No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U

#61darkjedilinkPosted 11/12/2012 11:38:04 AM
DerpyHooves posted...
Yeah, most of the time, achievements are milestone hand-outs, things like chronicling your advancement in the regular game, the number of particular item collected, and killing so many enemies.

While that is not a wholly negative thing, (sometimes it is nice to have a better sense of progression.) I would personally rather have achievements done at the discretion of the developer rather than shoehorning in a bunch of them in, make them interesting. Maybe even unlock extra stuff for the player who goes out to take these challenges.

What? A rational look at achievements, that isn't "I BETTER GET A CRAPTON OF ACHIEVEMENTS! I DON'T CARE IF MOST OF THEM ARE HANDED OUT LIKE CANDY!!!" or "IT BETTER NOT HAVE ACHIEVEMENTS AT ALL! NOBODY SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE PROUD OF THEIR GAMING!!!"

I'd never have believed it!
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#62ChargrilledPosted 11/12/2012 11:38:29 AM
darkjedilink posted...
JohnnyCage2008 posted...
No Trophies Or Achievements For Wii U

THANK GOD!!

I hate that useless kids-crap on 360 and PS3. Not getting bothered with this sh*t on the Wii-U is something I like very much.

It will have achievements.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#63gamemaster712Posted 11/12/2012 12:51:05 PM
who cares...
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#64LinetrixPosted 11/12/2012 12:54:53 PM
gamemaster712 posted...
who cares...

Certainly not casual gamers...
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#65Natureboy99Posted 11/12/2012 12:59:17 PM
This is a mistake. All things considered equal, gamers will get a multiplatform game with trophies over one without. Nintendo needs to swallow their pride, or else...
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#66darkjedilinkPosted 11/12/2012 1:01:29 PM
Natureboy99 posted...
This is a mistake. All things considered equal, gamers will get a multiplatform game with trophies over one without. Nintendo needs to swallow their pride, or else...

And, as has been said many times, ANY GAME WITH ACHIEVEMENTS ON ANOTHER SYSTEM WILL HAVE THEM ON THE WII U.

Stop being stupid.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#67BluntGruntPosted 11/12/2012 1:01:44 PM
Oh noes I cannot brag with my achievements and rub my ego of a "hardcore" gamer!

Yeah, like I care.
---
?????
#68LinetrixPosted 11/12/2012 1:02:20 PM
BluntGrunt posted...
Oh noes I cannot brag with my achievements and rub my ego of a "hardcore" gamer!

Yeah, like I care.

Like I said, casual gamers certainly don't care.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#69MichyMasterPosted 11/12/2012 1:23:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]