No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U

#1sknmakPosted 11/12/2012 7:52:34 AM
Unfortunately, according to Jeremiah Slaczka of 5th Cell, the Wii U will not include a universal trophy system like other consoles. However, individual games/developers can include their own versions of achievements in games.

Slaczka had the following to say:

“There are no Wii U accomplishments that are system wide. Scribblenauts Unlimited loosely has them in the form of ‘Global Starite Shards’ which is like a giant checklist of global things to spawn and do in the game that aren’t area specific.”

Is the exclusion of achievements a make or break deal for you? In my opinion, it really does not bother me. I am fine with in-game only achievements, such as the trophies in Smash Bros.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.infendo.com/no-trophies-or-achievements-for-wii-u/
---
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
#2wingo84Posted 11/12/2012 7:53:56 AM
We've known this for a LONG time
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wingo84/8019591094/in/photostream/lightbox/
#3Steve__BurnsidePosted 11/12/2012 7:56:02 AM
Don't care.

I used to care about trophies alot. I would rush through games and use guides to find trophies quicker and easier, I would also grind to the point where I would get bored and sick of the game just to get trophies.

I stopped caring when I got my 3DS though. Gaming seems so much enjoyable when I'm not obsessed over virtual pictures.
---
Currently listening to: Morbid Angel, Sodom, Inquisition, Darkthrone, Kreator, Tribulation, Exodus
#4IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/12/2012 7:57:35 AM
Damn, that sucks. Pretty much everyone else (PC gaming through Steam/Origin, flash games online (Armor games, Kongregate), iOS, Android, 360, PS3, Vita, etc all have them...
#5KroganBallEaterPosted 11/12/2012 7:58:11 AM
Me after Super Mario 3D Platformer U: man that was a good game. too bad it's over and I probably won't play it again.

Me after Halo 4: Man that was a great game. Time to play it on Legendary.
#6Chocobo115Posted 11/12/2012 7:58:37 AM
Doesn't affect me in any way. Still not interested in a Wii U.
#7Baha05Posted 11/12/2012 8:01:14 AM
I actually bet developers are a bit happy if they can choose to add achievements. Because I'm pretty sure for retail copies Microsoft forces them to have achievements.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#8pizzaman95Posted 11/12/2012 8:02:30 AM
-15 on the scale of giving-a-s***.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#9delta36083Posted 11/12/2012 8:03:14 AM
KroganBallEater posted...
Me after Super Mario 3D Platformer U: man that was a good game. too bad it's over and I probably won't play it again.

Me after MArio - i finished, now to go find the rest of those damn coins.

me after Halo 4 - i thought i bought Halo, not COD? "And i cant return this trashy COD knock-off"
---
PSN - Delta360 / Gamertag - Alpha Mutant / Wii U - TBA
#10IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/12/2012 8:03:40 AM
KroganBallEater posted...

Me after MArio - i finished, now to go find the rest of those damn coins.

me after Halo 4 - i thought i bought Halo, not COD? "And i cant return this trashy COD knock-off"

Now that's a good joke.