Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

#211NeoBillbinePosted 11/12/2012 9:55:00 PM
sarevokmb posted...
DrSnakes posted...
Nintendo fanboys are poor or just love ancient hardware. I mean, it's already 2012! You can get a $100 23 in 1080p monitor lol. Stop living in your basement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljQMpgVY5mg&feature=related

Ps3 and 360 fanboys should do the same with their systems. You know since the systems can't even do 1080p unless they upscale or run a puzzle game. Geez, it is 2012 after all.
---
i7-3930K, ASRock X79 Extreme6, NH-D14, 16 GB G.Skill
Ripjaws DDR3, MSI GTX680, Crucial M4 128GB\64GB, 2TB Samsung F4, Asus Xonar DG, Corsair HX650, Arc Midi
#212Reznik00Posted 11/12/2012 10:08:27 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Playing HD games on an SDTV is like listening to music on crappy $4 headphones, or watching a movie in 4:3 pan & scan, or going to a concert and sitting so far away you can barely see the band, or drinking cheap light beer.

You're missing out on the full experience.

It's pathetic seeing people trying to rationalize it. You're embarrassing yourself. If you were a true lover of games, you wouldn't even think of viewing them at less than half their native resolution.

Exactly, but they've never sat with it and given it enough time to fully realize what they're missing. It happens with every major "change", cassette to cd, vhs to dvd, sd to hd. I never thought Blu-Ray could offer a drasticly better picture and now I can't watch a regular DVD without seeing stuff that before I'd either miss or pass off.

There's an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where he buys his dad his favorite records on cd, and he absolutely hates the gift....only because he doesn't take the time. This is the same exact thing. No one can tell you what they have is fine unless they've never truly experienced its greater.
---
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!
#213DTY3Posted 11/12/2012 10:25:11 PM(edited)
Model_SX29 posted...
May I just ask one teeny, tiny little question?

WHY THE **** DO YOU GIVE A RAT'S *** ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF T.V. I USE?!?!?!

Because this.

MisterSmee posted...
I dont have a problem with people sticking with their SD tvs. You want to watch TV. movies and play games at a vastly inferior quality? Fine by me.

I do however have a problem when they complain that the wii-u only comes with hdmi cables, or when they say there isnt much difference between SD and HD. Or when the eventually comes here to complain that the text is too small etc

- SD tvs are obsolete, HD is the standard, so hdmi cables should be included. The people who are keeping up to date should not have to fork out more cash because some people are stuck in the past

There is a huge difference between SD and HD. To say otherwise you need a eye check. Funnily enough the people that say this are the ones that dont actually own a HDTV.

And no devs aren't going to make a SD resolution option for an obsolete format. Its a complete waste of development time and money.

tl;dr You want to live in the past with a SDTV, fine, dont go around spreading BS facts or complaining

Not that hard to grasp...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#214LinetrixPosted 11/12/2012 10:23:48 PM
NeoBillbine posted...
sarevokmb posted...
DrSnakes posted...
Nintendo fanboys are poor or just love ancient hardware. I mean, it's already 2012! You can get a $100 23 in 1080p monitor lol. Stop living in your basement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljQMpgVY5mg&feature=related

Ps3 and 360 fanboys should do the same with their systems. You know since the systems can't even do 1080p unless they upscale or run a puzzle game. Geez, it is 2012 after all.

I didn't know the PS3 and the 360 were released this year...
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#215xOmniCloudxPosted 11/12/2012 11:01:18 PM
TheOneWhoPwnz posted...
Anyone is crazy or poor if they do not have a HDTV by now LOL

Neither. Don't care enough to buy one since my SDTV is still working just fine LOL
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#216ChipChippersonPosted 11/12/2012 11:19:10 PM
I think this video, which shows the difference between NSMBW and NSMBU, expresses the difference between SD and HD nicely. Pictures are worth 1000 words-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n078vT5Yj9A
---
"We live in an amazing, amazing world and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of just spoiled idiots that don't care"~Louis CK
#217otisanimePosted 11/12/2012 11:38:57 PM
It's perfectly fine to not want to change, but accept that you will be getting a factually lesser experience, and don't expect concessions to be made for an SD owner anymore, which kind of sucks for those people, but it just makes zero logical sense for them to do it anymore now a days. So, if you complain about small text or whatever, you need to be whacked with a stick.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#218Balthor 2001Posted 11/12/2012 11:46:44 PM
toomanymouths posted...
I honestly didn't realize people had not bought HDTVs yet. I get displacing your old one to another room, but to not have an HDTV at all?

My mind is blown.

Why get a new tv when the old one works perfectly fine? Heck, the only reason I got a new tv was because my old one kicked the bucket. I didn't even know (or care) that my new one was an HDtv until I found out the Wii U's default A/V cable was HDMI and checked to see if it would be compatible on my tv (answer: compatible).
---
Pi is awesome, Pi is great, Pi does not end, pie for everyone!
Official Drill Arm of the Kid Icarus Uprising Board
#219Burning_Arm2Posted 11/13/2012 1:56:53 AM(edited)
XXXBobXXX and MichaelDeAngelo summed it up pretty well back on page one. Most SDTVs work just fine in todays world and don't warrant any reason to replace them whether they be personal or technical.

I'm sure most people will buy the Wii U for the games NOT the picture quality anyways.
#220MrSCARYPosted 11/13/2012 3:44:41 AM
Why would I want $20 when I already have $5?

Why would I want good tasting food when I can just crack open a can of dog food?

Etc.
---
Whatever.