the developers decide to.

And"brainwashed drone"? Seriously? One thing I liked about you was that you never resorted to insults, just facts and opinions.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#57MMaestroPosted 11/11/2012 1:55:04 PM
Because everything you listed is a non-issue?
#58Enigma149Posted 11/11/2012 1:59:32 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Linetrix posted...
7. So?

Oh look, another brainwashed drone that thinks region lock is a cool thing.

8. "Lack of info". Go read the instruction manual.

Clueless drone is clueless. He meant info about the thing so you know what you'll be buying. The thing is about to be released and still virtually nothing about Nintendo's online system was said. The only thing we heard about is that the account system is a PSN rip-off.

7. And no one complained about the 360...

8. Nintendo Direct. It's preaty useful. All we need to know about it. We won't know about the individual games until the developers decide to.

And"brainwashed drone"? Seriously? One thing I liked about you was that you never resorted to insults, just facts and opinions.

Please tell me you're joking...
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#59blankempathyPosted 11/11/2012 2:00:42 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life
7. region lock
8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

P.S: please dont quote each problems and argue why it's not a problem. the point is, nintendo is not trying it's best with the wii U.

1. Of course not. Upscaling wii games would mean they'd have to be emulated. Did the ps3 or 360 upscale regular ps2 and xbox games? No.
2. Controls are too different. The controls would have to be remapped in game and they didn't plan that far ahead for the wii.
3. its 2012
4. External hard drives are incredibly cheap and a better value dollar per gb.
5. While that sucks for blu rays, again its 2012. I have 6 devices capable of playing dvds in this room alone. another 2 in the living room.
6. Thats the downsize of having a tablet screen in it. Unless you're playing for more then 3 hours its not a big deal.
7. Region lock has been in place before.
9. What lack of info? Pretty much everything people want to know has been mentioned except for a few small things.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#60enterthemadroxPosted 11/11/2012 2:01:02 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

7. region lock
8. lack of info even though it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

1. Not really a problem. I'll still have my Wii if I wanna play Wii games.
2. See above
3. I'm sure many people have at least one spare these days and if not, they're not expensive.
4. What else would you wanna save on it?
5. I wouldn't wanna watch DVDs on a games console. That's what my DVD player is for.
6. You have time to play for longer than 3 hours? They'll release a charger anyway like the dock for the Wiimote.
7. I only play European games anyway and have never imported from the US or Japan except when I was given a Japanese Dragonball fighting game and US Street Fighter 2 (both for SNES) with the adaptors to play them on.
8. Are they? What problems?

Cause they've been good to me since I first started playing videogames on the NES back in the late 80s. They're the most reliable games company in my experience.

Oops. Then again, you're being nitpicky for the sake of it unless you're here from the Sony board or something. How do you know they aren't "trying their best"? Were you involved in production? The fact we have a tablet as a controller shows they're still striving to be the one company that innovates while Sony and Microsoft wait to see what Nintendo do then copy their ideas.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong