Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

#21Rennik RepotsirPosted 11/12/2012 1:14:27 PM
Is having an HDTV some type of fashion statement?
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#22Golden MavenPosted 11/12/2012 1:18:58 PM
You know what? For anyone who, for whatever reason, doesn't own an HDTV buts opts to buy a Wii-U - don't you come here later on to whine about how the text is too small or whatever complaint you can come up with.

That's the thing with these SDTV huggers. They'll complain that Nintendo left them behind. The Wii-U is clearly designed for HDTVs, you should keep that in mind when buying it.

I find people who refuse to get with the times and then complain that they're being left behind so annoying. SDTVs are obsolete.
#23WaLuigiTailsPosted 11/12/2012 1:20:15 PM
9inchesDeep posted...
Surely if you can't afford an HDTV, you can't afford a Wii U.

does it matter. you can still play on the sdtv assuming you still have your av for the wii
---
3DS fc: 3995 7857 4043 Meo
GT: WaLuigiTails
#24NinjaGamer_23Posted 11/12/2012 1:34:08 PM
play dead rising on xbox 360.

you will then see why a hdtv is awesome.
#25LinetrixPosted 11/12/2012 1:46:53 PM
darkjedilink posted...
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
Some people don't care about the quality of the television, but they do care about the games they enjoy. It may not be logical, but to each their own.

CRT's are universally much higher in quality than any HDTV.

Unless you believe that a 46" Vizio is going to last longer than your grandpa's Zenith console TV from the early '70's that he still watches.

Oh, you joker.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#26stekim40Posted 11/12/2012 1:56:38 PM
Have to agree with the TC, theres simply no excuse for not having an HDTV now, the prices have dropped so much you can get one for the price of 2 games.

The image quality of HDMI is worth every penny.
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, Dishonoured, Borderlands 2, F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Far Cry 3, Dragon Age 3
#27zepfyaPosted 11/12/2012 2:04:27 PM
squatch22 posted...
A lot of ppl stupidly think if u dont own something, the ONLY reason is that u cant afford it.

Well that our you're cheap as hell, you can buy an hdtv these days for chump change.
#28LinetrixPosted 11/12/2012 2:07:31 PM
squatch22 posted...
A lot of ppl stupidly think if u dont own something, the ONLY reason is that u cant afford it.

Like hard drives...
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#29Hejiru206Posted 11/12/2012 2:10:27 PM
ITT: Games are not fun unless they have HD graphics.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#30imameliaPosted 11/12/2012 2:16:40 PM
Same reason I'd buy any console: For the games.

I don't see the point in getting an HDTV right now either; there are enough regular TVs around the house for pretty much all video game and movie needs because my brother got old, used ones essentially for free, and I don't care enough about the picture quality increase to justify buying one. There are better things I could do with $200.