No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U
4 years ago#51
In these topics: I don't like achievements, therefore it is good that people who do like them won't be buying Wii U games!
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
4 years ago#52
shampoowarrior posted...
In these topics: I don't like achievements, therefore it is good that people who do like them won't be buying Wii U games!

shampoowarrior posted on gfaqs: You get a platinum trophy, 70 gamer score, and 30 free minutes with a therapist to discuss why you'll only play games if they have hollow achievements.

Sorry, I'm kind of an enabler...I promise, I won't reward you next time :3
"I'll do whatever it takes."
4 years ago#53
I like the sound of the Wii U more and more.
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
Sheep are propper dumb, they run away when you go to stroke em
4 years ago#54
I can see why some people don't like or care for achievements, but actively putting effort into hating on something so insignificant seems like somewhat of a waste of time.
4 years ago#55
I think it's a smart move from Nintendo.
Some games are nigh unplayable due to all those immature trophy/achievement hunters who only play for those damn things instead of playing for the team - or at least seriously...

It should generally be up to developers whether or not to use trophies. They haven't provided much of a challenge yet, and have no reward other than a pseudo-rank everyone abuses to boost their gamer ego.

Yes, I hate trophies and achievements.
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
4 years ago#56
I only go for triphies/achievements if they unlock something in-game, otherwise I tend not to worry about it. If I focus on those It becomes more of a chore than just enjoying the game, as opposed to trying to get a combo of like 1000 hits.
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Even a Dead God can dream"
4 years ago#57
shampoowarrior posted...

Except nobody will buy other versions of a game solely over achievements, since Wii U games will have achievements.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
4 years ago#58

THANK GOD!!

I hate that useless kids-crap on 360 and PS3. Not getting bothered with this sh*t on the Wii-U is something I like very much.
4 years ago#59
JohnnyCage2008 posted...

THANK GOD!!

I hate that useless kids-crap on 360 and PS3. Not getting bothered with this sh*t on the Wii-U is something I like very much.

It will have achievements.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
4 years ago#60
Yeah, most of the time, achievements are milestone hand-outs, things like chronicling your advancement in the regular game, the number of particular item collected, and killing so many enemies.

While that is not a wholly negative thing, (sometimes it is nice to have a better sense of progression.) I would personally rather have achievements done at the discretion of the developer rather than shoehorning in a bunch of them in, make them interesting. Maybe even unlock extra stuff for the player who goes out to take these challenges.
"Eternal Chaos.. comes with chocolate rain, you guys! Chocolate! Rain!"
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived