No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U

#41excitebike64Posted 11/12/2012 9:13:13 AM
Achievements is one of the, if not the dumbest thing this gen.

The fact that people can't make up their own challenges without someone else doing it for them or feeling the need to "prove" themselves to people they never meet.

Unlockables or taking photographs (most people have cell phones with cameras, especially if they are playing a system with achievements) are good enough for me.
#42kyomagiPosted 11/12/2012 9:17:20 AM
Linetrix posted...
kyomagi posted...
Hey line, i am still waiting on your reply with links to other retailers selling the wii u right now

Well, I gave you one link because you only asked for one. Then you suddenly decided you wanted 2 links, one more than what I gave you.

In the first page you can already find a topic about another site accepting pre-orders. Don't be a lazy ass. There, you got 2 sites now. Refuted enough? Oh, let me guess, you will now ask for 4 sites that are accepting pre-orders!

Front page...front page... hmm no sites taking pre orders. Come on line, i know you're still butthurt over the vita, but you gotta try harder than this
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#43DTY3Posted 11/12/2012 9:18:58 AM
Also before anyone says "LOL NOW YOU NINTENDRONES HATE ACHIEVEMENTS"

Look at any topic "confirming" achievements and you will still find the same people bashing them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#44Phange 2Posted 11/12/2012 9:21:40 AM
I like achievements. It's not about ePeen, it's about having to play games in unusual ways or having a reason to play on harder difficulties, etc.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#45stekim40Posted 11/12/2012 9:24:05 AM
Phange 2 posted...
I like achievements. It's not about ePeen, it's about having to play games in unusual ways or having a reason to play on harder difficulties, etc.

You can do that without being hand-held by achievements.

All you need is an imagination

.....oh sorry, I forgot kids these days don't have that.
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, Dishonoured, Borderlands 2, F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Far Cry 3, Dragon Age 3
#46toad133Posted 11/12/2012 9:24:31 AM
While I can understand Achievements/Trophies, problem is I never get a sense of reward for doing them, so what's the point? Whereas in Kid Icarus Uprising you get a lot of prizes for doing the specific challenges and gives you incencitive to do so. That's how they should be done IMO.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#47DTY3Posted 11/12/2012 9:28:58 AM
toad133 posted...
While I can understand Achievements/Trophies, problem is I never get a sense of reward for doing them, so what's the point? Whereas in Kid Icarus Uprising you get a lot of prizes for doing the specific challenges and gives you incencitive to do so. That's how they should be done IMO.

Sakurai does achievements the best.

Look at Kid Icarus, Kirby Air Ride and Brawl.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#48kyomagiPosted 11/12/2012 9:28:59 AM
toad133 posted...

RPG's and other games dont need them. All i care about are online multiplayer leader boards like COD and Halo. If the next mario kart and smash brothers adapts a better online ranking system, that would be 100% better
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#49darkjedilinkPosted 11/12/2012 9:41:27 AM
wingo84 posted...
We've known this for a LONG time

Exactly. Like, for a whole year.

Every multiplat with achievements/trophies will have them on Wii U.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#50Rickoon5Posted 11/12/2012 10:31:19 AM
excitebike64 posted...
Achievements is one of the, if not the dumbest thing this gen.

The fact that people can't make up their own challenges without someone else doing it for them or feeling the need to "prove" themselves to people they never meet.

Unlockables or taking photographs (most people have cell phones with cameras, especially if they are playing a system with achievements) are good enough for me.

I completely agree with this statement. I started on Wii and envied the other systems for their trophies/achievements. Then I got the other systems and had a complete WTH moment as I realized I hadn't missed out on a dang thing.

I remember playing Dead Space and getting achievements for doing things like completing a chapter! Really?! And hardcore gamers are complaining about hand holding when every thing you do with these trophies is like a community league soccer trophy--given out with participation. Then, a lot of these same gamers complain when a system doesn't have them.

If anything, I think rewarding in-game extras/challenges and good online leader boards are way better than silly system-based "challenges" that typically don't give you anything except bragging rights...LOL.
---
"I'll do whatever it takes."