why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#81Ness0123456789Posted 11/11/2012 3:42:08 PM(edited)
PsyrenCall posted...

7) Standard practice for all of Nintendo's consoles, who cares? It's not like I can read anything other than English.

You do understand that region locking affects games other than Japanese ones, right? Why do you think it was such a huge deal to get Xenoblade and Last Story here in the US? They were already fully translated and ready to go in Europe.

But thanks to region locking, you couldn't simply import one without also having to buy a damned European Wii for the that very purpose. There's a developing trend now of EU getting exclusives titles, as well as titles earlier than the US.

Some people don't want to have wait an extra week to get a game, or may want a EU exclusive title that has no chance of getting ported to the US. With reigon locking, however, this becomes impossible without having to shell out more money for another console or voiding your warranty by home brewing your US console and risking Nintendo doing the equally shady practice of bricking it.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#82jaymart_2kPosted 11/11/2012 3:39:04 PM
The controller pad last 4-5 hrs, not 3hrs.

Plus the battery is removable which means a third party company could make a battery that last 10+ hrs if they wanted to.
---
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k
#83LinetrixPosted 11/11/2012 3:40:19 PM
7) Standard practice for all of Nintendo's consoles, who cares? It's not like I can read anything other than English.

1) Because it's standard practice then it's alright. Guess what? It's also standard practice for Nintendo to have slaves manufacture their consoles. So it's all cool I guess. I mean, it's tradition.

2) Games released in Europe no longer have multiple languages, including English, to choose from. Or, games are either released in America or in Japan...

3) I only know English so everyone else in the world should be like me. It doesn't matter that even if 99% of gamers wouldn't mind playing a game in other language, because I would.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#84emagdnEPosted 11/11/2012 3:52:06 PM(edited)
why does apple sell crap and people still buy it?

just because Apple does it doesn't mean it's okay for Nintendo to do it

especially not when Nintendo has a history of being the best before Iwata took nover
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron
#85CultOfCiderPosted 11/11/2012 3:57:01 PM
9. Can't play VCR tapes.
10. Can't burn CD-Rs.
---
---
#86Latino_KingPosted 11/11/2012 4:01:22 PM
URAlsr posted...
Latino_King posted...
I agree with the criticisms that the TC pointed out. The Wii U is simply too much of a flawed system to justify the hefty price tag that it comes wih.

$350 is a hetfy price tag? You should change your name to Latino_Peasent.

*Peasant

And no, the Wii U is by no means a "cheap" console if you think $350 makes it affordable. For a hundred dollars less, you can experience HD gaming with a 360 or a PS3 and not to mention the abundant library of games that they have as well.
---
AKA 305_King
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius
#87boring_namePosted 11/11/2012 4:05:16 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
Standard practice for all of Nintendo's consoles, who cares? It's not like I can read anything other than English.

Maybe you can't but that's your loss. I can speak more than one language, thankfully. In fact playing games in other languages can be a great way to help learn a new language as part of an immersion program. There is no legitimate defense of region locking.
#88PsyrenCallPosted 11/11/2012 4:05:53 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
PsyrenCall posted...

You do understand that region locking affects games other than Japanese ones, right? Why do you think it was such a huge deal to get Xenoblade and Last Story here in the US? They were already fully translated and ready to go in Europe.

But thanks to region locking, you couldn't simply import one without also having to buy a damned European Wii for the that very purpose. There's a developing trend now of EU getting exclusives titles, as well as titles earlier than the US.

Some people don't want to have wait an extra week to get a game, or may want a EU exclusive title that has no chance of getting ported to the US. With reigon locking, however, this becomes impossible without having to shell out more money for another console or voiding your warranty by home brewing your US console and risking Nintendo doing the equally shady practice of bricking it.

Region locking is standard practice, has been for the last five generations, why should I care if it's the same for the sixth?Furthermore, of course I'm aware there's more to it than just Japan, but aside from a couple of games that came out in Europe, it's very, very rare that North America fails to get the worthwhile games that drop outside of Japan.

Linetrix posted...

1) Because it's standard practice then it's alright. Guess what? It's also standard practice for Nintendo to have slaves manufacture their consoles. So it's all cool I guess. I mean, it's tradition.

2) Games released in Europe no longer have multiple languages, including English, to choose from. Or, games are either released in America or in Japan...

3) I only know English so everyone else in the world should be like me. It doesn't matter that even if 99% of gamers wouldn't mind playing a game in other language, because I would.

Yes, it's quite fine, as again, it's been five solid generations of it. It's not going to change, there's nothing we can do about it, so why should it really be something to complain over? When you grow up you'll realize that some things just aren't worth getting into a huff over when there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#89LinetrixPosted 11/11/2012 4:07:45 PM
Yes, it's quite fine, as again, it's been five solid generations of it. It's not going to change, there's nothing we can do about it, so why should it really be something to complain over?

Slavery? Yes, it's quite fine, as again, it's been five solid generations of it. It's not going to change, there's nothing we can do about it, so why should it really be something to complain over?

**** that Abraham Lincoln guy!
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#90OldDirtyCRPosted 11/11/2012 4:09:58 PM
Linetrix posted...
Yes, it's quite fine, as again, it's been five solid generations of it. It's not going to change, there's nothing we can do about it, so why should it really be something to complain over?

Slavery? Yes, it's quite fine, as again, it's been five solid generations of it. It's not going to change, there's nothing we can do about it, so why should it really be something to complain over?

**** that Abraham Lincoln guy!

Irrelevant. The point is it doesn't belong on the list. That has nothing to do with "Nintendo not even trying" and has to do with the state of the industry as a whole. It's not unique to Nintendo and shouldn't be attributed as such.

It's wrong, but it's not the same as the other complaints and it's not something Nintendo alone is doing.

It's like saying, "It doesn't make popcorn". None of the consoles make popcorn.It's irrelevant to the list.