No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U
4 years ago#1
Unfortunately, according to Jeremiah Slaczka of 5th Cell, the Wii U will not include a universal trophy system like other consoles. However, individual games/developers can include their own versions of achievements in games.

Slaczka had the following to say:

“There are no Wii U accomplishments that are system wide. Scribblenauts Unlimited loosely has them in the form of ‘Global Starite Shards’ which is like a giant checklist of global things to spawn and do in the game that aren’t area specific.”

Is the exclusion of achievements a make or break deal for you? In my opinion, it really does not bother me. I am fine with in-game only achievements, such as the trophies in Smash Bros.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.infendo.com/no-trophies-or-achievements-for-wii-u/
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
4 years ago#2
We've known this for a LONG time
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wingo84/8019591094/in/photostream/lightbox/
4 years ago#3
Don't care.

I used to care about trophies alot. I would rush through games and use guides to find trophies quicker and easier, I would also grind to the point where I would get bored and sick of the game just to get trophies.

I stopped caring when I got my 3DS though. Gaming seems so much enjoyable when I'm not obsessed over virtual pictures.
Currently listening to: Morbid Angel, Sodom, Inquisition, Darkthrone, Kreator, Tribulation, Exodus
4 years ago#4
Damn, that sucks. Pretty much everyone else (PC gaming through Steam/Origin, flash games online (Armor games, Kongregate), iOS, Android, 360, PS3, Vita, etc all have them...
4 years ago#5
Me after Super Mario 3D Platformer U: man that was a good game. too bad it's over and I probably won't play it again.

Me after Halo 4: Man that was a great game. Time to play it on Legendary.
4 years ago#6
Doesn't affect me in any way. Still not interested in a Wii U.
4 years ago#7
I actually bet developers are a bit happy if they can choose to add achievements. Because I'm pretty sure for retail copies Microsoft forces them to have achievements.
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
4 years ago#8
-15 on the scale of giving-a-s***.
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
4 years ago#9
KroganBallEater posted...
Me after Super Mario 3D Platformer U: man that was a good game. too bad it's over and I probably won't play it again.

Me after MArio - i finished, now to go find the rest of those damn coins.

me after Halo 4 - i thought i bought Halo, not COD? "And i cant return this trashy COD knock-off"
PSN - Delta360 / Gamertag - Alpha Mutant / Wii U - TBA
4 years ago#10
KroganBallEater posted...

Me after MArio - i finished, now to go find the rest of those damn coins.

me after Halo 4 - i thought i bought Halo, not COD? "And i cant return this trashy COD knock-off"

Now that's a good joke.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived