why are you letting nintendo get away with it?

#91Ness0123456789Posted 11/11/2012 4:14:12 PM

Region locking is standard practice, has been for the last five generations, why should I care if it's the same for the sixth?Furthermore, of course I'm aware there's more to it than just Japan, but aside from a couple of games that came out in Europe, it's very, very rare that North America fails to get the worthwhile games that drop outside of Japan.

DRM was standard practice for many companies this last generation before the out spoken gaming populace said no more, and it (for the most part) went away.

Are you telling me that we were wrong, and DRM should have remained a practice? Just because something's a practice doesn't mean it's smart or intelligent or should be continued.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#92LinetrixPosted 11/11/2012 4:14:17 PM
Irrelevant. The point is it doesn't belong on the list.

Region lock doesn't belong on the list? Since when?

That has nothing to do with "Nintendo not even trying" and has to do with the state of the industry as a whole. It's not unique to Nintendo and shouldn't be attributed as such.

Industry as a whole? I don't remember my PS3 being region locked...

It's like saying, "It doesn't make popcorn". None of the consoles make popcorn.It's irrelevant to the list.

Sure, because we are totally talking about a popcorn machine and not a gaming machine.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#93El_DustinoPosted 11/11/2012 4:16:58 PM
Nintendo actually also IS the only one of the main three that have 100% Region Locking, rather than giving developers a choice (not that I support that either).
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#94omniryuPosted 11/11/2012 4:18:27 PM
SpacedDuck posted...
haha okay just because you said don't quote the list you made and argue why not I'm sure people will listen and just let you have your opinion and allow theirs to not be stated.

Allow me to get the ball rolling chump

1. wii games does not upscale

I'm not buying a brand new system to play Wii games. Also the 360 didn't upscale Xbox games and I don't believe the PS3 upscaled PS2 games.

2. wii games incompatible with gamepad or pro controller -

Again, didn't buy a Wii U to play Wii games. Keep your old Wii if you want to play these games....sheesh.

3. does not come with basic AV cable out of the box -

It's an HD system as was the last gen. If you're still playing on an SDTV why should Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony all cater to you? You're a fool if you still own an SDTV. HDMI is more than enough to come with a system for like 90% of the market. You're the flaw not the cable provided.

4. SD cards cannot store anything other than save games and maybe patches. You have either 32gigs or 8 gigs plus the ability to purchase a cheap external HD or USB stick. So basically shut up.

5. cannot play DVD or bluray movies

You can't even rent movies anymore as basically all the rental places went bankrupt and I already own a PS3 and 360 to play my movies. If you don't own a DVD player currently or Blu Ray player then this issues doesn't matter as that likely also means you have no content to play.

6. gamepad only 3 hour battery life forcing you to charge while playing which deterioates battery life.

It's a handheld that lets you play an HD game on it in close proximity to the system while the TV is being used for other things. I rarely play for 3+ hours in one sitting. If I happen to get low on battery.....I'll plug it in like any other device and continue to enjoy.

7. region lock -.............SERIOUSLY?

8. lack of info eventhough it's a week before launch and people are finding out more and more problems

Lack of info? There's tons of it man.....

Here's my list of things I wonder why we let you get away with. Don't bother listing them and arguing though.

1. Lack of brain
2. Lack of brain
3. Lack of brain
4. You remind me of those times in life when I step on gum
5. Lack of brain.

Condescending much?
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#95OldDirtyCRPosted 11/11/2012 4:19:24 PM
Linetrix posted...

That has nothing to do with "Nintendo not even trying" and has to do with the state of the industry as a whole. It's not unique to Nintendo and shouldn't be attributed as such.

It's like saying, "It doesn't make popcorn". None of the consoles make popcorn.It's irrelevant to the list.

Sure, because we are totally talking about a popcorn machine and not a gaming machine.

Since it's a gaming machine why does it have to play DVDs...
#96Ness0123456789Posted 11/11/2012 4:21:02 PM(edited)
El_Dustino posted...
Nintendo actually also IS the only one of the main three that have 100% Region Locking, rather than giving developers a choice (not that I support that either).

But Nintendo's been doing it for five generations, surely we are all misinformed and wrong!

There is nothing we can do but except this ill practice by a company and just go on with our lives! After all, outspoken cries about on disk DLC and terrible DRM did nothing and we still have gobs and gobs of that going on!

owait.

No, seriously. You speak out about bad practices like region locking to make it go away, or at the very least find a compromise. The worst you can do is just say "Oh well it's Nintendo, and we're just the consumers, we don't have any power and there's nothing we can do."

Because the very fact is that we ARE their Consumers, we have a very strong control over what Nintendo, and other developers, can get away with.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#97LinetrixPosted 11/11/2012 4:20:48 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
Linetrix posted...

Because DVDs are a media gaming machines use? But if you're trying to tell me gaming machines use corn instead, feel free to prove it.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#98El_DustinoPosted 11/11/2012 4:32:49 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
El_Dustino posted...

But Nintendo's been doing it for five generations, surely we are all misinformed and wrong!

There is nothing we can do but except this ill practice by a company and just go on with our lives! After all, outspoken cries about on disk DLC and terrible DRM did nothing and we still have gobs and gobs of that going on!

owait.

No, seriously. You speak out about bad practices like region locking to make it go away, or at the very least find a compromise. The worst you can do is just say "Oh well it's Nintendo, and we're just the consumers, we don't have any power and there's nothing we can do."

Because the very fact is that we ARE their Consumers, we have a very strong control over what Nintendo, and other developers, can get away with.

I completely agree with you there, man. We should not just lay back and accept things like this. But there is a heavy anti consumer attitude an GameFAQs.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#99Rickoon5Posted 11/11/2012 4:40:29 PM
Linetrix posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...
Linetrix posted...

Because DVDs are a media gaming machines use? But if you're trying to tell me gaming machines use corn instead, feel free to prove it.

Sony: Come on, Nintendo, you know you want to add blu-ray to WiiU. Sure it'll drive up the cost, and you'll have to pay us huge royalties so we won't have to copy your tech because we'll already be profiting from it. Besides, our fanboys won't shut up about how great it is! You want to please Sony fanboys, don't you?

Nintendo: Nahh

Sony: 0_0 b-but it's blu-ray!

Nintendo: Nahh

Sony fanboys: GRRRRRR! I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but that suckz!1 WiiU suckz!1

Nintendo fanboys: Ummm, we really don't care that much...

Sony fanboys: how could you know more than us about a system we inherently hate and will never buy!

Nintendo fanboys: Huh, wha? I was too busy playing Bayonetta 2 and the better versions of Tekken Tag 2, Arkham City, and Ninja Gaiden 3.

Sony fanboys: *makes "why are you letting nintendo get away with it?" post of Gfaqs*
---
"I'll do whatever it takes."
#100Reznik00Posted 11/11/2012 4:46:06 PM
Not one thing you posted bothers me. Why are you letting it bother you so much, I think is the better question?
---
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!