Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

#221iceman505Posted 11/13/2012 4:54:43 AM
toomanymouths posted...
I honestly didn't realize people had not bought HDTVs yet. I get displacing your old one to another room, but to not have an HDTV at all?

My mind is blown.

I know, even my old bitty Grandmother has a 720p Samsung.
#222mini_blightPosted 11/13/2012 5:25:50 AM
Linetrix posted...

Enjoying those nanoscopic letters? Final Fantasy XIII must be awesome to play without knowing what commands you're choosing.

Don't forget to tell him to kill himself when you're done bullying him. We all know you'll never be banned for bannable offenses! lol

And FFXIII looked great on my old SDTV.

thundercat2600 posted...
Playing HD games on an SDTV is like listening to music on crappy $4 headphones, or watching a movie in 4:3 pan & scan, or going to a concert and sitting so far away you can barely see the band, or drinking cheap light beer.

You're missing out on the full experience.

It's pathetic seeing people trying to rationalize it. You're embarrassing yourself. If you were a true lover of games, you wouldn't even think of viewing them at less than half their native resolution.

Slightly sharper visuals, zomg! What a truly breathtaking, religious experience!

Remember the days when the games themselves were the experience? Now it's graphics, resolution, graphics, cutscenes, achievements, graphics, QTE's, etc.

It's pathetic to see you pretend that videogames are a visual medium. Movies are a visual medium. Videogames are an interactive medium. Visuals are only a means to an end when it comes to videogames. I'm sorry you and Lietrix are too drunk on visuals to see anything else.
#223mcsmellingtonPosted 11/13/2012 5:32:18 AM
mini_blight posted...
Linetrix posted...

Enjoying those nanoscopic letters? Final Fantasy XIII must be awesome to play without knowing what commands you're choosing.

Don't forget to tell him to kill himself when you're done bullying him. We all know you'll never be banned for bannable offenses! lol

thundercat2600 posted...
Playing HD games on an SDTV is like listening to music on crappy $4 headphones, or watching a movie in 4:3 pan & scan, or going to a concert and sitting so far away you can barely see the band, or drinking cheap light beer.

It's pathetic seeing people trying to rationalize it. You're embarrassing yourself. If you were a true lover of games, you wouldn't even think of viewing them at less than half their native resolution.

Slightly sharper visuals, zomg! What a truly breathtaking, religious experience!

Remember the days when the games themselves were the experience? Now it's graphics, resolution, graphics, cutscenes, achievements, graphics, QTE's, etc.

It's pathetic to see you pretend that videogames are a visual medium. Movies are a visual medium. Videogames are an interactive medium. Visuals are only a means to an end when it comes to videogames. I'm sorry you and Lietrix are too drunk on visuals to see anything else.

Have you played Journey? Playing that on an SDTV would likely take away loads from it, because it's so beautiful that you need to play it on an HDTV to fully appreciate it.
---
GT: McPoo
#224Sami1000Posted 11/13/2012 5:34:54 AM
I was pc gamer from 2007 to 2012 and i hardly watched tv at all so thats the reason i have old sdtv. Now i'm buying the wii u but i can't afford for the hdtv at the same time. Doesn't really matter because i'm buying few wii games for it too and they probably look better on sdtv.
#225mini_blightPosted 11/13/2012 5:39:51 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Anyone that claims they "prefer" SDTVs has mental problems, no doubt about it. There is simply no positive when compared to HDTV.

Except to play the superior PS2 library, since the PS3's sucks.

Owning a Vita is quickly becoming some sort of "hipster fashion" statement.

Fixed. You also earn bonus hipster points for saying you love your Vita whenever possible.

Have you loved your Vita lately, senor?

"It's my preference that antifreeze would be superior than blood in my body, it's my preference thus it can't be wrong right guys?"

I see you've lost your battle with insanity. :(
#226darkjedilinkPosted 11/13/2012 5:41:47 AM
Reznik00 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Exactly, but they've never sat with it and given it enough time to fully realize what they're missing. It happens with every major "change", cassette to cd, vhs to dvd, sd to hd. I never thought Blu-Ray could offer a drasticly better picture and now I can't watch a regular DVD without seeing stuff that before I'd either miss or pass off.

