Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

#251gumbyxcore99Posted 11/13/2012 1:14:17 PM
sd content looks bad on hdtv
hd content looks bad on sdtv

nobody wins

\exept me
dfsdsfsd fg
fg
dfgdfgdfg
gf
g
jsdgjksdfgjdf kgdfgkdfgkdf
#252kjellboyPosted 11/13/2012 1:31:17 PM
MrSCARY posted...
So you guys are perfectly fine eating dog food right?

Why drive a nice car when you could just drive some 50 year old car with no air, radio or seat belt?

Why live in a house or apartment when that box is so comfy right?

Hell, why even get a new console when you could just keep playing your Gamecube?

Why date the hot girl down the street when that one girl who looks like a man lives right next door?

Etc. Etc.

Yeah some of you are poor, I get it.
I also get that if you are so poor you cant afford a tv maybe you shouldn't be spending what little money you do have on a video game console.

Where you got that conclusion from? Not having a HDTV doesn't mean they're poor. A: The TV they already have is working and in perfect order, so upgrading isn't something on their top priority. B: They're students and do not have a job, so buying an HDTV isn't their top priority, instead they chose to save up to Wii U instead. If A or B means they're poor, then something is wrong with you. True, being a student doesn't make you rich, instead ending up having to save up for stuff and live cheap. Thus being poor because they haven't got a job. Or C: Their economics isn't in balance, so to speak.
---
(Steam: lordkjellboy)(PSN: KingKjellboy)(Xfire: kjellboy)(Gamertag: Lord Kjellboy)
#253EngineR2Posted 11/13/2012 1:51:30 PM(edited)
Also, look at it this way:

You have $450. Only $450. Which do you choose? Game system? Or HDTV? Which one of these actions mentioned below is more fitting of calling someone by the title "gamer"? There are two outcomes:

A:
"Did you buy(Insert WiiU game)?" "Yeah, that game is awesome. I know it'd look even better on an HDTV, but I'm good with my choice for now. At least I get to play it." You don't have the best TV viewing experience, like many others are experiencing, so you are missing out, somewhat But you will, at least, be able to enjoy the brand new game system to some extent.

B:
"Did you buy(Insert WiiU game)?" "No, but check out this sweet, new HDTV I've just picked up! Best picture quality ever. I'll get the game later." Everyone else is off playing the latest game console, while you're stuck playing catch-up, trying to get the WiiU later on. But you've got that "sweet new HDTV"!!

In this scenario, the gamer, is the one who went out of their way to buy the new game system first. Not the one who went out of their way to buy the TV first. A true gamer will play a game system on anything possible. As long as they get to play the game.

But whatever you decide to do, whether Game system-TV, or TV-Game system, is totally up to you, and should not be judged, either way.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#254DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/13/2012 1:52:17 PM
EngineR2 posted...
Also, look at it this way:

You have $450. Only $450. Which do you choose? Game system? Or HDTV? Which one of these actions mentioned below is more fitting of calling someone by the title "gamer"? There are two outcomes:

A:
"Did you buy(Insert WiiU game)?" "Yeah, that game is awesome. I know it'd look even better on an HDTV, but I'm good with my choice for now. At least I get to play it." You don't have the best TV viewing experience, like many others are experiencing, so you are missing out, somewhat But you will, at least, be able to enjoy the brand new game system to some extent.

B:
"Did you buy(Insert WiiU game)?" "No, but check out this sweet, new HDTV I've just picked up! Best picture quality ever. I'll get the game later." Everyone else is off playing the latest game console, while you're stuck playing catch-up, trying to get the WiiU later on. But you've got that "sweet new HDTV"!!

In this scenario, the gamer, is the one who went out of their way to buy the new game system first. Not the one who went out of their way to buy the TV first. A true gamer will play a game system on anything possible. As long as they get to play the game.

But whatever you decide to do, whether Game system-TV, or TV-Game system, is totally up to you, and should not be judged, either way.

A $100 HDTV and a $350 Wii U.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#255EngineR2Posted 11/13/2012 1:57:31 PM
OK, let's try the fact that they only have enough for the 8GB console, and one game, which is about $360, excluding tax.

What then?
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#256DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/13/2012 1:58:50 PM
Then they aught to consider a console that presents a better value.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#257KaiserLeoPosted 11/13/2012 2:01:00 PM
You Wii only loosers had 6 years to get with the times, the Wii was cheap in the first place.

Now you'll have pan scaned games because you are too cheap/poor/stupid to buy a tv where you can see the entire screen.

Enjoy not seeing a third of the picture, loosers.
---
I thank God for Jim.
#258EngineR2Posted 11/13/2012 2:01:52 PM
So, let's go this route:

Only enough cash for a PS3, and one game.

Or,

An Xbox 360, and one game.

What next?
---
#259KaiserLeoPosted 11/13/2012 2:08:46 PM
EngineR2 posted...
So, let's go this route:

Only enough cash for a PS3, and one game.

Or,

An Xbox 360, and one game.

What next?

You buy an older, cheaper, console or pirate said consoles, as you're clearly one missed rent payment from being on the street.
---
I thank God for Jim.
#260EngineR2Posted 11/13/2012 2:12:26 PM
OK. But.... No HDTV!
---