Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

#31toomanymouthsPosted 11/12/2012 1:18:18 PM
I honestly didn't realize people had not bought HDTVs yet. I get displacing your old one to another room, but to not have an HDTV at all?

My mind is blown.
#32Samp98518Posted 11/12/2012 1:21:58 PM
I bought a 360 and played it on a 16" SDTV for a year. Now I play it on a 24"HDTV, which is fine for me, as long as game developers don't make the text any smaller. That's why I bought it, because I couldn't read certain text from where I sat.
---
"My plan was perfect. But there was one thing I overlooked, one factor I failed to calculate.
He's a dumbass. And there's no accounting for dumbassness.
#33sarevokmbPosted 11/12/2012 1:22:05 PM
1. I buy games to play games. Not for how they look. I honestly wouldn't mind playing my games on a black and white tv, as long as the gameplay and story were good.

2. HDTVs don't add anything to the experience. HD only makes games look better compared to large SDTVs. I am playing on a smaller SD TV, and my 360/PS3 games look great - just as good as they do on an HDTV.

3. I have plenty of money for an HDTV. I don't make a lot of money at my job, but I make plenty to pay for rent, utilities, food, a couple of games a month, and some subscription based services (netflix, Amazon Prime, Xbox Live, The Old Republic, etc.). I could easily afford a $1,000 HDTV if I cut back on some things for a month or two.

I just choose not to waste money on stupid stuff like new televisions, when mine works perfectly well. When mine dies, I'll just go to any random tag sale and pick up another free one. They are all over, because people are upgrading to HDTVs and my state doesn't make it easy to throw away old TVs.

I'd rather spend my extra money buying more games and systems to play on my old, perfectly functional TV.
---
"The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't." -Thane, Mass Effect 2
#34XWolfOPosted 11/12/2012 1:24:19 PM
Shame on you, TC. Calling people crazy for wanting to play new games.
---
It's-a me!
#35OmegaPillowPosted 11/12/2012 1:26:38 PM
Anybody that doesn`t own a HDTV is pretty much back in the Rolling stones age, and needs to adapt quickly

OR theyre just too poor
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#36LinetrixPosted 11/12/2012 1:32:46 PM
1. I buy games to play games. Not for how they look. I honestly wouldn't mind playing my games on a black and white tv, as long as the gameplay and story were good.

Thankfully you are part of the pathetic minority. Or else we would still be playing Adventure for Atari.

2. HDTVs don't add anything to the experience. HD only makes games look better compared to large SDTVs

Yep, because when you can't see things properly on a game that only a HDTV would you let you see, it doesn't mean the HDTV is adding something to the experience.

I am playing on a smaller SD TV, and my 360/PS3 games look great - just as good as they do on an HDTV.

Enjoying those nanoscopic letters? Final Fantasy XIII must be awesome to play without knowing what commands you're choosing.

3. I have plenty of money for an HDTV. I don't make a lot of money at my job, but I make plenty to pay for rent, utilities, food, a couple of games a month, and some subscription based services (netflix, Amazon Prime, Xbox Live, The Old Republic, etc.). I could easily afford a $1,000 HDTV if I cut back on some things for a month or two.

So why not do it?

I just choose not to waste money on stupid stuff like new televisions

And videogames...

I'd rather spend my extra money buying more games and systems to play on my old, perfectly functional TV.

Too bad those games you'd be buying are made with HDTVs in mind...
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#37LinetrixPosted 11/12/2012 1:33:50 PM
OmegaPillow posted...
Anybody that doesn`t own a HDTV is pretty much back in the Rolling stones age

Well, we can't accuse them of not following the Nintendo way of life.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#38OmegaPillowPosted 11/12/2012 1:35:39 PM
Linetrix posted...

Thankfully you are part of the pathetic minority. Or else we would still be playing Adventure for Atari.

2. HDTVs don't add anything to the experience. HD only makes games look better compared to large SDTVs

Yep, because when you can't see things properly on a game that only a HDTV would you let you see, it doesn't mean the HDTV is adding something to the experience.

I am playing on a smaller SD TV, and my 360/PS3 games look great - just as good as they do on an HDTV.

Enjoying those nanoscopic letters? Final Fantasy XIII must be awesome to play without knowing what commands you're choosing.

So why not do it?

I just choose not to waste money on stupid stuff like new televisions

And videogames...

Too bad those games you'd be buying are made with HDTVs in mind...

So much ownage in this post
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#391shadetail1Posted 11/12/2012 1:35:49 PM
["Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?"]

*DUH*, because they want to play the games.

This has been another installment of SATSQ (Simple Answer To Stupid Questions).
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#40ZBug_Posted 11/12/2012 1:36:14 PM
I have TWO HDTVs and TWO SDTVs. Now what?
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)