There's an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where he buys his dad his favorite records on cd, and he absolutely hates the gift....only because he doesn't take the time. This is the same exact thing. No one can tell you what they have is fine unless they've never truly experienced its greater.

There's a huge difference between SDTV's to HDTV's and everything else you mentioned - the pricing stayed very similar, and build quality didn't dramatically decrease. I still have a DVD player from fifteen years ago. I still have an SDTV from twelve years ago. I still have a VHS player from BEFORE I WAS BORN. They all work great. My HDTV, that I've had for three years now, has scratches all over the place and pieces of plastic MISSING (and when I went to get the parts replaced under warranty, was told that all falls under "normal wear and tear..."), yet my HDTV costed almost twenty times what I paid for my SDTV.

Yes HDTV's have hands-down a better picture than SDTV's, but stop pretending like that's the only metric that should matter when purchasing a product. That's what led to the huge rash of RRoD and YLoD.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#227LinetrixPosted 11/13/2012 6:04:11 AM

Maybe you should accept that the problem is that I never said any bannable offense.

Yeah. Now multiply that by a thousand and you have an idea of how it looks like on a HDTV.

"Slightly". You make it so easy to notice you never played on a HDTV. you have a sad life. It's 2012 man.

And besides all that we also have great gameplay. Unlike those Nintendo games. Hello Skyward Sword. Hahahaha.

It's pathetic to see you pretend that videogames are a visual medium.

Why would he pretend a fact isn't a fact?

Videogames are an interactive medium.

And visual. I don't think those games made for blind people sell more than 10 copies. It seems 99,999999999999999999% of the games are made for people that can see! So weird!

Except to play the superior PS2 library, since the PS3's sucks.

Like I said, a sad life. Oh well, if Wii Fit makes you happy... ROFLMAO!
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#228LinetrixPosted 11/13/2012 6:06:47 AM
There's a huge difference between SDTV's to HDTV's and everything else you mentioned - the pricing stayed very similar, and build quality didn't dramatically decrease. I still have a DVD player from fifteen years ago. I still have an SDTV from twelve years ago. I still have a VHS player from BEFORE I WAS BORN. They all work great. My HDTV, that I've had for three years now, has scratches all over the place and pieces of plastic MISSING (and when I went to get the parts replaced under warranty, was told that all falls under "normal wear and tear..."), yet my HDTV costed almost twenty times what I paid for my SDTV.

Since you are a drone you're used to paying a premium for cheap tech. So I advise you to buy a decent HDTV and not a crappy one, and stop comparing the good SDTV you bought with your cheap, low quality HDTV.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#229mini_blightPosted 11/13/2012 6:57:34 AM
Linetrix posted...

Maybe you should accept that the problem is that I never said any bannable offense.

Maybe you should just call it quits because we will never forget.

Yeah. Now multiply that by a thousand and you have an idea of how it looks like on a HDTV.

I have and played it on both SD and HD sets. Fail more.

Why would he pretend a fact isn't a fact?

So you're saying he's delusional then? Good to know.

And visual.

Were you responding to me or the multiple strawmen you generate per post?

Visuals are a means to an end for videogames. No one who says graphics don't matter are saying anything like the dumb **** you pollute the internet with.

I hate to burst your little visual bubble, but graphics are no longer the huge draw they once were.

Like I said, a sad life. Oh well, if Wii Fit makes you happy... ROFLMAO!

That's sad. You betray the thing that made you famous. Wii Fit on the PS2? Wow. What's next, you gonna tell me Nintendogs was a PS2 game all this time?

You live in one hell of a crazy world.

You have my pity.
#230Rasputin77Posted 11/13/2012 7:02:26 AM
Oooooooh boy! Six pages of desperate stretches of logic and sidestepping an entirely reasonable question. Too bad I don't have enough time this morning to wade through the dreck.

No, wait... that's a good thing. Nevermind.
---
Best. POTD. EVER. "I live with my parents." = 52.03%