A Nintendo Gamers Guide to HD Gaming.

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 11/12/2012 7:56:34 AM
With the Wii U coming out in a few days I thought I would help some people by explaining some things about this generation of gaming.

1. American companies ARE NOT ALL BAD.
Just because the only company that Nintendo fans actually like is Retro and all other companies made crappy games on the Wii didn't do a good job doesn't mean they are all bad, In fact! Some of this generations best games were made by Americans! Halo, The Elder Scrolls series, Bioshock, Gears of War, God of War III, etc. You'll most likely get a Bioshock game or Elder Scrolls game eventually and then your in for a real treat.

2. Glitches are a thing.
Video games are more expensive to make and unlike Nintendo most video game companies don't take a year to fix a glitch and then release a game, they release patches which ARE NOT A PROBLEM, you're not paying for a broken game, your paying for a game that had some graphical or gameplay glitches that will most likely be taken out within 2 weeks of release. Also in the Elder Scrolls Skyrim's case you'll be paying for a game that has glitches that you'll never notice or they're just ****ing funny, there are not a lot of gameplay glitches, and almost no gamebreaking glitches.

3. Eventually there will be competition.
Hopefully unlike last time we won't lose big 3rd party games.

Can't think of anything else...WELCOME TO THE NEXT GEN NINTENDO.
#2SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/12/2012 7:58:41 AM
As if a "Nintendo Gamer" couldn't own more than one console.
#3IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/12/2012 8:01:07 AM

Most of them don't, as you can tell by their excitement to finally have HD gaming.
#4KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 8:01:19 AM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...

I know but most Nintendo Gamers who owned another console this generation now hates Nintendo.
#5senelcoolidge_Posted 11/12/2012 8:03:43 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Most of them don't, as you can tell by their excitement to finally have HD gaming.

Or, or... and this might sound crazy, but listen! They are "excited" to finally see first party titles in HD.

OH MY GOD, mind blown.
#6IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/12/2012 8:04:26 AM

Or, or... and this might sound crazy, but listen! They are "excited" to finally see first party titles in HD.

OH MY GOD, mind blown.

Practically what I just said, but k
#7Dark_Link92Posted 11/12/2012 8:05:03 AM
Glitches aren't too much of a problem, but it is very annoying to encounter one when you know it is purely through not being properly tested. Maybe I'm just used to being spoiled by Nintendo's generally very good glitch fixing, but I was reading an AC forum and people were saying things like "There really aren't many glitches in this one. I fell through the floor once and one time my target was unreachable to I had to reset, but otherwise it's good". And I was just thinking: Wow. You put up with that? I hope Nintendo don't get lazy with their bug fixing.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#8senelcoolidge_Posted 11/12/2012 8:06:11 AM

OH MY GOD, mind blown.

Nice try. You assumed that Nintendo "fanboys" have never seen gaming in HD as if they have or never owned a PS3, PC or Xbox 360.

But, you tried which is all that matters.
#9IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/12/2012 8:07:02 AM
Where did this myth of Nintendo not having glitches come from? Nearly all of their big first party titles have at least one pretty big glitch...
#10IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/12/2012 8:08:08 AM(edited)

OH MY GOD, mind blown.

Nice try. You assumed that Nintendo "fanboys" have never seen gaming in HD as if they have or never owned a PS3, PC or Xbox 360.

But, you tried which is all that matters.

Did I? I said they were finally excited to have HD gaming, that doesn't mean I was referring to the fans specifically but instead referring to Nintendo having the HD gaming.

derp