No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U

#51shampoowarriorPosted 11/12/2012 11:33:20 AM
In these topics: I don't like achievements, therefore it is good that people who do like them won't be buying Wii U games!
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#52Rickoon5Posted 11/12/2012 11:52:54 AM
shampoowarrior posted...
In these topics: I don't like achievements, therefore it is good that people who do like them won't be buying Wii U games!

shampoowarrior posted on gfaqs: You get a platinum trophy, 70 gamer score, and 30 free minutes with a therapist to discuss why you'll only play games if they have hollow achievements.

Sorry, I'm kind of an enabler...I promise, I won't reward you next time :3
---
"I'll do whatever it takes."
#53Hicks233Posted 11/12/2012 11:53:24 AM
I like the sound of the Wii U more and more.
---
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
Sheep are propper dumb, they run away when you go to stroke em
#54nap_timePosted 11/12/2012 11:56:23 AM
I can see why some people don't like or care for achievements, but actively putting effort into hating on something so insignificant seems like somewhat of a waste of time.
#55Kaze_MemaryuPosted 11/12/2012 12:09:01 PM(edited)
I think it's a smart move from Nintendo.
Some games are nigh unplayable due to all those immature trophy/achievement hunters who only play for those damn things instead of playing for the team - or at least seriously...

It should generally be up to developers whether or not to use trophies. They haven't provided much of a challenge yet, and have no reward other than a pseudo-rank everyone abuses to boost their gamer ego.

Yes, I hate trophies and achievements.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#56MEFreak1984Posted 11/12/2012 12:12:28 PM
I only go for triphies/achievements if they unlock something in-game, otherwise I tend not to worry about it. If I focus on those It becomes more of a chore than just enjoying the game, as opposed to trying to get a combo of like 1000 hits.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Even a Dead God can dream"
#57darkjedilinkPosted 11/12/2012 12:15:01 PM
shampoowarrior posted...

Except nobody will buy other versions of a game solely over achievements, since Wii U games will have achievements.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#58JohnnyCage2008Posted 11/12/2012 12:31:02 PM

THANK GOD!!

I hate that useless kids-crap on 360 and PS3. Not getting bothered with this sh*t on the Wii-U is something I like very much.
#59darkjedilinkPosted 11/12/2012 12:32:07 PM
JohnnyCage2008 posted...

THANK GOD!!

I hate that useless kids-crap on 360 and PS3. Not getting bothered with this sh*t on the Wii-U is something I like very much.

It will have achievements.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#60DerpyHoovesPosted 11/12/2012 12:35:50 PM
Yeah, most of the time, achievements are milestone hand-outs, things like chronicling your advancement in the regular game, the number of particular item collected, and killing so many enemies.

While that is not a wholly negative thing, (sometimes it is nice to have a better sense of progression.) I would personally rather have achievements done at the discretion of the developer rather than shoehorning in a bunch of them in, make them interesting. Maybe even unlock extra stuff for the player who goes out to take these challenges.
---
"Eternal Chaos.. comes with chocolate rain, you guys! Chocolate! Rain!"